Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Sandra Bullock  (Read 6894 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Weekend Movie Marathon: Sandra Bullock
« on: August 23, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »
Weekend Movie Marathon
Sandra Bullock
I have been a fan of Sandra Bullock for a really long time.. I really have enjoyed her in pretty much everything I have seen her in so far... but surprisingly looking at my collection I really don't have that many of her movies yet. As of right now I have about a dozen of her movies... and if I am not mistaken... one of those she has a very small part in. This is a problem I really need to do something about. Anyway... it has been a while since I have done a marathon on her. So I thought it was about time to have one. Unfortunately my marathon was cut down to 2 days this weekend... but I will still try my best to watch as many as I can. So This weekend I watched...

Miss Congeniality
Legs waxed. Lips glossed. Gun ready. Special Agent Gracie Hart is going undercover as a hopeful eager to be the next Miss United States. But Gracie doesn't have a beauty-pageant bone in her body.

Sandra Bullock stars as an operative posing as a pageant contestant in order to ferret out a terrorist targeting the event. Michael Caine deliciously plays the frustrated consultant hired to turn Dirty Harriet into a poised beauty. And Benjamin Bratt, Candice Bergen, William Shatner and Ernie Hudson also score points for hilarity in this box-office smash. From big laughs to sly quips, 'Miss Congeniality' hits.

My Thoughts:
I believe I said it before... but I am going to say it again. I noticed this one gets a pretty bad rap on a lot of sites.. but I have always enjoyed it! After all this is the 3rd time I watched this movie just since upgrading to the Deluxe Edition DVD. God only knows how many times I watched the standard edition I had first. I find this movie to just be a lot of fun. There is several parts of this movie that I literally laughed out loud on. Sandra Bullock really has a great style in this movie. Shows that she can really hold her own when it comes to comedy.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Sandra Bullock
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
Sandra Bullock returns as Special Agent Gracie Hart in a funny, fabulous 'Miss Congeniality' follow up. This time, she's the bureau's new celebrity face, making the rounds of talk shows (her heroics at the Miss United States Beauty Pageant made her too famous for field work). She also has a new partner (Regina King), an agent with anger-management issues and a dim opinion of pampered Gracie. But when Gracie's friends (returning stars Heather Burns and William Shatner) are kidnapped, nothing can keep Special Agent GS13 out of the action. Look out world. The cover girl is going back undercover!

My Thoughts:
There is just no way I could watch the first one and not follow it with part 2. This one I don't feel was as good as the first one... but was definitely enjoyable. I liked the addition of Regina King... thought her character was a good addition since they changed Sandra Bullock's character so much. The Addition of Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) was a decent addition... though I do think I preferred Michael Caine's character from part 1.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:42:39 PM »

Murder by Numbers
"Sandra Bullock has never been more original or affecting" (Michael Sragow, 'Baltimore Sun') as Cassie Mayweather, a homicide detective confronting personal demons while following her instincts about real killers in a Jane Doe murder case. The clues point one way - but the chain of evidence is too perfect.

Police procedure melds with escalating tension in this suspense thriller directed by Barbet Schroeder ('Single White Female'), Ryan Gosling ('The Believer') and Michael Pitt ('Finding Forrester') chillingly play bored rich kids who plan and execute a perfect murder, then watch the police fall for every clue. They figure they've gotten away with it. What they don't figure right is Cassie Mayweather.

My Thoughts:
This was an excellent movie!...One of the best suspense thrillers I have seen in a long time. Sandra Bullock did a wonderful job as a detective being haunted by her past while working a murder investigation.... actually as did all the actors in this movie. I do wish there was some more extras on this release... but all and all a great DVD. I highly recommend this one!

Pete

Touti

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:02:37 AM »
Hmmmm, a Sandra Buttocks Marathon.......I could live with that  :drooling: although I hate that picture of her that you put in your first post.  Am I the only one to think she looks a bit like a monkey on this picture ?  Every time I see it I think it wouldn't have taken much make up if she had played in the Planet of the Apes.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 01:13:17 AM »
Hmmmm, a Sandra Buttocks Marathon.......I could live with that  :drooling: although I hate that picture of her that you put in your first post.  Am I the only one to think she looks a bit like a monkey on this picture ?  Every time I see it I think it wouldn't have taken much make up if she had played in the Planet of the Apes.
You are right. She looks like Helena Bonham Carter in Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes in this picture  :laugh:

Touti

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 01:22:34 AM »
It's the hair and the left ear........

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 02:51:58 AM »
Never really noticed... but then again... my eyes seldomly leaves her top when looking at that picture!  :drooling: :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 03:34:36 PM »

Demolition Man
Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes go at it amid a dazzling cyber-future in this explosive hit. In 2032 archcriminal Simon Phoenix (Snipes) awakens from a 35-year deep freeze in CryoPrison to find a serene, non-violent Los Angeles ready for the taking. Unable to deal with Phoenix's brutal 1990s style, officials seek an old-fashioned cop to fight old-fashioned crime. They revive Sgt. John Spartan (Stallone), unjustly serving a CryoPrison sentence because of his last encounter with Phoenix. Sandra Bullock and Benjamin Bratt (TV's 'Law and Order') also uphold the law in this "terrific mix of action and humor" (Joel Siegel, 'Good Morning America/ABC-TV').

My Thoughts:
This is the first movie I became aware of Sandra Bullock in. To me this is just a fun movie... it is a good mixture of comedy and action. A movie I have enjoyed watching countless times. Sure it is far fetched... pretty much have to suspend believability... but I think as long as you can do that you can definitely enjoy this movie. I thought Sandra Bullock was hilarious in this movie,,, but of course Stallone and Snipes were also good. There is not to many extras on this release... but you get a couple things to enjoy... a commentary, trailer and bios are included.
Pete