Author Topic: Caroline in the City Marathon  (Read 8784 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Caroline in the City Marathon
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 08:39:28 PM »
I've submited many adult profile in the database (when I was contributing) and none of them got a single vote. But, those DVD continue to be release every weeks  :laugh:

So you think people are just too embarrassed to admit owning this set by not voting for it  :P

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
I've tried to check the sales rank at Amazon, but the search fonction doesn't seem to work right now. But this is the result for the canadian branch :

Amazon.ca Sales Rank: #9,658 in DVD

no idea if this good sales or not (it would be better with the unit sold  ::)). But even if the sales are poor the serie is not necessary dead. Dynasty is a perfect exemple of a serie with a poor sales first season and the next one was released by a different label.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 09:27:08 PM »
On the other hand I have a few examples in my collection, where the series was not continued. Dharma & Greg for example.
I even have a series in my collection, which did get another chance by another label a few years later. "Once & Again": First season was released in 2002 and then nothing. In 2005 another label re-released season 1 and already had dates for season 2 and 3. Only season 2 made the release but the third and final season hasn't been released to date :(
Even though this final season would now have star power behind it, because Mischa Barton was a regular guest star that season.