Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: 1/9 - 1/11  (Read 11872 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: 1/9 - 1/11
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »
I liked approx. the first two thirds of Hancock. It started to stink when they began with that overly melodramatic resolution.

Otherwise I agree, the trailer promised indeed something entirely different.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 03:52:31 PM »
Once again I need to agree. It did loose a little something for me towards the ending of the movie. But that could be because I was expecting something different from the start. I may think otherwise on another viewing.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 06:57:53 PM »

Kindergarten Cop
A tough undercover cop (Arnold Schwarzenegger) learns more than he bargained for when he poses as a teacher to a class of unruly kids.

My Thoughts:
It has been many years since I watched this movie. So long in fact I went into it without remembering much at all about it. This is a good comedy... but not one of those laugh out loud type comedies. More of a cute movie type thing. I cracked a few smiles... but not actually laughed. Even so... I enjoyed it quite a bit. And was good to see again after all these years.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »
I cracked a few smiles... but not actually laughed.

You didn't actually laugh? Damn. You're tough! ??? I'm not saying it's a fantastic movie, but it cracks me up every time and I do see it a lot. Not out of choice, but it's one of my mum's favourites and ITV2 seem to show it every other week. ::)

His partner makes it for me: "Not so tough without your car, are ya?"  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 08:42:53 PM »
Now that was probably the best line in the movie for me!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 09:57:18 PM »

Deadtime Stories
Your favorite nightmares come to life in a horror/fantasy salute to the age-old bedtime story ritual. Travel on a mysterious journey to a medieval world populated by blood-crazed witches, evil experiments and captive maidens.

Then from the catacombs and dark caverns of medieval Europe, you plunge into modern suburbia and the frolicsome adventures of a nubile lady jogger stalked by a savage werewolf.

Finally, sensuality becomes macabre black comedy as you follow the trail of three escaped mental patients who share a country house with a daffy murderess.

My Thoughts:
Time for a new Anthology horror. I thought I might have seen this one before... but I didn't. I must have just remembered seeing the case at the video store or something. It is a good movie.... but is far from the best anthology horror I ever seen. Really is pretty low-budget... and some of the acting left much to be desired. But it had it's moments. I think of all the stories I liked the werewolf story the best. The witch story was pretty cool as well... but the last story didn't work very well for me. It was actually more silly then anything.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 05:25:34 PM »

The Dark Knight
The follow-up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime. With the help of Lt. Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves effective. But soon the three find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker, who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante. Heath Ledger stars as archvillain The Joker, and Aaron Eckhart plays Dent. Maggie Gyllenhall joins the cast as Rachel Dawes. Returning from Batman Begins are Gary Oldman as Gordon, Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox.

My Thoughts:
I loved Batman Begins... so I was excited to hear that they were making this sequel.  I didn't realize until today that, like Batman Begins, this one is a very long movie at just over 2 and a half hours. But you wouldn't know it while watching the movie! The time flew by and before I knew it I was watching the credits roll. I liked how they did The Joker this time. Talk about a dark version! I am impressed... I think Heath Ledger easily out did Jack Nicholson in the roll. It is such a shame we can not look forward to any more from him. I am sitting here writing this review still in awe of this movie. And that is saying something because I let it all sink in... waiting almost an hour before writing up this review. I can not suggest this movie any higher! An outstanding job from everyone involved!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »
Well... I think I will go ahead and call this an end to my marathon this weekend. I got to watch all the ones I really wanted to... and really had a good time this weekend. But think I am now in the mood to work on some of my TV Series again for a few days.  :P
Pete