Author Topic: Zorro, The Gay Blade  (Read 258 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Zorro, The Gay Blade
« on: March 20, 2023, 02:06:02 PM »
     Zorro, The Gay Blade (1981/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Image Entertainment (United States)
Director:Peter Medak
Writing:Hal Dresner (Story By), Greg Alt (Story By), Don Moriarty (Story By), Bob Randall (Story By), Johnston McCulley [Johnston M. McCulley] (Original Characters By), Hal Dresner (Screenwriter)
Length:93 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:

Stars:
George Hamilton as Don Diego Vega/Bunny Wigglesworth
Lauren Hutton as Charlotte Taylor Wilson
Brenda Vaccaro as Florinda
Ron Leibman as Esteban
Donovan Scott as Paco

Plot:
George Hamilton stars in a dueling dual role as twin sons of the legendary Zorro. Soon after the dashing Don Diego Vega inherits his father's famous sword and costume, a broken ankle prevents the masked avenger from fulfilling his heroic duties. When his flamboyantly fashion-conscious brother assumes the secret identity to continue an ongoing fight for justice, the results are nothing short of hilarious! Lauren Hutton, Brenda Vaccaro and Ron Leibman co-star in this colorful and crazy comedy caper.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:

I haven't even thought about this one since I seen it in the early/mid 80s until I seen it on the list for this scavenger hunt. And I just had to find myself a copy to watch again. I gotta say it was just as fun as I remember it being.George Hamilton was so good playing the duel part of Zorro and his twin flaboyantly gay brother Who became Zorro: The Gay Blade. Recommended for a few good laughs.

Rating:
Pete