Author Topic: The News Readers Group  (Read 8702 times)

Najemikon

Re: The News Readers Group
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 08:03:28 PM »
By the way, is this in-line "modify" button new? I just noticed it and I like it :)

I never noticed that either! Very cool. :D

m.cellophane

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 08:04:53 PM »
By the way, is this in-line "modify" button new? I just noticed it and I like it :)

What button are you referring to ?
In your own posts, the is not only in the title bar of your post between Quote and Remove, but also in the right lower corner of your post. If you use that one, you can edit your post directly without having it to load the "post compose" page. Probably it has always been there but I just noticed it  :bag:
I never noticed it before, but it's really cool.  :thumbup: I think I will use that a lot. Like Eric, I re-read my messages after I post. Typos.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 08:08:52 PM »
Like Eric, I re-read my messages after I post. Typos.
For me it is even worth: Although I reread my posts before posting them, I usually notice my typos only after having actually posted my messages  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 06:12:51 AM »
Yes, the Modify button has bene there for quite some time. If you edit quick it will not be noted in the post itself. Sometimes I copy my previous post to a new one, edit that and delete th emessed up post :bag: I love the Modify and Delete buttons; every forum should have them.

Well, since there seems to be no harm, Eric, please add me to the News Group group... (I guess I can opt out later, if I wanted to...)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
But should it turn out, that a lot of interesting discussions result based on those newsfeeds, please let me know and I will join you :)

Just out of curiosity: Did I miss anything yet?  :bag:

RossRoy

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 11:05:29 PM »
Shoot! This reminds me... I haven't been checking them much!  :laugh:

m.cellophane

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 11:09:32 PM »
But should it turn out, that a lot of interesting discussions result based on those newsfeeds, please let me know and I will join you :)

Just out of curiosity: Did I miss anything yet?  :bag:
I usually enter the forum through the link that shows new posts since your last visit. I see them all in the morning and I might read one. But I don't usually seek them out in their forum. There's quite a bit of activity every day. Maybe 20 new posts?

Touti

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »
I guess it's time for a follow up on this.

Is anyone actually reading those posts ?  Is it worth anything to you ?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »
My personal view... it is nice to have for a now and then look see... but I found myself not reading them as much as I thought I would. I personally wouldn't mind either way if you keep them or not.
Pete

Halo2

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
I agree with Pete. I've found them somewhat repetitive and only sometimes have something I wish to read further about. If they stay, I'll still look over them. If they go, meh.

lyonsden5

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 02:39:01 AM »
consider me a third vote for "meh"

Touti

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 03:01:45 AM »
To tell you the truth I'm a bit disapointed by the feeds, I was expecting to see the full articles with pictures and all, not only a short text that I have to click to get to the complete article.

But they're not overhead for the server so as long as some people check them I'll leave them there.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 03:06:22 AM »
I actually had the same disappointment as you... I was at first expecting the full article right there as well.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 04:51:16 AM »
To tell you the truth I'm a bit disapointed by the feeds, I was expecting to see the full articles with pictures and all, not only a short text that I have to click to get to the complete article.

But they're not overhead for the server so as long as some people check them I'll leave them there.
I had the same diappointment with several other feeds I added to my mail program... I mean, it appears to be a common thing.

Touti

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 12:14:45 PM »
It's probably related to ads on their web site.  If nobody visits the sites the ads never get displayed and it doesn't bring any money.