Author Topic: Alphabet Marathon - Discussion Thread  (Read 34168 times)

Sanuye

Re: Alphabet Marathon - Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »
 :drooling: :bow:

Najemikon

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2007, 12:52:09 AM »
I never said you could post my photo!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2007, 01:08:26 AM »
I never said you could post my photo!
:hysterical:
Where's the rest of the photo?!? :drooling:

Najemikon

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2007, 01:14:37 AM »
Give me 10000000 points and I'll send it you. Happy clicking! :tease:

Najemikon

« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2007, 01:14:46 AM »
Oh dear, my attempt is unravelling! I missed Monday night and tonight, I watched Oldboy. I'd already done a sodding 'O'!  :suicide:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2007, 01:46:59 AM »
Oh dear, my attempt is unravelling! I missed Monday night and tonight, I watched Oldboy. I'd already done a sodding 'O'!  :suicide:

Oh but it's such a good movie. Do you have the 3-Disc Collector's Edition? I wonder if I should double dip and order this one.

richierich

« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2007, 10:39:33 AM »
Well I'm on my last couple of leters I and X, so think Halo2 will complete his marathon first.

Started 'The Invisible' last night, but fell asleep on couch  :-[

Then the last one, a re-watch of Series 4 of X-Files which will take a few days to go through.

How is everyone else doing on their marathon? Still 14 days to go :)

RossRoy

« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »
I still have 13 titles to watch, so I'm behind what I was planning. But, I have 1 more days than I have movies to watch left, so it should be ok ;)

Halo2

« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2007, 05:05:45 PM »
@richierich - I wasn't trying to be the first to complete, I expected others to finish before me. I prefer to enjoy the movie I'm watching rather than rushing through it just to complete it. The wife has been out of town a lot attending trade shows (should be winding down the middle of November and we'll get to spend more time together) and it has been slow at work for me. Things just worked out that I was able to keep up a steady pace of DVD watching.

lyonsden5

« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »
15 watched so far.  Should be able to finish. 

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2007, 06:49:02 PM »
8 to go for me.

RossRoy

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2007, 06:26:04 AM »
Just finished watching Rocky Balboa. I was pleasantly surprised! Considering it's the sixth on the series, and the time between this and the previous ones, I didn't think Sly would be up to it. Well, not only is he up to it, it's actually a great movie!

That puts me at 15 watched, with 12 to go.

And I've decided to change my T movie, instead of TMNT, I'm going to watch Transformers!  ;D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »
I still have 7 to watch at this point.

Since there's still 13 days to go (although I won't watch anything today) I surprise my self that I seem to be able to finish this. Well, there's been a couple of days off from work this month, which helped tremendously. November will be more difficult; but I stayed away from Masters of Horror episodes this month keeping them for November, which might improve my chances then.

Najemikon

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2007, 03:02:16 PM »
Hey, Kathy! Are you still doing this? Your list hasn't been updated in ages. C'mon slacker!  :tease:

Last night I watched Y for Yojimbo. Marvellous film, and the inspiration for A Fistful of Dollars. I also think it may have been an inspiration for the Hot Fuzz theme. Just a short section; as Angel returns to the village and it all kicks off, there's a brief passage of music that could easily have been written by someone who had just been watching Yojimbo. Anyone else seen both of these and can offer an opinion?  :headscratch:

Touti

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2007, 03:26:40 PM »
I'm officially withdrawing from the competition.  I may have the time to watch one more but definitely 6 in less than 2 days.

I really enjoyed this marathon, it forced me to watch many movies I've had sitting in my collection for a long time and never watched.  I hope with can do this again but not with the alphabet please, 26 movies in a month is just too much.

Can someone explain what's the big fuss about "Taxi Driver"? I mean I liked the movie but there's nothing so extraordinary about it :headscratch: