Author Topic: Horror Mansion Survival Game  (Read 62364 times)

SailorRipley

Horror Mansion Survival Game
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:34:56 PM »
Welcome to the horrifying Horror Mansion Survival Game.

:readthis:This is a PM and Rules-intensive game, so please read carefully.:readthis:

You have been selected to explore the Horror Mansion. There is only one way out, so you will have to choose your path carefully. To stop you from getting out of the mansion alive, one of you will be selected as The Killer, and he/she will stop at nothing to kill you all before you can make it to safety.

• 1. The object of the game is to leave the mansion alive.
  • 2. First, all of you will receive a PM from me and you will have to answer it if you want to play.
  • 3. If for some reason you think you will be too busy to play or you will be going out for the next few days, please confirm you will not be able to play.
  • 4. After all of you have been confirmed to play, I will choose a Killer and then I will post who are the characters in the game, then we will begin.
  • 5. If for some reason I forget to add some of you, and you want to play, you may join in at any time by sending me a PM indicating you want in.
  • 6. I will choose at random one of you to play The Killer. The Killer is ONLY allowed to contact me by PM. He/she is not allowed to PM any of his victims.
  • 7. In order to survive the game you will have to choose a location in the mansion to hide and answer movie trivia questions to advance. In total there are 20 locations to hide. The first 3 are available at the beginning of the game, but you will have to unlock the remaining in order to make it out alive.
  • 8. Multiple persons can be at one same location.
  • 9. To advance through the locations, I will PM each of you indicating which are the available locations to you and you will PM back with the answer. The same goes for The Killer; he/she will choose a location ONLY when I PM him/her. The Killer has the advantage of moving first.
  • 10. The Killer is hiding at one of these locations. If you move to a location where The Killer is, you have a chance of fighting back. You will have to answer correctly a movie trivia question to escape The Killer.
  • 11. If you answer correctly, you will be given a key. With the key, you have the choice of advancing further through the house. If you answer incorrectly, the killer will come up with a bloody and perverse death of his/her choice for you and you no longer will be able to play.
  • 12. There is only ONE way out of the house. The only ones who know the way out are The Killer and me.
  • 13. The Killer can provide the trivia questions if he/she likes, but if he/she cannot think of one, I will come up with the question and I will PM the targeted victim with the question. NOTE: The killer CANNOT PM the victim with the question.
  • 14. If two or more people are in one same location where The Killer is, I will PM The Killer for him/her to choose the victim.
  • 15. If two or more people are in one same location where The Killer is, and The Killer is butchering one of you, the remaining people can choose to go back to any of the previous locations or choose to face The Killer.
  • 16. In the mansion, the last rooms are two. Only of ONE these has the door the get out of the mansion. The Killer does not have access to the last two rooms.
  • 17. The last two rooms are very tricky. If you access the room which does not hold the escape door, you will GO BACK to the beginning of the mansion.
  • 18. If you access the room with the way out, you will have to answer correctly 5 questions in order to escape. If you succeed, you will be alive and well and will win 10 points. If you answer wrong 3 or more questions, you will be forced to go back to a previous room, thus becoming a potential victim for The Killer. If you answer correctly 3 or more questions you will remain in the same room, until you get the 5 questions right. Remember that as long as you remain in the room with the way out, The Killer cannot touch you. The ONLY way to escape is to answer correctly the 5 questions.
  • 19. If the killer succeeds in killing all of you, he/she will win 10 points.
  • 20. If any of you survived the challenge, you will host the next round.
UPDATE - NEW RULE:
  • 21. To access some of the rooms, you will need a special key. There are two ways to obtain this key. One is to confront the Killer and respond correctly to a trivia question, the other is to FIND the hidden key. The key is hidden somewhere in ONE of the rooms. If you never go to the room with the key, the only way to get it is from The Killer. If you find a room that is locked, you will need to go back to find the key. If you find the key, you don't have to answer a question to advance.

IMPORTANT:
1. You can use this thread to make comments, but NOT to answer trivia questions. The only way to answer is by responding to the PMs I will send you.
2. I will use this thread to let everyone know what is happening in the game. ie, the current locations of each of you, the moves by the killer, who answered correctly, etc.
3. Try not IMDB'd the trivia questions. I will try for these questions to remain relatively easy or to pertain to popular movies.

THE LOCATIONS

First locations
The living room
The dining room
The basement

Second locations
The kitchen
Secret Stairs
The Library

Third locations
The Tunnel
The Studio
The Guest Room

Fourth locations
The Attic
Children's Room
The Bathroom

Fifth locations
The Main Bedroom
The Doll Room
The Game Room

Sixth Locations
The Graveyard
The Movie Room
The Underwater Cave

Seventh and Final Locations (Only one of these connects to the way out)
Mother's Room
Hannibal Lecter's Cell

I WILL POST HERE AGAIN WHEN I RECEIVE PM CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO PLAY
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:30:49 PM by SailorRipley »

Touti

Re: Horror Mansion Survival Game
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:44:28 PM »
That's gonna be a fun game.

Pssst: Your guest room picture doesn't work ;)

SailorRipley

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »
It doesn't? Funny, I can see it.

Horror Mansion Survival Game Update
Invitations have been sent. Awaiting confirmation from all the players.

So far:

Rick (Lyonsden5) has accepted the challenge.
Touti has accepted the challenge.
Sebastien (RossRoy) has accepted the challenge.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:32:27 PM by SailorRipley »

Touti

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 10:07:16 PM »
The guest room image problem was a firewall issue, I can see it now, no idea why only this one.

I added smileys appropriate for this game.

:chainsaw: :axed: :bash: :bat: :blackcat: :swordfight: :giljotiini: :hang: :rip: :burninacid:

SailorRipley

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 10:09:24 PM »
Bloody great smileys! :hysterical:

Touti

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 10:12:42 PM »
Question: Why are the locations in 7 groups? Is it important for the game ?

SailorRipley

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 10:29:24 PM »
The group locations are important because that way you can only advance one location at a time. For example, if you are on the First Group of locations, you cannot access, say, the rooms in Group 6.

They are grouped in batches of 3, so the Killer will be in one. If you choose any of the other two locations, you will be safe and you will be able to advance, but only one at a time and when you are given the option to do so.

I have incorporated a new rule. To access some of the rooms, you will need a special key. There are two ways to obtain this key. One is to confront the Killer and respond correctly to a trivia question, the other is to FIND the hidden key. The key is hidden somewhere in ONE of the rooms. If you never go to the room with the key, the only way to get it is from The Killer. If you find a room that is locked, you will need to go back to find the key. If you find the key, you don't have to answer a question to advance.

SailorRipley

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 10:35:06 PM »
To everybody:

Some of you are understandably confused by the rules, and although they might seem a little complicated, they are not so much. If you are feeling overwhelmed by these, do not worry at all. You will be given periodical instructions via PM, all you have to do is answer these PMs.  :)

Touti

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 11:00:35 PM »
The part I'm not getting is how do we move from one group of locations to another.

SailorRipley

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 11:11:08 PM »
Oh, alright.

When we begin the game you'll start in the Main Hall. From there you will receive a PM with the current locations you can access. Those will be:

The Living Room
The Dining Room
The Basement

You will answer the PM by choosing one of the three locations. I will then post your current status & location, along with the position of all the other players. The only person whose location will never be revealed is that of The Killer.

SailorRipley

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 11:16:44 PM »
Horror Mansion Survival Game Update

The following players have accepted the challenge:

Rick (Lyonsden5)
Touti
Sebastien (RossRoy)

----

Pete (Addicted2DVD), Kathy, Sanuye have declined but are eager to bear witness to the maiming & mutilation of the current players. ;)

DJ Doena, Najemikon, lovemunkey 187 and ya_shin, please check your PMs. We need your confirmation to begin the game.  :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:29:53 PM by SailorRipley »

Touti

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 11:47:23 PM »
Pete (Addicted2DVD), Kathy, Sanuye have declined but are eager to bear witness to the maiming & mutilation of the current players. ;)

We need a :chicken: smiley 

Gonna prepare for the game now :training:

lyonsden5

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 11:51:47 PM »
You preparing to move boxes?

This is how you prepare for this game  :swordfight:

:tease:

This one's to the death! (or "to the pain" for the "Princess Bride" fans  :laugh:)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 12:13:21 AM »
We need a :chicken: smiley 

:laugh: Not chicken, just rule phobic! Enjoy the murder and mayhem!

Najemikon

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 12:45:55 AM »
I just want to say, before we enter this thing, this is a great idea, Sailor. As host you're going to be busy holding it altogether. Thank you for that.  :clapcheer: