Author Topic: Game Rules  (Read 3059 times)

Touti

Game Rules
« on: August 02, 2007, 11:31:25 PM »
I think it's time we put the rules for each type of games in a single place.  We can discuss them in this thread and I will change this post accordingly.

GENERAL RULES
No player can play twice in a row in any of the games.  Once you've played you must wait for at least one other person to play before playing again.

You may comment and/or chat within the game threads as long as it doesn't become difficult to differentiate the game from the chat.  Chats will be on a "No smileys barred" basis and could therefore get nasty so consider yourself warned  :tease:

The Survival Games
1: The creator of a game will provide a list of items (Titles, Names or anything else) that have a common theme.
2: Each item will begin with 10 points.
3: Players must add 2 points to an item and either take 2 points from 1 item or take 1 points each from 2 items.
4: In each a reply, the player must copy the list from the peivious post (Copy & Paste, no quotes please), change the number of points for the item he/she votes, put them in bold and list his votes at the bottom of the thread.
5: Whenever an item from the list drops below 4 points, the next player will remove them from the list.
6: When there is only 5 items left, they will be put into a poll for 5 days which will determine the winner.

The five sentences games
1: The creator of a game will start with two words.
2: Every player will copy & paste the line into the next post and add two words to it.
3: A player can put a period after his/her two words to end a sentence and force the next player to start a new one.
4: When 5 complete sentences are written the game ends.

The "Read My Mind" movie games
1.The object of the game is for you to guess the film title (subsequently, it can be an actor or director's name, a genre, just about anything).
2. In order to guess the film title, you will have to ask a total of 20 questions or less. The questions can be anything you can think of in order to guess the title. You can take a chance to guess the title at any time, but be aware that an incorrect guess will count as a question.
3. If 20 questions have passed and none of you have any idea of the film title, you will be given 3 hints.
4. If those 3 hints pass and yet none of you have guessed the film title, the answer will be revealed, I will come up with a new film title and the game will begin again.
5. If any of you is able to guess the film title before the 20 questions or 3 hints, that poster will have to come up with a new film title or variant (see Rule No. 1) and the game will start again.

The one on one "Read my Mind" movie variant
Same as above except that everyone can has his/her own 20 questions.  The more player, the more hints.  The idea is to allow a person to keep play and keep a "Read my mind" game rolling when the forum is move quiet.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:43:38 PM by Touti »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Game Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:32:33 PM »
 :ok:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Game Rules
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:39:59 PM »
Did the "The Person Below Me" thread get locked accidentally? Or did you not want to hear the answer about cheesy movies?