Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: 5/22 - 5/24  (Read 9875 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: 5/22 - 5/24
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »

Village of the Damned
From the master of suspense, John Carpenter, comes a chilling new version of the sci-fi classic. Something is terribly wrong in the tiny village of Midwich. After an unseen force invades a quiet coastal town, ten women mysteriously find themselves pregnant. Local physician Dr. Alan Chaffee (Christopher Reeve) and government scientist Dr. Susan Verner (Kirstie Alley) join forces when the women simultaneously give birth...and the reign of terror begins. In what the New York Times calls "one scarifying trip," the people of Midwich must try and find a way to stop the children in the Village of the Damned.

My Thoughts:
This is another movie I have not seen in many years. A remake of a classic horror that I never seen. But going by this remake I would like to. I mean... I have seen better then this one. It really is slightly above average in my opinion. But I would have to think that as usual the original would be better then the remake. One problem I have with this movie... and it really is my own personal problem... is that I still have a hard time seeing Christopher Reeve in any role other then Superman. I also didn't care much for Kristie Alley in this movie. But I do definitely feel this is a good "evil kid" movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 05:25:09 PM »

Good Luck Chuck
Dane Cook stars in this hilarious comedy about the luckiest guy on earth. Meet Charlie Logan (Cook), he's a good luck charm and women are guaranteed to find true love after they sleep with him. But what seems like a blessing feels like a curse when he meets Cam (Jessica Alba), the girl of his dreams. Chuck will do anything - and anyone - to break the curse and get the girl in this raunchy, outrageous story.

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I borrowed from the library to see  if I want to add it to my collection. I never been much of a fan of Dane Cook... but I absolutely adore Jessica Alba. I been a big fan of hers since the old Dark Angel days. Not only was she funny and adorable... she was as sexy as I have ever seen her in this movie! And Dane Cook didn't irritate me as much as he normally does... so he didn't hurt my enjoyment of this movie at all. It seems most romantic comedies out there is no more then rated PG-13... so it was refreshing to see something up above that rating for a change. I really had a good time watching this movie... and will definitely be adding it to my collection.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 08:18:45 PM »

Aquamarine
It's the end of summer and Claire (Roberts) and Hailey (Jojo) have a major problem. In just five days, Hailey's family is moving halfway around the world! These girls need a major miracle, and get one in the form of Aquamarine, a beautiful mermaid who washes ashore in a late summer storm. Sweet but clueless to the ways of romance, she offers to grant the girls one wish if they help her find the boy of her dreams. But when they attempt to reel in the cute local lifeguard, the result is something none of them expect...and they discover that sometimes what you wish for isn't what you really want after all.

My Thoughts:
I promised my daughter Brittany that I would watch one of her movies with her this weekend. And this is what was picked out. It is a cute enough movie... but definitely strongly geared to the teenage girl. But all the same it was entertaining. Most the characters likable... at least the ones you are supposed to like. It is worth checking out at least once.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete