Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Marathon  (Read 22431 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Marathon
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2007, 08:20:10 AM »
Season 6: Disc 1
2. After Life
As Buffy adjusts to life after resurrection, a shadowy presence menaces her sidekicks - a side effect of the spell cast by Willow to bring the Slayer back.
I watched this episode yesterday evening and after it I felt really depressed because of the scene where she told Spike that she was in heaven and was ripped out of it by the scooby gang.

Although she said that they must never know I am sure this will become an issue sooner or later.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2007, 09:40:11 AM »
Yes, I remember that. A very dark twist...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2007, 09:49:36 AM »
yes... it was a strong episode emotionally.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2007, 11:24:52 PM »
6. Once More, With Feeling
A mysterious force impels the Scooby Gang to burst into song, revealing their true feelings.
That was freakin' hilarious! I like musicals in general and I always like a good fun episode. I liked the musical episodes in "Xena" and I sure liked this one.

But as I said the ripped-out-of-heaven-thing was bound to come out.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2007, 12:36:14 AM »
Didn't want to spoil it on ya... but yup.. it sure did. I don't like musicals at all so like I said... it was pretty much torture for me to get through.... but the episode did have some important stuff happen in it.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2007, 09:31:18 PM »
And it is done.

I've never ever watched a whole "Buffy" episode on TV but after the successful recommendation of "Friends" I took a leap of faith and bought the whole "Buffy" collection.

I watched the movie beforehand (I like Kristy Swanson ;)) and on November, 25th the pilot to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". Today I watched the final episode "Chosen" and the spin-off "Angel" will be delivered in january.

It was a very funny show and I liked it a lot. I found it interesting that "Buffy" didn't use season cliffhangers but killed off the bad guy at the end of the season. Non-cliffhanger shows have become rare in recent years. And I have to admit that the killing of the bad guy was often a bit unsatisfactory, it often felt to easy. It's the same thing with "Smallville". There they use cliffhangers, but the problem is solved in the very first episode of the new season and it seldom felt "real" (e.g. the 2nd meteor shower cliffhanger or the Zod cliffhanger).

But as I said, in the great picture it was a very good show and I hope that "Angel" can stand up to this (I will miss Buffy's remarks just before killing a demon).

Does anyone know the reason why Anya was the chosen one to be killed off in the finale (Spike had at least a reason)?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:36:24 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2007, 09:35:30 PM »
PS: Does anyone know the "Season 8 comic books"? I'm not sure it will be the same, because I think the actors made the show and not necessarily the story.
Karsten

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2007, 09:38:28 PM »
Does anyone know the reason why Anya was the chosen one to be killed off in the finale (Spike had at least a reason)?

As far as I know, it was at the request of Emma Caulfield. She wanted her character to be killed of just to make sure, that she can leave the show, in case there would have been an 8th season.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2007, 10:15:19 PM »
Oh, there could've been an 8th season?

Btw: Were there ever two consecutive episodes that weren't directly connected where Buffy had the same hair cut?
Karsten

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2007, 10:20:28 PM »
Oh, there could've been an 8th season?

I just remember that while season 7 was airing and being produced, it wasn't clear awhile if that season will be the last (though it looked like it).
And that Emma Caulfield made clear in interviews, that if there would be an 8th season, she will not sign on for it.

Najemikon

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2007, 09:51:02 AM »
I'm waiting for a collected edition of Season 8. I think the success of the show was an even split between the actors and the story. Plus Joss Whedon is a long time comics writer, so it should be pretty good.

I'm not sure there was going to be a true eight season. Maybe another spin-off. But I thought the way they ended season 7 was brilliant because they altered a basic dynamic of the show and still left it open. It's ages since I saw it, but I was left with the feeling that they had drawn a line under it and for it to continue, it really would have to be a spin-off.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:53:39 AM by Najemikon »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »
17. Lies My Parents Told Me
When the Scoobies fail to nullify the First's hold on Spike, Principal Wood and Giles team up to kill him. Meanwhile, Spike relives the day he became a vampire.

My Thoughts:
This one was a fun and interesting episode. One I enjoyed quite a bit...I like how it goes into Spike's past... and the fight between Spike and Wood was a great one.
While looking for irish folk songs, I stumbled across this today:

http://acathla.webou.com/declenchespike.mp3
Karsten