Author Topic: Elvis  (Read 260 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Elvis
« on: March 20, 2023, 01:47:59 PM »
     Elvis (2022/United States)

Studio Distribution Services (United States)
Director:Baz Luhrmann
Writing:Baz Luhrmann (Screenwriter), Sam Bromell (Screenwriter), Craig Pearce (Screenwriter), Jeremy Doner (Screenwriter), Baz Luhrmann (Story By), Jeremy Doner (Story By)
Length:159 min.
Video:Widescreen :1
Audio:English: Dolby Atmos: 3D
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Austin Butler as Elvis
Tom Hanks as Colonel Tom Parker
Olivia DeJonge as Priscilla
Helen Thomson as Gladys
Richard Roxburgh as Vernon

Plot:
This epic drama explores the life and music of Elvis Presley as seen through the prism of Presley's complicated relationship with his enigmatic manager, Colonel Tom Parker.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

While I did enjoy this film, I felt I could have enjoyed it more if it was done like most other biopics... and not been done by from the colonel's perspective. I personally would have enjoyed it much more if it was just the story of Elvis' life from childhood to death. Though I can understand why they did it this way. It was still good enough to keep my interest for the over 2 and a half hours that it lasted. So it is not like it is a bad movie. I would definitely say it is worth the watch. Even if they just barely glanced over certain parts of his life. The cast did do a good job and the story telling did keep my interest. So I am glad I added this one to my collection.
Rating:
Pete