Poll

Video game console is important in a HT setup?

Yes, Very Important
4 (36.4%)
Yes
2 (18.2%)
No
0 (0%)
Not at all
3 (27.3%)
I dont have a HT
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Video game console is important in a HT setup?  (Read 1933 times)

Ralliart

Video game console is important in a HT setup?
« on: May 03, 2007, 01:21:36 AM »
I think that video console are important in a HT setup; It add more playtivity in the HT room.

The Xbox360 is a great music player with or with connection to a PC :)

RossRoy

Re: Video game console is important in a HT setup?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:15:51 AM »
The Xbox360 is a great music player with or with connection to a PC :)

Ah damn! And I thought it could still play music without a PC! Guess I'm stumped  :-\  ;D  ;D

I don't have an HT, unfortunately. Not that my PC doesn't give me hours of enjoyment out of my DVD, as my monitor still is the best TV in the house

m666

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »
I would much rather play PC games than console, so to me consoles have nothing to do with my HT setup. 
My father on the other hand would beg to differ, he loves his console games, and would argue with me for days about this.

Personally though, I would much rather sit down with a keyboard and mouse and take to a game than to sit down with an over-sized bear-claw of a controller and mash buttons.  ;D

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »
Personally though, I would much rather sit down with a keyboard and mouse and take to a game than to sit down with an over-sized bear-claw of a controller and mash buttons.  ;D

I have keyboard and mouse for games. Well no, I shouldn't generalize. Keyboard and mouse work great and strategy, and that's it. Yes, it's more responsive for FPS, but I still prefer a gamepad for my FPS.

And don't even start about flight simulators and sports games using a keyboard and mouse  ;D

m666

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »
haha, I know its a total preference thing, I have guys I work with that swear by the bear-claw in fps
but then again I've played them keyboard&mouse VS bear-claw, and I hate to say it but I dominated...
maybe its skill, maybe its the setup, we'll never know.

???