Author Topic: "Tags" bug in DVDP.  (Read 918 times)

Touti

"Tags" bug in DVDP.
« on: August 16, 2009, 09:10:20 PM »
Why in the world do we need to click on a tag before we can add a child or delete it.  I'm using my keyboard down arrow and I see a tag highlighted.  Why do I need to use the mouse and click on already selected field before I can do something with it.

Very annoying..................

Edit:  Ok, I've got about 25 tags to delete..............this whole tag maintenance thing is a piece of shit.  Sorry for the bad language but if I ever write a user interface as unfriendly as this I pray someone will shoot me and put me out of my misery.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:12:01 PM by Eric »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: "Tags" bug in DVDP.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »
It seems that Ken has only implemented the OnMouseClick event, but no the SelectionChanged event or the OnKeyPress event (depending on the type of the control)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

Re: "Tags" bug in DVDP.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »
I just feel this whole edit tags screen is very cumbersome and useless.  When you have the tags displayed on screen you already have everything you need implement the maintenance.  This is .NET framework and the treeview is very poweful.  The way I see it things would work like this.

No "Edit tags" screen, everything is done from the regular tags list through a context menu from a right click.  I would also have drag & drop support to move tags easily.  And would never be so lazy as to display a popup message saying "You must remove all the child before you can remove the tag".  I would tell the user that all child tags will be deleted, ask for confirmation and proceed with deleting them upon confirmation.