Author Topic: TCE: The Cover Exchange  (Read 5980 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
TCE: The Cover Exchange
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:58:11 PM »
This is a cross-board quote ;)

Quote from: Addicted2DVD
I would like to be able to choose cover art as well. I have several where the cover art is different... especially in the last couple months. And I never had a scanner... so have to depend on the kindness of others if I want the cover art that matches my release.

I - not having that much US releases - may not be of much help, but maybe here is someone who happens to have scanned covers of movies addicted also has.

I could help out with season disc covers for the shows I have according to their locality.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: TCE: The Cover Exchange
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:07:17 AM »
Good idea... I will have to see what all I need yet.... will try to get a list up tomorrow. I will also list the ones that I already have that are re-releases in case anyone wants them.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 02:37:26 AM »
If I have a a cover that someone wants scanned, go ahead and ask me. I will gladly do it.

If you want to see my "work" and judge if the quality of my scans is good enough for you, just head over to my phpdvdprofiler website, up top next to "Search In" select TAGS, then, next to For, select "zAudit/20.Cover Scans", the titles that come up are the scans I did myself. If you like what you see, or want to use that scan for yourself, just click the cover, and the image to loads, is the one I use and have.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 11:59:06 AM »
ok... to at least get my lists started...

I Need Re-Release Covers for:

The Relic
The above picture is the scan I need. All I have is this small image with the shrink wrap still on it. and don't have the re-release back cover at all.

Inside DVD December 2000 (Scrooge 1935)
Looking for front scan of the version with the cute blond in the santa outfit

I have To Offer:
Thanks to the kindness of a couple other users I do have re-release images of:

April Fools Day
Thank You RichieRich!.... See Post below for scans.

Bringing Out the Dead
Front and back of re-release artwork.

Edward Scissorhands
this is a re-release keep case version... not the tin version. I have both front and back.

You can get the ones I do have at my phpdvdprofiler site... just click the thumbnail art to get the full sized.

I know there is more to add to my list of needed.... but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now... will have to go through my collection and add them as I find them.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:20:10 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

richierich

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 01:58:37 PM »
I assume everyone knows how to pull my high res images from my site, banner below or link http://www.richesdvds.co.uk/phpdvdprofiler/index.php

Just click on a titles front cover, the high res image will appear, copy and paste it into DVDP, repeat for rear cover. I have about 4000 dvds that I have now scanned myself.

Sorry Pete, I don't have those scans in my collection, but I will look around for you

cheers
Rich

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:35:02 PM by richierich »

richierich

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 02:16:04 PM »
not brilliant, but found these Pete if they help?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »
Absolutely better then what I have...

:thanks:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »
the high res image image will appear

I knew I shouldn't have looked at your hi res scans.. Having the hi res at 1024px height is brilliant. I kept doing mine at 700px high, but there was always something bugging me about it, and now, comparing some of your scans at 1024 against my 700, it's obvious: res is just too low to let the details out. Looks like I'll have a re-scanning to do!  :laugh:

richierich

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 03:34:36 PM »
Absolutely better then what I have...

:thanks:

no probs at all.
No luck on the Relic cover, this must be quite a rare re-release

richierich

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 03:38:19 PM »
the high res image image will appear

I knew I shouldn't have looked at your hi res scans.. Having the hi res at 1024px height is brilliant. I kept doing mine at 700px high, but there was always something bugging me about it, and now, comparing some of your scans at 1024 against my 700, it's obvious: res is just too low to let the details out. Looks like I'll have a re-scanning to do!  :laugh:

I was the same Ross, but once I got phpprofiler I wanted to fill the half page image with a full front or rear scan. Since then I've been slowly scanning my collection.

Hats off to Andy (AJM) as his quality of scan is even better than mine, and he got me started with the whole PHP site.

RossRoy

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 05:30:49 PM »
I was the same Ross, but once I got phpprofiler I wanted to fill the half page image with a full front or rear scan. Since then I've been slowly scanning my collection.

Hats off to Andy (AJM) as his quality of scan is even better than mine, and he got me started with the whole PHP site.

1024px is definitely the sweet spot right now. Perfect size for my monitor, and it seems I have much less work to do to make them look good compared to 700px. Doesn't need as much sharpening, colors seem to be better too. Took me about 5-10 minutes each this morning (I did 1408, Black Book and You Kill Me)

richierich

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 08:27:19 PM »

1024px is definitely the sweet spot right now. Perfect size for my monitor, and it seems I have much less work to do to make them look good compared to 700px. Doesn't need as much sharpening, colors seem to be better too. Took me about 5-10 minutes each this morning (I did 1408, Black Book and You Kill Me)

Have you tried using the image comparison tool Ross, it will be the quickest way to get images from other users who have stored them at higher res.

RossRoy

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 08:42:09 PM »
Have you tried using the image comparison tool Ross, it will be the quickest way to get images from other users who have stored them at higher res.

Yes, I've used it. But I like scanning them myself. It takes a while, especially since I have 1570 to do (growing regularly), but I like the satisfaction of knowing I scanned it myself.

Lithurge

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »

Yes, I've used it. But I like scanning them myself. It takes a while, especially since I have 1570 to do (growing regularly), but I like the satisfaction of knowing I scanned it myself.

I think that's called masochism  ;)

RossRoy

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 07:15:29 PM »
I think that's called masochism  ;)

I wholeheartedly agree!   :slaphead: :slaphead: :slaphead: :stars:

;)