Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467477 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #195 on: July 29, 2011, 08:41:52 PM »

It is one of those bad Sci-Fi Channel movies that they are always airing.

:laugh:

They may air it on Sci-Fi but this was a full-blown $75million production from Korea about one of their legends.

ETA: I quite enjoyed it when I viewed it and would probably given it a 3
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:49:27 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2011, 09:06:31 PM »
I would have never known it by watching it!  :o I gave it a 3 myself.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2011, 07:49:52 AM »
There were posters for it in the movie theater...and some big cardboard display thing.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2011, 02:22:29 AM »
     Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde: Special Edition (2003/United States)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Charles Herman-Wurmfeld
Writing:Amanda Brown (Original Characters By), Eve Ahlert (Story By), Dennis Drake (Story By), Kate Kondell (Story By), Kate Kondell (Screenwriter)
Length:95 min.
Rating:PG-13
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods
Sally Field as Congresswoman Rudd
Regina King as Grace Rossiter
Jennifer Coolidge as Paulette Parcelle
Bruce McGill as Stanford Marks
Dana Ivey as Libby Hauser

Plot:
Reese Witherspoon is back in Elle Woods' strappy shoes, and this time she's taking on Washington, D.C.! Featuring an all-star cast, including Sally Field, Bob Newhart and Luke Wilson, this hilarious hit comedy is a "hugely enjoyable sequel" (TV Guide) that will leave you lobbying for more!

When Elle (Witherspoon) discovers that her lovable chihuahua Bruiser's mom is locked in a cruel animal testing facility, she heads to D.C. to fight for animal rights, give Washington a makeover and prove once and for all that America really is the land of the free...and the home of the blonde!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interactive Games
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
After enjoying the first one as much as I did... I wanted to go ahead and watch part 2. Knowing ahead of time not to expect as much from it as the first one. And it isn't as good as the first one. But it is better then I was expecting going by reviews I have read. Even the trailer didn't look as promising. But when it came down to it I enjoyed it enough to say it was worth watching. Sure the storyline is much more silly. But it is also more of the same stuff I enjoyed about the first one. This one also has many more familiar faces then the first one did. I especially enjoyed seeing Mary Lynn Rajskub who was one of my favorites in 24. Then there was also Bob Newhart as a doorman that helped Elle through-out the movie. And also James Read who played Elle's father in both the movies. I know him from Charmed where he played the The Charmed Ones' father. While I can see why people didn't care for this one nearly as much... I am glad I have it in my collection to go along with part 1. I probably won't watch it as often as the first one... but I can see myself watching it again.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »
     The Simpsons Movie: Widescreen (2007/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:David Silverman
Writing:James L. Brooks (Screenwriter), Matt Groening (Screenwriter), Al Jean (Screenwriter), Ian Maxtone-Graham (Screenwriter), George Meyer (Screenwriter), David Mirkin (Screenwriter), Mike Reiss (Screenwriter), Mike Scully (Screenwriter), Matt Selman (Screenwriter), John Swartzwelder (Screenwriter), Jon Vitti (Screenwriter)
Length:87 min.
Rating:PG-13
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Dan Castellaneta as Homer
Julie Kavner as Marge
Nancy Cartwright as Bart
Yeardley Smith as Lisa
Nancy Cartwright as Maggie
Nancy Cartwright as Ralph

Plot:
When Homer accidentally pollutes the river with toxic waste from the nuclear power plant, he gets fired from his job, and everyone has to evacuate Springfield, possibly forever.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Not terrible... but at the same time nothing really special here. But then while I did like the cartoon... it was never really a favorite. And this movie felt more like a long episode more-so then a movie. Nothing in the movie really popped to make it feel any more special. But it is entertaining for what it is. While I can see myself watching it again... not one I will watch all that often.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
     Bad Boys: Special Edition (1995/United States)

Columbia TriStar Home Video
Director:Michael Bay
Writing:George Gallo (Story By), Michael Barrie (Screenwriter), Jim Mulholland (Screenwriter), Doug Richardson (Screenwriter)
Length:119 min.
Rating:R
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Music Only: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Lisa Boyle as Girl Decoy
Michael Taliferro as Carjacker
Emmanuel Xuereb as Eddie Dominguez
Tchéky Karyo [Tcheky Karyo] as Fouchet
Marc Macaulay as Noah Trafficante
Ralph Gonzalez as Kuni

Plot:
From director Michael Bay (THE ROCK, ARMAGEDDON) and the production team of Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer (BEVERLY HILLS COP, TOP GUN) comes a thrill ride of explosive action from beginning to end.

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence team up as partners in crime, crime-fighting that is, in this action-packed flick about a couple of good guys who are real BAD BOYS!

One hundred million dollars worth of confiscated heroin has just been jacked from police custody. Once the career bust of Detectives Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence), the missing drugs now threaten to shut down the narcotics division of the Miami Police Department.

When the drug investigation turns deadly, the murderers kidnap the only witness – a beautiful police informant (Téa Leoni) and close friend of The Boys – and things get personal! Fast cars, a gorgeous woman and non-stop action make BAD BOYS a guaranteed good time!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Multi-angle
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I haven't seen since it was first released. That means the last time I saw this movie it was actually on VHS! So needless to say it was like watching it again for the first time... as I really remembered nothing about the movie going into it this morning. And I must admit... I enjoyed it quite a bit. The bickering back and forth between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence was entertaining. And all the gun fights and explosions was a lot of fun to watch as well. Now I may have to pop in Bad Boys II as I never got the chance to sen that one before.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »
I like Bad Boys, but detest Bad Boys 2. It's offensively bad!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »
I ended up deciding to hold off on Bad Boys II when I saw it is almost two and a half hours long.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2011, 03:56:34 AM »
The only thing in Bad Boys II that made me cheer was the generous helping of gore in some scenes. It felt oddly out of place though :shrug:

I like Bad Boys II about as much as Jon.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2011, 07:08:38 PM »
     Captain America/ Captain America II: Death Two Soon: Action-Packed Double Feature (1979/United States)

Shout! Factory
Director:Captain America: Rod Holcomb
Captain America II: Death Too Soon: Ivan Nagy
Writing:Captain America: Don Ingalls (Screenwriter), Don Ingalls (Story By), Chester Krumholz (Story By)
Captain America II: Death Too Soon: Wilton Schiller (Writer), Patricia Payne (Writer)
Length:185 min.
Rating:NR
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Captain America:
Reb Brown as Captain America / Steve Rogers
Len Birman as Dr. Simon Mills
Heather Menzies as Dr. Wendy Day
Robin Mattson as Tina Hayden
Joseph Ruskin as Rudy Sandrini

Captain America II: Death Too Soon:
Reb Brown as Captain America / Steve Rogers
Connie Sellecca as Dr. Wendy Day
Len Birman as Dr. Simon Mills
Christopher Lee as Miguel
Katherine Justice as Helen Moore

Plot:
CAPTAIN AMERICA
When former Marine Steve Rogers is in an accident, his only hope for recovery is an injection of the FLAG superserum – created years ago by his own father – which enhances each of his senses, as well as gives him great strength and fast reflexes. And to help him bring his attackers to justice, a government agency outfits him with a motorcycle and powerful shield, then turns the newly formed Captain America loose on the nation s enemies.

CAPTAIN AMERICA II: DEATH TOO SOON
Captain America returns to carry on the legacy of his father and defend the country — this time, however, he faces off against the terrorist known only as Miguel and the threat of a chemical agent that rapidly ages those who come in contact with it.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
It has been so long since I watched these TV Movies I just couldn't wait to watch this set. So much to Jon's dismay... here is my review for this set. Bring on the nostalgia!

Captain America:
While I did have a lot of fun watching this movie. I felt it took too long for Steve Rogers to agree to become Captain America... and MUCH too long before we got to see him in the costume. Unfortunately they also modernize the costume as well. In this first movie there is actually two versions of the costume. The first one looked more like something Evel Knievel  would wear. The second (at the very end of the movie) was much closer indeed... but still way off from what you see in the comics and animation. Yes this is very cheesy... and a definite sign of the times. Whenever Captain America uses his powers you heard a sound effect to let you know. Very similar to the series of the time... The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. The one thing that was missing is that Captain America never throws his shield at all in this movie. I enjoyed this movie in a nostalgic sort of way. It really brought my back to my childhood. Though I would have liked to have seen more Captain America in it. But I guess that is to be expected for the origin story.

Captain America II: Death Too Soon
In the second movie Connie Sellecca takes over one of the main roles playing Dr. Wendy Day... replacing Heather Menzies. They also get Christopher Lee to play the main villain... which is cool. And I enjoyed the storyline quite a bit.  And Captain America throws his shield on more then one occasion in this one. Making up for not doing so in the previous movie. I do think, though, that the motorcycle turning into a glider was a bit much... even for me. But that was only one short scene... so didn't take away from the movie much.

I have read that these movies was attempts to get a TV Series started. It is a shame that never came to be. I know I would have watched it. The DVD itself leaves quite a bit to be desired. The audio and video are fine. But there is no real extras on the disc what so ever. But either way... it was a lot of fun watching these movies again after a good 30 years! Wow... 30 years! I am starting to feel old!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »

Title: BMX Bandits
[.............]

I just wish this movie got a better DVD release then what it did.
This one just appear on the front page and your wish was granted Pete and the dvd isn't really costly ;D
BMX Bandits 2011 Severin Films release
DVD review

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
Cool. I remember this being mentioned before the release. But it had slipped my mind. Will have to put it in my wishlist so I don't forget about it again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2011, 08:38:25 PM »
     American Pie Presents: Band Camp: Unrated: Widescreen (2005/United States)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Steve Rash
Writing:Adam Herz (Original Characters By), Brad Riddell (Writer)
Length:94 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Eugene Levy as Mr. Levenstein
Tad Hilgenbrinck as Matt Stifler
Arielle Kebbel as Elyse
Jason Earles as Ernie
Crystle Lea Lightning as Chloe
Jun Hee Lee as Jimmy

Plot:
Get ready for the wildest, most hilarious slice of AMERICAN PIE ever! This time around, the bad-boy antics of Stifler's younger brother Matt get him sentenced to a summer at... Band Camp! Join the fun as the "Stiffmeister" legend reaches outrageous new heights with hot camp counselors, ultra-steamy hidden cameras and a stimulating encounter with a certain musical instrument. Co-starring "Jim's Dad," Eugene Levy, and an irresistible cast including a pair of Playmates, it's a Pie-style party you'll never forget!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
This movie is more of they same type of immature jokes and situations as the previous movies. Except it don't have many of the people from the first few. I also didn't quite care for this one as much. While it is a fun idea to show the band camp that was talked about so much in the first movie... it just didn't hit the mark the way it should have. It wasn't terrible mind you. I found the storyline entertaining enough to keep me interested through-out the movie. And I did get a slight chuckle or two out of it. But really not much more then an average movie. I have two more of the American Pie movies (Beta House and The Naked Mile)... hopefully they will be better then this one. Though I do have to doubt that at this point.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »
     Good Luck Chuck: Chucked Up!: Uncut Edition (2007/United States)

Lions Gate Entertainment
Director:Mark Helfrich
Writing:Josh Stolberg (Screenwriter)
Length:101 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Connor Price as Young Charlie
Troy Gentile as Young Stu
Mackenzie Mowat as Birthday Girl
Sasha Pieterse as Goth Girl
Caroline Ford as Jennifer
Dane Cook as Charlie

Plot:
Dane Cook stars in this hilarious comedy about the luckiest guy on earth. Meet Charlie Logan (Cook), he's a good luck charm and women are guaranteed to find true love after they sleep with him. But what seems like a blessing feels like a curse when he meets Cam (Jessica Alba), the girl of his dreams. Chuck will do anything — and anyone — to break the curse and get the girl in this raunchy, outrageous story.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is one of the movies that was given to me recently. I have seen it before though... as I borrowed it from the library a while back when I happened to see it there. I enjoyed it then... and I think I enjoyed it even more on this second viewing. I never been much of a fan of Dane Cook... but I absolutely adore Jessica Alba. I been a big fan of hers since the old Dark Angel days. Not only was she funny and adorable... she was as sexy as I have ever seen her in this movie! And Dane Cook didn't irritate me as much as he normally does... so he didn't hurt my enjoyment of this movie at all. It seems most romantic comedies out there is no more then rated PG-13... so it was refreshing to see something up above that rating for a change. I really had a good time watching this movie. I hope to one day upgrade this to the widescreen version.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
     A Reason to Believe (1995)

Lion's Gate Home Entertainment
Director:Douglas Tirola
Writing:Douglas Tirola (Original Material By)
Length:108 min.
Rating:Rated R : Strong Sexuality and Language, Substance Abuse and a Rape
Video:Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Jay Underwood as Jim Current
Allison Smith as Charlotte Byrne
Danny Quinn as Wesley Grant
Georgia Emelin as Linda Berryman
Kim Walker as Judith
Keith Coogan as Potto

Plot:
The envy of her sorority sisters, Charlotte Byrne (Allison Smith) has everything. Looks. Popularity. And Wesley, a boyfriend and fraternity. But one might Charlotte attends a party without Wesley... and falls prey to the overtures of his frat brother Jim, a devious womaniser. Not one to take no for an answer, Jim isolates and forces a Charlotte into an unwanted sexual encounter. And that's just the beginning of her nightmare. Wesley learns of the incident and breaks up with her. Jim trivialises and boasts of his "conquests." She's ostracized by her sorority sisters. But with help from a campus support group, Chart finds her courage and decides to take legal action. What follows is a profile in strength that leaves none of her values or friendships unchallenged... and justice hanging in the balance.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I originally ordered this movie because I saw it come up when I searched the name Holly Marie Combs. Who I been a fan of for many years now. Unfortunately her part in this movie is very small. Though I must admit I enjoyed every minute of her scene. As far as I know it is the only nude scene she has done in any film. And sure... there is part of me that loved seeing it. As for the movie on a whole. It isn't terribly bad... but it wasn't as good as I was hoping either. While I understand the point of this movie... I felt they went a little over-board being preachy. It kind of felt like watching an R-Rated After School Special.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete