Author Topic: "Due South" marathon  (Read 73194 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: "Due South" marathon
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »
Victoria's Secret - Part 1

as was said... this one is more on the side of drama then comedy... though as noted there is some. And I don't know if I am just getting used to it... or what other people has said of the situation changing my mind... but I really didn't mind Fraser's father in this episode. I did definitely have to laugh at the hat thing. I wish we got to find out for sure who shot the wolf... I hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling it was Victoria. Also this episode is a little longer then the normal... clocking in at 53 minutes. I wonder if part 2 will be longer then usual as well.

My Rating:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2009, 08:43:37 PM »

as was said... this one is more on the side of drama then comedy... though as noted there is some. And I don't know if I am just getting used to it... or what other people has said of the situation changing my mind... but I really didn't mind Fraser's father in this episode. I did definitely have to laugh at the hat thing. I wish we got to find out for sure who shot the wolf... I hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling it was Victoria. Also this episode is a little longer then the normal... clocking in at 53 minutes. I wonder if part 2 will be longer then usual as well.

My Rating:

Argh! I'm not watching this obviously, but just reading all the overviews so far, I find I'm worried about the bloody wolf!  :o :fingerchew:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:15 PM »
Argh! I'm not watching this obviously, but just reading all the overviews so far, I find I'm worried about the bloody wolf!  :o :fingerchew:
(click to show/hide)

Najemikon

« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2009, 09:30:05 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »

My Rating:

Argh! I'm not watching this obviously, but just reading all the overviews so far, I find I'm worried about the bloody wolf!  :o :fingerchew:

So Sorry Jon!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2009, 09:39:15 PM »
Victoria's Secret - Part 2

I don't know what else to say other then... Wow! What a powerful episode... and the way it ended... there is no way I can't go on to the next one right away!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2009, 12:22:48 AM »
Letting Go

Great episode! Though the "Rear Window" storyline has been done to death (one of these days I need to see that movie!  :bag: ) I never fail to enjoy it. And ok... I admit it... I am really getting to like the character of Fraser's father!  The bit with him in the pool was hilarious! :laugh: And let me just say DAMN!... if I go for a stay in the hospital... I want a nurse that looks like that!  :drooling: And I don't normally go for blondes... but there was just something about her!

My Rating:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2009, 12:31:09 AM »
Great episode! Though the "Rear Window" storyline has been done to death (one of these days I need to see that movie!  :bag: )

Pete, you should get it! We'll be reviewing the hell out of that movie in a couple of weeks... :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:04 AM »
I was just chatting with a friend... and she told me to get it right away! So between her and you... looks like it will be in my next order.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2009, 01:04:10 AM »
You know you were talking about crushes on women in TV and film? Hitchcock's photography of Grace Kelly is guaranteed to add another crush to that list! :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2009, 01:10:27 AM »
 :laugh: Sounds good to me!  :P
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2009, 02:50:15 PM »
h: And let me just say DAMN!... if I go for a stay in the hospital... I want a nurse that looks like that!  :drooling: And I don't normally go for blondes... but there was just something about her!

She also starred in the TV Show "The Magnificent Seven" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129695/ GREAT show! Really good cast. Failr inexpensive as well. Amazon has both seasons for $25.99 http://www.amazon.com/Magnificent-Seven-Complete-Dana-Barron/dp/B0014BQR38/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1249044502&sr=8-3

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2009, 03:07:16 PM »
She also played the love interest in the Jim Carrey movie "The Majestic" which you have in your unwatched pile for this weekend's marathon. Though be warned, that it is a different kind of movie than Carrey's usual work. I did like it, but it was a bit slow at times. And she was really beautiful in it, if I remember correctly (it has been a few years since I have watched it).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2009, 03:33:07 PM »
Thanks... I could tell that from the trailer of The Majestic. It is one of the reasons it is still in my unwatched pile. I haven't had the drive to give it a chance yet.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »
Next deadline, new season: 2009-08-09
North
Vault
Witness
A Bird In The Hand