Author Topic: The Black Phone  (Read 237 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
The Black Phone
« on: March 20, 2023, 01:36:17 PM »
     The Black Phone: Collector's Edition (2021/United States)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Scott Derrickson
Writing:Joe Hill (Original Material By), Scott Derrickson (Screenwriter), C. Robert Cargill (Screenwriter)
Length:103 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Spanish: DTS-HD High Resolution: 7.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Mason Thames as Finney
Madeleine McGraw as Gwen
Ethan Hawke as The Grabber
Jeremy Davies (1969) as Terrence
E. Roger Mitchell as Detective Wright

Plot:
OscarĀ® nominee** Ethan Hawke, in the most disturbing role of his career, stars in a new psychological thriller from Blumhouse and the director who brought you Sinister and Doctor Strange. Finney Shaw, a shy but clever 13-year-old boy, is abducted by a sadistic killer (Hawke) and trapped in a soundproof basement where screaming is of little use. When a disconnected phone on the wall begins to ring, Finney discovers that he can hear the voice of the killer's previous victims. And they are dead set on making sure that what happened to them doesn't happen to Finney.

**2014, Best Supporting Actor, Boyhood.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • Shadowprowler short film

My Thoughts:

This is my third time watching this film... and I absolutely loved every second of it! The 70s setting is just pure nostalgia for me... and the villian brought out both the creep factor and anger that he should have, I really liked the characters. Especially the sister. Her personality was great. I also liked the brother's friend a lot. When the movie ended I felt like I could instantly watch it again. I been trying to get my daughter to watch it with me, but unfortunately she shows little to no interest. Highly Recommended!
Rating:
Pete