Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 20982 times)

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dexter
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »
The new season is very very good.  Lot of energy back in it
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2013, 05:51:49 AM »
One of my friends watched season 7 as it aired last year.  There were some things that happened that he didn't care for.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 06:35:05 AM »
season 7 got better again.
I was afraid you were going to say that...   :-\
:laugh:

:-\ Me too.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 12:05:37 AM »
Well... that is it. I just finished the final episode. I wouldn't go as far as saying I hated how they ended it... but I am not really thrilled with it either. I will say I hated how they ended the storyline for Debra... I always like that character. As for how they ended the storyline for Dexter himself... it is one of the solutions I saw coming.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2013, 03:34:21 AM »
I haven't seen the last episode, but I did end up reading something that went over what happened.  I...well.  I don't know what to think of it.  On one hand, some of it at least makes sense, but it sort of..well..sucks at the same time. 

I don't like what was done for Debra's storyline.  That really sucks, though I'm not exactly surprised either.  If that makes sense.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2013, 07:23:45 AM »
Hmmm, maybe I should ignore all intermediate seasons (I own 1-4) and only buy the last one once it comes out :hmmmm:

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
Well... that is it. I just finished the final episode.
So season 8 is the last season? I didn't realize the show was cancelled. I just started watching S6 on blu. Guess that means I'll be getting S7, and eventually S8, to see what the conclusion is. Or should I just skip S7?  :-\

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »
Yeah... the series ended. I personally enjoyed all the seasons. Of course there was some better then others... but that is true of every series.
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2015, 05:41:01 PM »
For some reason I put Season 6 on the back burner after just an episode or two, so when I went back to it now after more than a year I started it from scratch again. I liked it, except for one thing.
(click to show/hide)
Now how the feck did that work?

But since you said Season 7 is better, I guess I'll get that now.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »
But since you said Season 7 is better, I guess I'll get that now.

I watched season 7 only because Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) was in it but didn't get to the end because other stuff got in the way. So when the last season came out I decided to wait until it's over and watch it all together.

But then I learned about the actual ending and decided not to bother with that show anymore.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2015, 06:26:33 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Now how the feck did that work?
Thanks to accidentally reading the beginning of the spoiler (not your fault whatsoever), I know the spoiled thing right away. Well, at least this way I could pay attention if things would hold up and make sense "on second viewing" and for the most part they did. Unfortunately I forgot about the one instance you describe in your spoiler :bag:, so I cannot comment right now.
(click to show/hide)

I watched season 7 only because Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) was in it but didn't get to the end because other stuff got in the way. So when the last season came out I decided to wait until it's over and watch it all together.

But then I learned about the actual ending and decided not to bother with that show anymore.
Many places mention that the ending of Dexter was rather terrible. I just finished season 7 and am no facing the final season; I'll watch it and already prepared myself for the worst.

As for season 7, I think there is no harm that you never finished it. It's not really very good. I always got excited when something potentially good happened
(click to show/hide)
but but almost every time they did not go in the direction I anticipated (which should be a good thing) and I almost never liked what they did.

The whole season was not very focused. I think they were trying to get away from the standard formula, that there is some sort of nemesis who is then dispatched in episode 12, but they did not quite pull that off. Instead they went all over the place, especially during the second part of the season. Again, I am prepared for the worst going into season 8 now...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »
I am now 4 episodes (of 12) into the final season :yucky:

Seasons 6 and 7 were "o.k.", although already not that must-see TV that the earlier seasons had been. How they could link this low so quickly boggles the mind. The characters are extremely annoying now and the actors seem not to care anymore either (most of all the lead Michael C. Hall). All main story lines are, so far, more worthy of a soap drama than prime time TV. Charlotte Rampling is doing her best to keep me interested, but since she is not given better material it remains hard... Well, I have only 8 more episodes to go :yawn:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2015, 05:33:37 AM »
I am now 4 episodes (of 12) into the final season :yucky:

Well, that didn't get any better. In fact, it got worse!

I don't want to get into details. But as an ending for a series that went for 8 seasons this is really rather pathetic. Not only was it terrible just how they wrapped up some of those story lines, but the characters also behaved rather inconsistent and just generally stupid throughout.

Gonna mention a few things I absolutely hated:
(click to show/hide)

I always wondered what the fuzz was about and, sadly, now I know and understand.

Dexter is a great series for four seasons, a good one of the fifth and then simply does a nose dive. I think where they went wrong was a) not to stop after season four or five and b) try to make Dexter more human (and then just reverse that in the last few minutes of the show :slaphead:).