Author Topic: Prom Night  (Read 2333 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Prom Night
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:28:15 PM »
MOVIE / DVD INFO:

Title: Prom Night
Year: 1980    
Director: Paul Lynch
Rating: R   
Length: 89 Min.
Video:  Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:  English DD Mono
Subtitles: None

Stars:
Jamie Lee Curtis
Leslie Neilson
Casey Stevens
Eddie Benton

Plot:
Four Hamilton High School seniors have been hiding the truth of what happened to ten-year-old Robin Hammond for six long years. But someone saw what they did and is preparing for revenge - a prom night killing spree. Hooded, masked, and wielding an axe, he'll stalk his prey in the dark, empty halls, striking when his victims are alone. And just as the spotlight falls upon the newly crowned king and queen, the killer will show everyone what his favorite game to play is...

Extras:
NONE!!!

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I have not seen in years! It has been so long in fact that I really don't remember much of anything about it going into it. Other then I like the fact that it stars Jamie Lee Curtis as she has done some really great work in horror in her early years. First off... I know the movie is Prom Night... and I know what that entails... but too much music for my taste. For those of you that don't know... I am not a music fan... There is NO type of music that I like. But I was of course expecting that going into it. This is not a movie that I could say is really scary in any way... but it does have it's moments. It is one that doesn't show any real gore either. It is one of those movies that leaves most to the imagination. That is not a complaint mind you... as at times that can be worse then what they can actually show. I personally like both gore and non-gore movies. The twist ending was no real surprise... even with the mis-direction they used.

The DVD Release for this movie could have been so much better They give us no extras what so ever on this release... not even the Theatrical Trailer! Surprisingly... there isn't even trailers for other movies. Which is something we usually get... if for no other reason to try to get us to spend more money on other titles from their catalog.

Over-all... It is a decent '80s horror flick that I am glad I added to my collection. I just wish they treated the DVD release with more respect then they did.
Pete