Author Topic: 2019 Horror/Halloween Marathon  (Read 10698 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Horror/Halloween Marathon
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 03:10:38 AM »
     Friday the 13th: Part 3 (1982/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Steve Miner
Writing:Martin Kitrosser (Screenwriter), Carol Watson (Screenwriter), Victor Miller (Original Characters By), Ron Kurz (Original Characters By)
Length:95 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Terry Ballard as State Trooper #2
Richard Brooker as Jason
Gloria Charles as Fox
Anne Gaybis as Cashier
Rachel Howard as Chili

Plot:
It's spine-tingling horror in a whole new dimension as Friday the 13th Part 3-3D comes to Blu-ray! A carefree summer becomes a deadly nightmare for another group of naïve counselors who choose to ignore Camp Crystal Lake's gruesome legacy. They find themselves in a bloody game of cat-and-mouse with the maniacal Jason, who stalks their ever move....and ruthlessly kills them off one by one.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

This is the movie that Jason gets his hockey mask that everyone knows him by. While I did still enjoy this movie... I didn't care for it as much as some of the others. I just found that I didn't really care about most the characters this time around. Shelly maybe an exception there at least he was meant to be a little weird.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 05:06:56 AM »
     Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984/United States)

Director:Joseph Zito
Writing:Victor Miller (Original Characters By), Ron Kurz (Original Characters By), Martin Kitrosser (Original Characters By), Carol Watson (Original Characters By), Barney Cohen (Screenwriter), Bruce Hidemi Sakow (Story By)
Length:91 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Erich Anderson [E. Erich Anderson] as Rob
Judie Aronson as Samantha
Peter Barton as Doug
Kimberly Beck as Trish
Tom Everett as Flashlight Man

Plot:
After the Crystal Lake Massacres, Jason is pronounced dead and taken to the hospital morgue, where he is myteriously revived, allowing his diabolical killing spree to continue as the camp where the gruesome slaughters began. But this time he meets, in addition to terrified teenagers, a young boy named Tommy Jarvis who has a special talent for horror masks and makeup, leading up to a horrifying, bloody battle that will keep you on the edge of your seat!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This one I liked a lot. My favorite so far. I really liked Corey Feldman as Tommy Garvis. Though I must say the character Ted really got on my nerves. A really fun film with some great kills. And I loved how it ended. A great installment to the franchise.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 07:14:38 PM »
     Friday the 13th: Part V: A New Beginning (1985/United States)

Director:Danny Steinmann
Writing:Martin Kitrosser (Story By), David Cohen (Story By), Martin Kitrosser (Screenwriter), David Cohen (Screenwriter), Danny Steinmann (Screenwriter)
Length:92 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Anthony Barrile as Vinnie
Suzanne Bateman as Nurse Yates/Receptionist
Dominick Brascia as Joey
Todd Bryant as Neil
Curtis Conaway as Les

Plot:
They thought he was dead. They thought he was gone for good. But it turns out, they're all wrong... dead wrong! Young Tommy Jarvis may have escaped from Crystal Lake, but he's still haunted by the gruesome events that happened there. When gory murders start occuring at the secluded halfway house for troubled teens where he now lives, it seems like his nightmarish nemesis, Jason Vorhees, is back for more sadistic killings.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

This is another good installment. I liked the story... I liked the characters. Some decent kills in this one though not as good as some of the others. And then there was the one main twist . Is it possible to like something but at the sametime not be thrilled with it? That is the way I felt here. But over all a fun film.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2019, 08:04:14 PM »
     Friday the 13th: Part VI: Jason Lives (1985/United States)

Director:Tom McLoughlin
Writing:Tom McLoughlin (Writer)
Length:87 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Thom Mathews as Tommy
Jennifer Cooke as Megan
David Kagen as Sherriff Garris
Kerry Noonan as Paula
Renee Jones as Sissy

Plot:
Jason rises from the grave to wreak havoc upon a new group of unsuspecting campers. As a child, Tommy Jarvis killed mass-murderer Jason Voorhees. But now, years later, he is tormented by the fear that Jason isn't really dead. Determined to finish him off once and for all, Tommy and a friend dig up Jason's corpse to cremate him. Unfortunately, things go seriously awry.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

Yet another good installment. I liked all the characters and the story. I think I even liked this one a little more then they last one. i definitely liked this Tommy better then the last one. even if he did accidentally bring Jason back to life. And I definitely liked the cameo of Arnold Horshack (showing my age).

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 04:31:13 AM »
     Friday the 13th: Part VII: The New Blood (1988/United States)

Director:John Carl Buechler
Writing:Daryl Haney (Writer), Manuel Fidello (Writer)
Length:88 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Jennifer Banko as Young Tina
John Otrin as Mr. Shepard
Susan Blu as Mrs. Shepard
Lar Park-Lincoln [Lar Park Lincoln] as Tina Shepard
Terry Kiser as Dr. Crews

Plot:
What chance has a teenage girl have against a maniacal serial killer with a machete? Return to Crystal Lake to find out for yourself... if you dare! Young Tina Shepard possesses the gift of telekinesis, allowing her to move things and see the future using only the power of her mind. When a devious doctor tries to exploit her ability, Tina unwittingly unchains the merciless, bloodthirsty Jason Voorhees from his watery grave, igniting a bloodbath that ends in the ultimate showdown: strength of mind versus pure evil matter.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

I so like the telekentic girl in this one. Another strong sequel with a good cast and story. They did a good job with her doctor because I so hated him and couldn't wait for Jason to get him. Once again it is definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 02:23:12 PM »
     Rings (2017/United States)
Trailer |
Paramount (United States)
Director:F. Javier Gutiérrez
Writing:David Loucka (Screenwriter), Jacob Aaron Estes [Jacob Estes] (Screenwriter), Akiva Goldsman (Screenwriter), David Loucka (Story By), Jacob Aaron Estes [Jacob Estes] (Story By), Koji Suzuki (Original Material By)
Length:102 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Matilda Lutz as Julia
Alex Roe as Holt
Johnny Galecki as Gabriel
Vincent D'Onofrio as Burke
Aimee Teegarden as Skye

Plot:
DISCOVER THE "TERRIFYING"* NEW CHAPTER in the groundbreaking Ring franchise. When a radical college professor (Johnny Galecki, The Big Bang Theory) finds the mysterious video rumored to kill viewers seven days after watching, he enlists his students in a dangerous experiment to uncover the secrets behind the Samara legend. When the deadly video goes viral, they must figure out a way to break the curse and defeat Samara before her evil is unleashed upon the world. But how do you stop her when she's everywhere!

*Sean Hutchinson, Inverse.com

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

While a decent film I felt this is a step down from the first two parts. I did like the cast and the story was ok... though I did feel my attention drifting away from the movie. I really think it would have been better if they didn't show where the curse came from and all that.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 07:26:13 PM »
     The Night Flier (1997/United States, Italy)
HBO Home Video (United States)
Director:Mark Pavia
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Material By), Mark Pavia (Screenwriter), Jack O'Donnell (Screenwriter)
Length:96 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Miguel Ferrer as Richard Dees
Julie Entwisle as Katherine Blair
Dan Monahan as Merton Morrison
Michael H. Moss as Dwight Renfield
John Bennes as Ezra Hannon

Plot:
From Stephen King, the master of horror on page and screen, comes a new tale of relentless terror. Of a modern-day vampire who flies by night, and lands too close to home ... for comfort.

For Richard Dees (Miguel Ferrer) facts are always stranger than fiction. Every headline is a dead-line. Serial Killers, UFO abductions, tales of molestation, mayhem and murder. To some the tales are unbelievable -- but his faithful readers believe. And now there's a new story. The Night Flier. What is it that flies by night in a dark-winged Cessna, lands at secluded airports and brutally murders local residents? Dees begins to follow the unknown killer in a Cessna of his own, uncovering clues that reveal a pilot more terrifying than he could ever have imagined. A creature so untamed by human nature, that their final confrontation will leave no body unbloodied.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Production Notes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

While not the best vampire film I ever seen it is one I enjoyed a lot, And I am a big vampire fan so I seen many. I really liked the way they made Dwight Renfield (the vampire) look... as well as the effect the vampire's blood had when he effected Richard Dees with it. I also really liked the use of Black and White in that scene. It really enhanced the spookiness of the scene. This is a film I would definitely recommend if you never seen it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2019, 09:39:31 PM »
     Stephen King's Cat's Eye (1985/United States)

Director:Lewis Teague
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Screenwriter)
Length:94 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Drew Barrymore (1975) as Our Girl
James Woods (1947) as Morrison
Alan King (1927) as Dr. Donatti
Kenneth McMillan as Cressner
Robert Hays as Norris

Plot:
A wandering supernatural feline's adventures provide the linking story for Stephen King's Cat's Eye, a dead-on thrillogy scripted by King and directed by Lewis Teague (Cujo). The staff at Quitters Inc. promises to help nicotine fiend Dick Morrison (James Woods) kick the habit. Next, a luckless gambler (Robert Hays) is forced into a bet involving a stroll around the building – on the five-inch ledge encircling the 30th floor. Finally, our wayfarer kitty rescues a schoolgirl (Drew Barrymore) from a vile, doll-sized troll.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:

This is one of the first Anthology movies I ever seen... and one of my favorites. In my opinion a real horror classic! I loved how the cat in the beginning of the movie is shown running past other Stephen King greats... like.. seeing the cat getting scared by Cujo coming out from behind a fence and almost getting run over by Christine. At one point they also show a couple of the characters watching The Dead Zone on TV. This Anthology had 3 stories to it... and in this case I really enjoyed all 3 of them. This is the first time watching it on blu-ray... I wish it had more extras! I definitely recommend this one.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 03:44:02 PM »
     Cell (2016/United States)

Lionsgate (United States)
Director:Todd Williams
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Material By), Stephen King (1947) (Screenwriter), Adam Alleca (Screenwriter)
Length:98 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
John Cusack as Clay Riddell
Samuel L. Jackson (1948) as Tom McCourt
Isabelle Fuhrman as Aliice Waxman
Clark Sarullo as Sharon Riddell
Ethan Andrew Casto as Johnny Riddell

Plot:
At the Boston airport, Clay (Cusack) witnesses a scene of mayhem when an electronic signal turns hundreds of cell phone users into rabid killers. Desperate to find his estranged wife and son, Clay teams with a train driver (Jackson) to battle the horde of murderous "phoners" as the city descends into apocalyptic madness.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I can't compare this to the book... but this is definitely not the best Stephen King film I have seen. I mean I did enjoy it... but in my eyes it didn't live up to other King adaptations. Worth the time out in to watch it but Don't expect too much.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 07:09:45 PM »
     11/11/11 (2011/United States)
The Asylum Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Keith Allan
Writing:Kiff Scholl (Screenwriter), Keith Allan (Screenwriter)
Length:87 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1
Subtitles:

Stars:
Jon Briddell as Jack
Erin Coker as Melissa
Hayden Byerly as Nathan
Tracy Pulliam [Tracy J. Pulliam] as Janice
Lena La Fratta as Annie

Plot:
Jack and Melissa are frightened by their son's bizarre and violent behavior; they soon learn that he is the gateway to the Apocalypse, and it will happen on his birthday, 11-11-11.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

This one while entertaining ... I have seen better of it's type. While I never heard of anyone in the cast I thought they did a fine job. The story line did a fair job at keeping my attention... though my mind did wander here and there. A decent way of wasting an hour and a half... but I wouldn't go seeking it out.

Rating:
Pete