Author Topic: Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon  (Read 135427 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2007, 06:43:35 PM »

Title: Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
Movie Count: 62
TV Ep Count: 17
Time Started: 10:30am
Plot:
This smart and suspenseful thriller scares up a bone-chilling good time with original scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis ('True Lies', 'Halloween I & II') and a hot cast of hip young stars! Now the headmistress of a private school, Laurie Strode (Curtis) is still struggling with the horrifying, 20-year-old memories of the maniacal killer Michael Myers...when he suddenly reappears with a vengeance! And this Halloween, his terror will strike a whole new generation! Laurie's rebellious son (Josh Hartnett - 'The Faculty'), his girlfriend (Michelle Williams - TV's 'Dawson's Creek'), and the school security guard (LL Cool J - 'Woo', 'B.A.P.S.') will become Michael's newest victims unless Laurie can conquer her greatest fears and put evil in its place once and for all! The time has come again for you to experience the frightening fun of 'Halloween' - the motion picture series that totally redefined terror!

My Thoughts:
I just didn't get enough of Michael Myers yet... so I went on to the next one in my collection. I liked this one a lot... is cool how it has a scene with both Jamie Lee Curtis and her mother Janet Leigh (Psycho) in it. I thought the ending on this movie was done well.... of course it makes you think that it is the end of Michael Myers... and the series of movies... but then soon after we learn better when Halloween Resurrection comes out.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2007, 08:06:27 PM »

Title: Halloween: Resurrection
Movie Count: 63
Time Started: 12pm
Plot:
Original Halloween star Jamie Lee Curtis ('Halloween: H2O', 'True Lies') is back and joined by Busta Rhymes ('Shaft') and Tyra Banks ('Coyote Ugly') in the terrifying 'Halloween: Resurrection' - the latest in this electrifying horror film series! The reality programmers at DangerTainment (Rhymes, Banks) have selected Rudy (Sean Patrick Thomas - 'Save the Last Dance'), Bill (Thomas Ian Nicholas - 'American Pie 1 & 2') and a group of thrill-seeking teenagers to spend one fun-filled night in the childhood home of serial killer Michael Myers. But the planned live broadcast turns deadly when their evening of excitement becomes a night of horror as Michael himself decides to crash the party!

My Thoughts:
Well... I figure since I went as far as the other 2 today I may as well finish them off. The first thing I must say on this one... is I hate the explanation to the end of the last movie. Of course they left their selves limited on what to do after the  way they ended the last one... so I guess I can't be too disappointed in it. But I must say I did like  how Laurie Strode kept hidden away for 3 years... by acting so out of her mind she is kept in a secure asylum.... but not really out of her mind and the whole time planning and preparing for Michaels next return... that she knew would be coming. Another thing I liked about this one was how they did the whole Reality Show via the Internet... thought that was a creative storyline for the movie. Over-all... the movie was a lot of fun... I enjoyed every minute of it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2007, 01:12:22 AM »

Title: The Hamiltons
Movie Count: 64
Time Started: 5pm
Plot:
 The Hamiltons seem to be the picture-perfect American family. They are hardworking community members; giving to their local charities, attending town hall meetings and always respectful of their neighbors...except for the fact that they usually end up killing them.

My Thoughts:
This movie I am less then pleased with... it was a below average movie in my opinion... not so bad that I will never watch it again... but bad enough that it won't be watched very often. The thing about this one is it is not only very slow... but if it wasn't for a brief nude scene and a couple quick gore scenes I would have sworn I was watching an edited for TV version of the m654ovie. Seemed like for most the movie as soon as it was going to get good it cut away from the action to a new scene. I won't say here what the final twist was... but I will say it didn't feel right... that I didn't feel like it fit with the rest of the movie... so that didn't help either.

Woohoo!... and I have made it to my goal... with 11 more days to spare! So how many horror movies will I get to watch this year? I must keep going!
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2007, 02:27:19 AM »
Woohoo!
Where's the dancing banana? :laugh:
Congratulations! :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2007, 02:30:16 AM »
Well done you compulsive obsessive maniac!  ;) :clap:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2007, 02:31:50 AM »
LOL... a little to tired for dancing tonight Kathy! thanks! :)

LMAO... Thanks Jon! :)

But hey... still a nice chunk of October left... so I am not done yet! LOL :)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2007, 06:21:55 AM »
Congrats, Pete, for being so far ahead of yourself!

Of course now, breaking the record you'll set this month will be all the harder to beat next time :devil:

is cool how it has a scene with both Jamie Lee Curtis and her mother Janet Leigh (Psycho) in it.
Didn't they previously appear together in John Carpenter's "The Fog"? Not sure right now though, if they had a scene together in that one.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2007, 11:31:47 AM »
Thanks Achim...
LOL... I will be amazed if I am able to beat this years record next year... but I am sure I will give it my all!
Been a long time since I watched The Fog... will have to make sure I watch that one before the month is over. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2007, 06:54:44 PM »

Title: Supernatural: In My Time of Dying
TV Ep Count: 18
Time Started: 10:30am
Plot:
In the aftermath of the car crash, the surviving Winchesters go to the hospital, where one is stalked by a Reaper while another must consider sacrificing himself to save the others.

My Thoughts:
The first episode of the second season... This is one of my favorite shows! This episode was a great continuation of last season's finale.

Title: Supernatural: Everybody Loves a Clown
TV Ep Count: 19
Time Started: 11:30am
Plot:
After the events at the hospital, the brothers have no idea where the demon that killed their mother is hiding. While biding their time trying to come up with an idea, they investigate murders committed by a killer clown.

My Thoughts:
Another really good episode. It always got me how they can make something as fun as a clown be something scary to some people. They never bothered me... but I did have a friend that was terrified of clowns.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2007, 08:03:41 PM »
Another really good episode. It always got me how they can make something as fun as a clown be something scary to some people. They never bothered me... but I did have a friend that was terrified of clowns.
I always loved that scene in Poltergeist...

BTW, wasn't there a rumor last year they would bring out a new box for the Poltergeist films...? Was the recent release of the first film all that happened to it?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2007, 10:03:37 PM »
I haven't heard anything about a Poltergeist boxset... but would love to see one come out... would love to upgrade from the dvds I have now.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2007, 10:05:34 PM »

Title: Candyman
Movie Count: 65
Time Started: 2pm
Plot:
 A children's ghost story comes to terrifying life in this gut-wrenching thriller about a graduate student whose research into modern folklore summons the spirit of the dead. Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen) scoffs at superstition. But when she hears about 'Candyman' (Tony Todd), a slave spirit with a hook hand said to haunt a notorious housing project, she has a new twist for her thesis. To prove 'Candyman' doesn't exist, Helen heads to the site of a brutal murder to call for him by saying his name five times. To her horror, he appears, igniting a string of gruesome slayings. But the police don't believe in monsters, and Helen is charged with the grisly crimes. Only one person can set her free: 'Candyman'.

My Thoughts:
This one I liked... though it is not quite as good as I remember it being. I mostly ordered this one because I am a fan of Tony Todd... and he did a great job in this movie. Even though it is not quite as good as I remembered don't mean it isn't a good movie... I thought it was real good... well above average.... but not great. I last watched this movie back in my early 20's.... and I guess remembering back to then it possibly didn't hold up as well as it could have. Still well worth the low price I got it for.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2007, 12:19:16 AM »

Title: Thir13en Ghosts
Movie Count: 66
Time Started: 4:30pm
Plot:
What a house! It's all steel and glass and elegance - and it all belongs to Arthur Kriticos and his family as an unexpected inheritance. You could say it's their dream home. Especially if the dreams are nightmares.

Awesome ectoplasmic specters populate THIRTEEN GHOSTS, an effects-rampant remake of the 1960 William Castle haunted-house film from producers Gilbert Adler, Joel Silver and Robert Zemeckis, who conjured up the equally terrorific HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (1999). Tony Shalhoub as Arthur leads a cast that includes Embeth Davidtz, Matthew Lillard, Shannon Elizabeth, Rah Digga and F. Murray Abraham. The house itself is a design marvel and a mysterious puzzle-cube whose eerie corridors, sliding walls, spinning floors and phantasmic fiends may allow no escape.

My Thoughts:
This is a remake that I enjoyed... though it is so much different from the original... I personally barely see it as a remake. It is pretty cool seeing Tony Shalhoub in a role other then on Monk (or his earlier role on Wings). I thought they really did a good job on the 12 ghosts that were trapped in the house. This one has a nice amount of gore... especially for a ghost movie. So fair warning to those of you that don't like gore.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »

Title: Fright Night
Movie Count: 67
Time Started: 7:30am
Plot:
Meet Jerry Dandridge. He's sweet, sexy, and he likes to sleep in late. You might think he's the perfect neighbor. But before inviting Jerry in for a nightcap, there's just one thing you should know. Jerry prefers his drinks warm, red -- and straight from the jugular! It's FRIGHT NIGHT, a horrific howl starring Chris Sarandon as the seductive vampire and William Ragsdale as the frantic teenager struggling to keep Jerry's deadly fangs out of his neck. Only 17-year-old Charley Brewster (Ragsdale) knows Jerry's bloodcurdling secret. When Charley can't get anybody to believe him, he turns to TV horror host Peter Vincent (Roddy McDowall), who used to be the "Great Vampire Killer" of the movies. Can these mortals save Charley and his sweetheart Amy (Amanda Bearse) from the wrathful bloodsucker's toothy embrace? If you love being scared, FRIGHT NIGHT will give you the nightmare of your life!

My Thoughts:
I had to watch this one... it is one of the Vampire movies I like a lot. No it is not the scariest Vampire movie out there... but for some reason I think it is a lot of fun... and for some reason I never tire of it. Of course the fact that Roddy McDowall is in it is a help. Also Amanda Bearse (the neighbor in Married... With Children) is in it as well... looking rather young which is surprising since the movie is only 2 years older then the series is. As many know... I am a huge vampire fan.. and I think Chris Sarandon did a good job at bringing the classic idea of the vampire to this movie. but at the same time thought Stephen Geoffreys (Evil Ed) did a great job for a fun vampire that gave us a few laughs. But I must admit... I have always been disappointed in Amanda Bearse's look as a vampire... first I didn't care for her with that long red wig on... then I despised the look of the "Monster" version of her Vampire. Oh well... the way I see it is if that is all I have to complain about... then so what... I will enjoy this movie for years to come.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 03:30:56 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2007, 07:21:10 PM »

Title: Interview with a Vampire
Movie Count: 68
Time Started: 11am
Plot:
The undead are among us and livelier than ever when Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and a talented froup of young-bloods star in 'Interview with the Vampire', the spellbinding screen adaptation of Anne Rice's best seller that's "one of the best films of the year"(Caryn James, 'The New York Times'). Award winning box-office favorite Cruise stylishly plays the supremely evil and charismatic vampire Lestat. Pitt is Louis, lured by Lestat into the inmortality of the dammed, then tormented by an unalterable fact of vampire life: to survive, he must kill. Stephanie Rea, Antonio Banderas, Christian Slater and newcomer Kristin Dunst also star. One lifetime alone offers plenty of opportunities for the savage revelries of the night. Imagine what an eternity can bring. Hypnotically directed by Neil Jordan ('The Crying Game'), 'Interview with a Vampire' offers enough thrills, shocks and fiendish fun to last a lifetime...and beyond.

My Thoughts:
It has been years since I saw this one... so long in fact that I forgot how much I did enjoy this movie. I personally find this one more interesting then I do horrific. It gives you a view into vampirism from the vampire's point of view. A very interesting take indeed. I enjoyed every minute of it.. the 2 hours it lasted just flew by as I watched... definitely a sign of a good movie.
Pete