Author Topic: Cloverfield  (Read 10742 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Cloverfield
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Najemikon

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

northbloke

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 10:15:32 PM »
Yes there are other people reading this, so be very careful!  :laugh:

Jimmy, I think you're connecting the film and the book too much. Frank Darabont took the story and went off and did his own thing. In film you more often or not have to have a primary antagonist for the audience to identify with, in books not so much. So the film is about David not the situation and needs to be looked at from that point of view.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 06:30:35 AM »
The thing I liked the most about Cloverfield is the monster design. When it is eventiually revealed on screen in all its glory I was awestruck!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

MEJHarrison

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 07:35:16 PM »
Wow..that's an expensive sewing machine.  What kind is it?

Bernina

I know a little about sewing machines.  A friend just sold her brand new Pfaff 3.0 (I did actually since she's currently in New Mexico) she picked up less than two months back and picked up her dream machine, the Pfaff 4.0.  I don't know what they go for, but she got her new one off ebay for almost $1800.  I think they're normally $2500+.  So I'm guessing it's comparable to what you're wife got.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »
I know a little about sewing machines.  A friend just sold her brand new Pfaff 3.0 (I did actually since she's currently in New Mexico) she picked up less than two months back and picked up her dream machine, the Pfaff 4.0.  I don't know what they go for, but she got her new one off ebay for almost $1800.  I think they're normally $2500+.  So I'm guessing it's comparable to what you're wife got.

I hope your friend has good luck with hers, my wife used to work at a place that sold Pfaffs and she said they were prone to breakdowns. That's why she went with the Bernina.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 11:11:34 PM »

I hope your friend has good luck with hers, my wife used to work at a place that sold Pfaffs and she said they were prone to breakdowns. That's why she went with the Bernina.

Well she's only had the new one for a week or so.  And had the prior one for probably less than two months.  But she's had that brand in the past without issues.  And her Pfaff serger seems to be holding up well also.  So I hope she does have good luck with it.

Sooo.... I guess if this machine has problems it will be like the big monster from Cloverfield attacking her and that would be a very bleak ending indeed.  Sorry, just trying to get this sewing nonsense back on track (and regain a tiny portion of my manhood in the process) :laugh:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 12:28:04 AM »
Sorry, just trying to get this sewing nonsense back on track (and regain a tiny portion of my manhood in the process) :laugh:

See that Bears game last week?  :hysterical: