Author Topic: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Marathon  (Read 15303 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Marathon
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 02:20:22 AM »
9. The Man of Steel Bars (11/21/93)
When Metropolis suffers a freak heat wave in the middle of winter, citizens blame Superman's powers. He decides to leave the city in order to save it...and leaves Lois to investigate the real heat source.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... I got a few chuckles out of seeing Superman being arrested and put into jail. Especially thought the guy picking on (slapping him, pulling on his cape) him in jail and how that ended was fun. We all know when it comes to Superman you have to suspend all disbelief. But sometime that is hard to do. Especially on episodes like this one where Superman and Clark decides to leave Metropolis at the exact same time... yet still no one can put it together.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 03:55:45 AM »
one of my favorite scenes (season 2)

Lois: If you wanna kill Superman, I don't know why you're going to Smallville or 1966.
Tempus: She doesn't know yet. Oh, this is good. This is really good. Um, Lois, did you know that, in the future, you're revered at the same level as Superman? Why there are books about you, statues, an interactive game. You're even a breakfast cereal.
Lois: Really?
Tempus: Yes. But, as much as everybody loves you, there is one question that keeps coming up: "How dumb was she?" Here, I'll show you what I mean. Look
[puts glasses on]
Tempus: , I'm Clark Kent.
[Takes glasses off]
Tempus: No, I'm Superman.
[Puts glasses on]
Tempus: Mild-mannered reporter.
[Takes glasses off]
Tempus: Superhero. Hello! Duh! Clark Kent is Superman. Ha, ha, ha. Well, that was worth the whole trip. To actually meet the most galactically stupid woman who ever lived.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »
Yup... that was a great scene!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 02:48:54 PM »
10. Pheromone, My Lovely (11/28/93)
A scheming chemist douses the Daily Planet staff with attraction-inducing perfume. The results: Jimmy pursues a model, Perry White falls for the cleaning woman, and Lois has the hots for Clark.

My Thoughts:
I have definitely seen better... but it is a decent episode. If nothing else the scenes of Lois in love with Clark was fun to watch. Not sure I would be strong enough to not take advantage of a hot woman like that throwing herself at me.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
If I recall correctly the episode also gave Clark the upper hand in their "relationship". In order for the potion to work there had to be some initial attraction, Lois had it for Clark but seemingly Clark was not attracted to Lois. Good stuff!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 11:40:43 PM »
11. Honeymoon in Metropolis (12/12/93)
Lois and Clark check into the honeymoon suite. No, it's not what you think. They're undercover, on the trail of a crooked Congressman and international arms dealer who threaten national security.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. I have seen better... but it has some funb scenes in it. I enjoyed the scenes of Lois and Clark undercover in the Honeymoon Suite of the hotel. Especially the phone call between Clark and his parents gave me a few chuckles.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

12. All Shook Up (1/2/94)
When Superman zooms into outer space to destroy an asteroid hurtling toward Earth, he gets a jolt and amnesia. Can he regain his memory and try again before a fragment of the asteroid strikes our planet?

My Thoughts:
This is a great episode. One of my all-time favorites. If I am not mistaken this is actually a remake of an episode of Adventures of Superman with George Reeves. I remember there is at least a similar episode anyway.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 01:06:37 AM »
You're right about All Shook Up being a remake of an episode of The Adventures of Superman.  That episode is "Panic In The Sky" and was in the 2nd season of the old show...so you should go and watch it now.  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 01:36:37 AM »
13. Witness (1/8/94)
What a scoop! An eccentric scientist is killed, and Lois is the only witness. But the murderer is determined that Lois won't live long enough to file her story.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. But not a favorite. Just a basic one.I have been enjoying seeing the relationship of Lois and Clark grow... especially over the last few episodes. And I also enjoyed watching Lois kick a little butt in this episode. While she isn't great at protecting herself... she isn't exactly helpless either.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:27:34 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 11:27:18 PM »
14. Illusions of Grandeur (1/23/94)
Can Superman pull a rescue out of a hat? A kidnapper skilled in magic abducts children and demands ransom from their wealthy parents. Superman's on the job, until the magician hypnotizes the Man of Steel into believe wrong is right.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not one of my favorites. I don't think it should have been that easy to hypnotize Superman.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

15. The Ides of Metropolis (2/6/94)
Houseguests. Lois shares her apartment with a fugitive convicted murderer she believes is innocent. And Clark has a new roomie: Jonathan, who fears Martha is having an affair with a younger man.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but again not a favorite.I liked the storyline with the virus and all... but I didn't care for the detective in this episode. I don't know what it is... but something about her that just bugs me.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 01:29:12 PM »
16. Foundling (2/20/94)
A strange globe Clark took from the wreckage of his spacecraft begins to project messages from his father and mother on Krypton. Then a teenage thief steals the globe...and sells it to Lex Luthor!

My Thoughts:
A good episode. I enjoyed how they handled showing Clark's past to him.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

17. The Rival (2/27/93)
Suddenly The Metropolis Star is scooping the Daily Planet, and Star reporter Linda King is scooping her old rival in love and work, Lois Lane. While Lois has an emotional meltdown, Clark investigates how the Star always gets the story first.

My Thoughts:
This is another episode I really enjoyed. It is just a fun episode all around. I loved how insane with jealousy Lois got. And I had to laugh when Lois found Perry in Clarks closet and even for a brief minute thought... uh... it wasn't exactly work related.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 03:45:26 PM »
18. Vatman (3/13/94)
Superman discovers there's a powerful new villain in town: Superman! Lex Luthor develops a Superman clone with all his powers and just one goal: destroy the real Man of Steel.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode... but there was something about the way that Dean Cain played being child-like that I didn't much care for. I did like the storyline itself though.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 07:05:04 PM »
19. Fly Hard (3/27/94)
No escape! The suspense mounts when terrorists take the Daily Planet crew plus Lex hostage. Clark can't use his super powers without revealing his identity...or putting the others in danger.

My Thoughts:
I really like this episode for the most part. The only thing I didn't really care for is the flash back footage in black and white with the regular cast portraying the people in the flashback. While I can see how some find such a thing entertaining it is something that I never cared for in any show for some reason.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

20. Barbarians at the Planet (5/1/94)
At least she doesn't have to change the monagram on her towels. Lois agrees to be Lex Luthor's bride after the evil genius buys the Daily Planet...and even after Clark declares his love for her.

My thoughts:
This is the first part of the 2-part season finale. Very good episode. I enjoyed every minute of it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

21. The House of Luthor (5/8/94)
While Lois plans for the Big Day, Clark, Perry, Jimmy and Jack use their investigative skills to find out what really caused the explosion at the Daily Planet.

My Thoughts:
The end of the season was very well done. I do remember the first time I watched this (When it originally aired) that I couldn't believe the outcome of Lex Luthor.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

My Thoughts on Season 1:
Over-all this is a great start to an awesome series. It has been a lot of fun revisiting this season. The show has a great cast... I couldn't imagine anyone else doing better in the roles. I really like how this show is more about the lives of Lois & Clark... and that Superman is more like just something Clark can do. The DVD release is done very nicely with a decent amount of extras. The only real drawback I have about this set is that I hate the packaging. I never liked it when they over-lap the discs in a digipak. But that is what they decided to do... not only with this season... but the entire series.

My Rating (Season 1 Over-All):
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 07:20:23 PM »
The only real drawback I have about this set is that I hate the packaging. I never liked it when they over-lap the discs in a digipak. But that is what they decided to do... not only with this season... but the entire series.
It can't be worse than the one for Sliders. It's cheap, you are always affraid to scratch or stain the disc, it's hard to close and it looks ugly with the other dvds in my dvd wallcase. And don't make me start with the Buck Rodgers set, everytime I take one of the disc a risk of breaking it is always present because the release snap plastic in the midle doesn't work.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 08:15:17 PM »
Oh... the Sliders set is definitely worse! no question about that! The Sliders: Season 1 & 2 set is the only TV on DVD set I ever replaced the case with using custom artwork in Keep Cases.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 02:39:39 AM »

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: Season 2
He catches bullets in his hand, snatches innocent citizens from the jaws of death, and zooms bombs, toxic chemicals and other deadly whatnot deep into outer space. But just when you think nothing can overwhelm Superman, love brings him to his knees.

Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher are back for the thrilling second season of new adventures. Action reigns as the Man of Steel unleashes chop-'til-you-drop martial arts moves to battle a mysterious Chi master, pits his mighty powers against the firepower of resurrected '30s mobster Al Capone, and mows down a perp walk of twisted-genius bad guys who challenge him with a lethal array of threats, theft, murder and mayhem. Super hero. Super action. You've got 'em both.

1. Madame Ex (9/18/94)
Lex Luthor is ended...but the malady lingers on. His vengeful ex-wife uses psychology, plastic surgery and Kryptonite! - in a devious plat to vanquish Lois Lane and Clark Kent.

My Thoughts:
A Good start to the new season... but it could have been better. It was only mildly entertaining. I did like that Denise Crosby had a minor roll in this episode. I have always liked her... since I seen her in the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

2. Wall of Sound (9/25/94)
A crook develops a sonic weapon that stuns citizens into slumberland. He even has a special frequency for Superman. Will Superman triumph, or is it time to say good night to the Man of Steel.

My Thoughts:
This is pretty much an average episode. There is really nothing here that is all that special. It is a good idea for a story... but I don't know... just feels like it could have been better.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

3. The Source (10/2/94)
A timid technogeek blows the whistle on corporate corruption. Lois gets the story, then gets a bad case of the guilts when she can't protect the whistleblower from corporate goons.

My Thoughts:
This one is a good episode. They had a lot going on in it... especially considering it is a normal length episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

4. The Prankster (10/9/94)
'Tis better to give than to receive. Lois accepts a series of booby-trapped gifts. The sender: an evil genius who spent five years in prisone, compliments of Lois' investigative reporting.

My Thoughts:
This one is a very good episode. I enjoyed every minute of it. Not only is it a good story it has a lot of laughs as well. This one has Bronson Pinchot guest starring as The Prankster... and I thought he did a great job with it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete