Author Topic: Medium Marathon  (Read 12561 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Medium Marathon
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 06:48:06 PM »
Season 2 Disc 4

12. Doctor's Orders
The ghost of the serial killer Dr. Walker is back in Allison's life. And now it looks like he is after her daughter Ariel!

My Thoughts:
This is a great episode I really enjoyed every minute of it. It was fun to see the serial killer ghost come back.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

13. Raising Cain
A little boy is kidnapped and left for dead. But when new evidence points towards his mother, Allison wonders if the woman was trying to stop her son from committing evil acts in the future.

My Thoughts:
Another really good episode... but not quite as good as the last. The one that plays the mother of the little boy in this episode looks extremely familiar... I checked her name but it is not someone I know. Now it is bugging me who she reminds me of!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

14. A Changed Man
When Allison gets minor concussion and has an MRI, she meets a man who may have murdered a missing girl. But then he introduces Allison to her, and not only is she alive...she's his wife!

My Thoughts:
This is another episode I liked a lot. Not only did I like the main story in this one... I found the "family issues" in this episode very interesting as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

15. Sweet Child O' Mine
After dreaming about her miscarried child, Allison develops maternal feelings for a teenage boy who is accused of murder. Joe worries about letting Bridget keep a stray dog.

My Thoughts:
We learn something new about Alison in this episode. This is the first we heard about her having a miscarriage 15 years ago. This is another episode that I enjoyed both the main storyline and the "family issues". This disc of episodes is much better then the previous disc worth!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 08:54:17 PM »
Pete, I know we've talked before about your aversion to five star ratings, but don't you even make exceptions for TV episodes? Because a TV show is made differently to a film, surely it is possible for them to pull off a perfect episode that encompasses everything they set out to do? Normally pilots make a compromise to get sold, but as everyone settles in and feels brave the confidence can produce solid gold.

For instance, there's no way that Buffy's The Body from season five could be less than five stars. It's monumental!

C'mon! Break the damn seal on that box of fives! :drunk:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »
 :laugh: Be honest with you never really thought about it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 01:09:06 AM »
Season 2 Disc 5:

16. Allison Wonderland
After she helps her boss find the brother of a close friend, Allison has visions of his death and needs Joe's help to decode his messages. Bridget appears to be communicating with a dead author.

My Thoughts:
A decent episode... but not the best one I ever seen. I found myself more interested in the family portion of the episode then the crime portion.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

17. Lucky In Love
Allison is surprised when her brother Michael shows up in Phoenix and gets romantically involved with a young woman who needs his help to settle a score.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good episode. It was fun to see Alison's brother again.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

18. S.O.S.
After Joe finds the body of a dead girl during a family outing. Allison decides it's time to explain to Bridget and Ariel what it is she does for a living.

My Thoughts:
Another one I enjoyed. This one is heavy on the family side of things... even more so then most episodes. I really like how this series combines the crime stuff and family stuff so well. In my opinion it makes for a much better series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

19. Knowing Her
Scanlon is forced to come clean to Allison about his past when three drug mules are found murdered and Allison's visions connect him to their deaths.

My Thoughts:
This episode is pretty much centered around Detective Scanlon. A character I never really cared that much for. So this episode really isn't one of my favorites. Even the family side of this episode was only OK this time around.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 01:12:11 AM »
Time for this marathon to be placed on hold for a few days while I do my weekend movie marathon.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 01:32:26 AM »
Well... I ended up changing my mind. I decided I wanted to work more on my Medium Marathon then I did watch movies. So...

Season 2 Disc 6:

20. The Darkness Is Light Enough
Allison dreams of a blind woman whose apartment is repeatedly broken into by a faceless man. Meanwhile, Joe feels threatened by a young colleague at work.

My Thoughts:
This is a good, strong episode. This is one of the cases I was more interested in the actual storyline more then the "family issues" they had for a side-story. I also enjoyed seeing Molly Ringwald in this episode.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

21. Death Takes A Policy
While investigating the accidental death of a doctor, the Angel of Death begins appearing to Allison, who then becomes concerned about her own mortality.

My Thoughts:
Another good, strong episode... even if a little on the silly side at times. This one we have Kelsey Grammer guest starring.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

22. Twice Upon A Time
A murder trial has a strange effect on Allison. She dreams of a life without Joe and the girls, working as a powerful attorney and married to her childhood sweetheart.

My Thoughts:
While it is a good episode. I felt it was a bit on the weak side for a season finale. It was interesting to see how much things would have been different if Alison didn't take the path that she did.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Over-all Season 2 Thoughts:
This is definitely still a great series... though this season did have some slightly lower rated episodes in my opinion... I think it still balanced out to be just as good as the first season. Like the first set, this set has some nice bonus features. I especially enjoyed the Gag Reel (You can really tell they have a lot of fun on the set!) and Q & A with the Cast & Creative Team.

Over-All Season 2 Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 07:19:43 PM »

Medium: The Third Season
In the hit "unreality show" starring Patricia Arquette, Allison Dubois is a woman haunted by dreams who helps District Attorney Manuel Devalos (Miguel Sandoval) and detective Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt) by using her mind to uncover the dark secrets of vicious killers.

But this season, other forces threaten her husband Joe (Jake Weber) and oldest daughters Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) and Bridgette (Maria Lark). But how can she refuse to listen to the dead when they call out to her in her dreams?

Experience all the drama and psychic energy in this 6-disc set, which includes all 21 episodes of 'Medium: The Third Season'!

Season 3 Disc 1:

1. FOUR DREAMS
As Allison and her daughter Bridgette start having different dreams about the same murder, The ghost of Allison's old boyfriend appears. Bridgette's dreams now make sense to Allison, as does her old boyfriend's ghost. And Devalos's health and Scanlon's love life both suffer

My Thoughts:
This is an enjoyable episode, but I was expecting a little more. I think this is a problem that I need to get myself over. I always hold the season premiere and the season finale episodes to a higher standard then I do the rest of the season. I don't know why... but it is a habit I got myself into. I did like how Alison's middle daughter was getting dreams from the crime her mother was investigating... only her dreams were done in cartoons. I thought that was pretty cute.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

2. BE KIND, REWIND
Allison keeps living the same day repeatedly through her dreams, but each time finds important clues concerning a looming hostage situation at a restaurant.

My Thoughts:
This was fun to watch... it is like the movie Groundhog Day only Medium style!  I enjoyed this one a bit more then the previous one. I especially liked the hard time she had with her oldest daughter worrying about the bully at school.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

3. BLOOD RELATION
While trying to save a victim from her nemesis, the murderous Dr. Walker from the past, Allison discovers how his killings started.

My Thoughts:
Oh yes... the serial killing ghost is back. These are always good episodes. In this one he is able to possess someone and actually physically attack Alison. A very enjoyable episode. I have seen this episode twice before... and I was still glued to the set watching this episode!

This is for you Jon!   :P
My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 12:10:01 AM »
Season 3 Disc 2:

4. GHOST IN THE MACHINE
After Allison gets Joe a camcorder for his birthday, her excitement turns to dread when she starts seeing disturbing images through it connected to a murder case.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. I enjoyed both the story of the crime as well as the home life storyline. I also liked the way they did the whole idea of inanimate objects getting imprinted with info from the previous owner. I wouldn't say it is an original idea... actually far from it... but definitely interesting.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

5. PROFILES IN TERROR
A famous FBI profiler everyone idolizes is challenged by Allison. And Joe worries when his youngest daughter Marie starts staring at the static on TV.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not great. The storyline was good... but for some reason I just didn't like the character of the FBI Profiler. So much so that it took away from the episode for me a little.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

6. MOTHER'S LITTLE HELPER
Allison and Ariel dream about the double murder of a mother and daughter - Allison from the mother's point of view, and Ariel from her daughter's.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode. I enjoyed every minute of it. I liked how they had Ariel getting half the information and Alison getting the other half. I also really liked the homage they did to the movie Carrie. This one ranks up there as one of my favorites!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

7. THE WHOLE TRUTH
The death of an assemblyman has Allison perplexed, but she suspects it's connected to a boy who fell into a massive hole, and who can't get out.

My Thoughts:
This one...while it is a decent episode... it should have been much better. I think the main problem I had with this one is that it felt like they got a bit on the lazy side. It seemed like to me they went with the obvious conclusion. No surprises in this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 12:13:34 AM »
3. BLOOD RELATION
While trying to save a victim from her nemesis, the murderous Dr. Walker from the past, Allison discovers how his killings started.

My Thoughts:
Oh yes... the serial killing ghost is back. These are always good episodes. In this one he is able to possess someone and actually physically attack Alison. A very enjoyable episode. I have seen this episode twice before... and I was still glued to the set watching this episode!

This is for you Jon!   :P
My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

:o

Whoa!  :thundergod:

Pete just popped his 5-star cherry! :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 12:20:06 AM »
 :hysterical:

And I went back for seconds!....

Season 3 Disc 2:

6. MOTHER'S LITTLE HELPER
Allison and Ariel dream about the double murder of a mother and daughter - Allison from the mother's point of view, and Ariel from her daughter's.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode. I enjoyed every minute of it. I liked how they had Ariel getting half the information and Alison getting the other half. I also really liked the homage they did to the movie Carrie. This one ranks up there as one of my favorites!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

:laugh:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 12:40:42 AM »
The first one is always the hardest...  :devil: Now you're going to start throwing them around like sweets!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 12:50:26 AM »
LOL... maybe... we will have to see. But the question is... will I be able to apply them to movies yet?  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2008, 03:43:34 AM »
Season 3 Disc 3:

8. BETTER OFF DEAD
A ghost is glad that he was killed, since he got to leave insurance money to the pretty neighbor he was in love with. But Allison sees a different scenario.

My Thought:
This is a good episode that is played more in a fun way. One that I enjoyed quite a bit. It gave me a few chuckles while watching it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

9. VERY MERRY MAGGIE
Allison has disturbing visions about a father abusing his young son, who owns a talking doll that delivers sinister messages.

My Thoughts:
A decent episode... but not what I would call great. It is hard to explain. I would say more interesting then entertaining.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

10. APOCALYPSE, PUSH
Captain Push returns when he experiences visions about a murder in Phoenix. And Joe tells a little white lie to Bridgette...and later regrets it.

My Thoughts:
This was good... one of my favorite recurring characters (usually once per season) comes back. Captain Push from the Texas Rangers... the character from the pilot episode. I always enjoy the episodes with him in it. But of all of them... this is my least favorite. But still a really good episode.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

11. THE ONE BEHIND THE WHEEL
With Valentine's Day looming, Joe asks Scanlon for help when a mysterious woman named Sandra takes possession of Allison's body.

My Thoughts:
This is something that I don't see all that often... a Valentine's Day episode. At least not like you see Christmas and Halloween episodes. This one is a good strong episode. I think Patricia Arquette did a great job of playing her role as 2 different characters. Though I will say I didn't care for the other character she did... of course I believe that was the purpose anyway.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 01:43:26 AM »
Season 3 Disc 4:

12. SECOND OPINION
Allison has a dream that in the future Marie dies of leukemia, so she's determined to keep her youngest daughter safe at all costs.

My Thoughts:
This is an EXCELLENT episode! Definitely one of my favorite episodes. Obviously in this episode the "Family Issues" is the main storyline this time around. This is another episode I watched at least 3 times now... and I was still glued to my seat watching it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

13. WE HAD A DREAM
Allison predicts a plane crash before it occurs. And it just happens to help a psychic escape from prison...since he also predicted it!

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not what I would call a great one. But it is definitely enjoyable.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

14. THE BOY NEXT DOOR
A teenage Allison dreams of the future, where a boy who moved in next door grows up to be a predator the adult Allison encounters.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I liked a lot. I really enjoyed how this episode takes place in the past for most the episode... and how it tied together with the present time case Alison was working on.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

15. WHATEVER POSSESSED YOU
While Joe is hoping to head an important project at work, Allison has been having disturbing dreams about a young woman who appears to be possessed by demons.

My Thoughts:
This episode is alright... but not a favorite. It moves kinda slow.. and even the family life storyline was a bit on the slow and boring side.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 02:32:15 PM »
Season 3 Disc 5:

16. JOE DAY AFTERNOON
The dreadful feeling that Allison and Arel both experience comes true when Joe and his co-workers are held at gunpoint by a disgruntled ex-employee.

My Thoughts:
This is a really good episode. In this episode is the beginning of Joe's entire life changing.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5:

17. 1-900-LUCKY
A wealthy woman, who uses Allison's irresponsible brother Michael as a phone psychic, flies him to Phoenix to help solve her husband's murder.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode... and good to see Allison's brother in another episode.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5:

18. NO ONE TO WATCH OVER ME
As Joe grows more distant since the hostage crisis, Allison dreams of a blizzard, a clue to a young girl left to die in a freezer.

My Thoughts:
A decent episode. but I definitely seen better. I just couldn't get interested in the crime story this time around. Though I do believe this episode was supposed to be more about the family life aspect of the show more then anything else.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5:

Pete