Author Topic: Alphabet Marathon - Discussion Thread  (Read 34033 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Alphabet Marathon - Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2007, 11:12:41 PM »
I was afraid it had something to do with Jon wearing his long raincoat again! :devil:

Najemikon

« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2007, 11:17:30 PM »
I was afraid it had something to do with Jon wearing his long raincoat again! :devil:

Long coats are for amateurs...  :devil:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2007, 08:39:11 AM »
Firstly congratulations, medal is in the post  ;)
:thanks:

Secondly, that will be breaking the rules!! ::) ::) I checked on the US Copyright Office and it definately says you cannot start the November reverse alphabet marathon until November 1st  ::) ::)
But that would mean that everything I :tv: over the next 5 days will "go wasted"  :'(

I acknowledge though that the thread is called "Reverse Alphabet marathon - November"... :hmmmm: November has one day less than October, I am not going be home for 5 days plus there is one more movie to watch than last time. :hmmmm: :hmmmm: I think I'll go with the encouragement by the others and make the November marathon form Oct. 26 - Nov. 24 (still just 30 days). :whistle:

PS if you are still visiting Invelos forums, you'll understand this  :tease:
Sadly enough I still do. I currently don't post in any of those threads though, as there is a ::) user ::) that doesn't seem worth responding to at this time (:talktomyhand:) and just agreeing with everyone else seems rather pointless.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2007, 11:22:42 PM »
Finally finished my alphabeth marathon  :)

RossRoy

« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2007, 01:22:26 AM »
Just completed my marathon.  :egyptian:

Just in time for hockey  :tv:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2007, 03:15:34 AM »
Just completed my marathon.  :egyptian:
Just in time for hockey  :tv:

Congratulations! :cheers: I'm really behind in my marathon. :bag:

Who is your favorite team?

RossRoy

« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2007, 04:12:26 AM »
Who is your favorite team?

I'm a frenchman from Quebec, who do you think?  ;)

One of the most decorated team in professional sports (although you wouldn't know, judging by the past 10 years) that is just about to celebrate its 100th year of existence, and was part of the original 6: The Habs.. Otherwise known as the Montreal Canadiens.

Go Habs go!

And they just won against Pittsburgh tonight, great goal by Markov in the shootout!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2007, 11:41:24 AM »
Go Habs go!
And they just won against Pittsburgh tonight, great goal by Markov in the shootout!

Let's Go Buffalo!
And they just won against Tampa Bay tonight, great goal by Vanek in overtime!

(click to show/hide)

lyonsden5

« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2007, 01:50:32 PM »
Just got back from being out of town for a week. I'll be pretty tied up this week too. Looks to me like I have no chance of finishing.  :bag:

To put things into perspective a bit I typically watch around 5 movies a month is all  :-[ (my wife watches most of what I buy). This month I watched 13 (although a couple of them were while working). Not bad for me.

We'll see if I can do better on the next one... which starts in 3 days  :-\

Najemikon

« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2007, 01:03:17 AM »
I just wheezed and farted my way across the line! Never watched that many in one month and I almost missed fitting U for The Usual Suspects in. Glad I did it though. I wouldn't have got around to a few of those for a while yet.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2007, 02:00:37 AM »
I'm afraid I won't finish this marathon. :bag: I've just finished my 13th DVD last night. My brother got me Kolchak: The Night Stalker which I remember loving in the 1970's. I'm afraid it wasn't quite as good as I remember; I rated it as 7/10.

lyonsden5

« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2007, 12:16:28 PM »
I'm afraid I won't finish this marathon. :bag:

Right there with ya.

I did watch more than I usually do in one month so that's a good thing. I'm hopeful I'll finish the next one but my wife is having surgery next week and we're moving December 1st  :-\ Spare time is not going to happen this month.  :laugh: I'll be watching most of mine while working (so what else is new  :slaphead:)

Najemikon

« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
I'm afraid I won't finish this marathon. :bag:

Right there with ya.

I did watch more than I usually do in one month so that's a good thing. I'm hopeful I'll finish the next one but my wife is having surgery next week and we're moving December 1st  :-\ Spare time is not going to happen this month.  :laugh: I'll be watching most of mine while working (so what else is new  :slaphead:)

Well you should have more time to watch DVDs. While your wife is recuperating she won't be able to yell at you to turn off the damn TV and pack some f***ing boxes, you useless lump!  :laugh:

Seriously, I hope it all goes well. Sounds like stress will feature high over the next few weeks...