Author Topic: Within My Lifetime: 2017 Edition  (Read 21545 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Within My Lifetime: 2017 Edition
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »
     Death Spa: Unrated (1989/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Gorgon Video, MPI Home Video (United States)
Director:Michael Fischa
Writing:James Bartruff (Writer), Mitch Paradise (Writer)
Length:87 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.77:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English

Stars:
William Bumiller as Michael
Brenda Bakke as Laura
Merritt Butrick as David
Robert Lipton as Tom
Alexa Hamilton as Priscilla

Plot:
The new fitness club in town has everything a health nut could ever want: a variety of workout machines, classes taught by friendly (and frisky) instructors, and a state-of-the-art computer control system for maximum client comfort. Unfortunately it's also possessed by the evil spirit of the owner's dead wife, and before long every dumbbell, leg press, and rowing machine becomes a deadly weapon for her to enact bloody vengeance on the club's beautiful members. So if you're looking for a real workout from hell, ever DEATH SPA – a new exercise in terror!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

While this one has it's moments... for the most part I had a hard time keeping my attention on it. Most the acting was sub-par. Some decent graphics but most were pretty bad. Over-all I have seen worse but this one is below average.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 08:23:41 PM »
     Tarzan: Special Edition (1999/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Kevin Lima, Chris Buck
Writing:Edgar Rice Burroughs (Original Material By), Tab Murphy (Screenwriter), Bob Tzudiker (Screenwriter), Noni White (Screenwriter)
Length:88 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.0, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.0, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.0, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
Brian Blessed as Clayton (Voice)
Glenn Close as Kala (Voice)
Minnie Driver as Jane (Voice)
Tony Goldwyn as Tarzan (Voice)
Nigel Hawthorne as Professor Porter (Voice)

Plot:
Disney's legendary adventure is better than ever as Tarzan bursts onto Blu-ray for the first time ever with spectacular picture and amazing sound. Filled with thrills, laughs and Academy Award®-winning music (Best Music, Original Song, "You'll Be In My Heart," 1999), this family favorite will make you go wild.

Disney's magnificent adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs' story begins deep within the jungle when baby Tarzan is adopted by a family of gorillas. But his "Two Worlds" collide with the arrival of humans, forcing Tarzan to choose between a "civilized" life with the beautiful Jane and the life he shares with his fun-loving friends and his gorilla family. Enjoy this wild and wonderful adventure in a whole new way on Disney Blu-ray!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I haven't seen this one in many years,,, not since it was originally released. It is one that has held up to the test of time. A great telling f the story that kept my attention with ease. Well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 10:26:32 PM »
     Toy Story (1995/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:John Lasseter
Writing:John Lasseter (Story By), Pete Docter (Story By), Andrew Stanton (Story By), Joe Ranft (Story By), Joss Whedon (Screenwriter), Andrew Stanton (Screenwriter), Joel Cohen (Screenwriter), Alec Sokolow (Screenwriter)
Length:81 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Spanish: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
Tom Hanks as Woody (Voice)
Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear (Voice)
Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head (Voice)
Jim Varney as Slinky Dog (Voice)
Wallace Shawn as Rex (Voice)

Plot:
Experience a hilarious fantasy about the lives toys lead when they're left alone. Woody, an old-fashioned cowboy doll, is Andy's favorite. But when Andy gets Buzz Lightyear for his birthday, the flashy new space hero takes Andy's room by storm! Their rivalry leaves them lost with a toy's worst nightmare - Sid, the toy-torturing boy next door. Woody and Buzz must work together to escape, realizing along the way that they've got a friend...in each other!

Now, in a magnificent Blu-ray special edition, Toy Story shines even brighter. With exciting bonus features, including deleted scenes and a retrospective special with Director John Lasseter, this modern classic is one you'll enjoy to infinity and beyond

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Music Videos
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

This one I found to still be a fun animated film... but don't think it held up quite as good as the last one I watched. Still worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 10:51:34 PM »
     It (1990/United States)
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Tommy Lee Wallace
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Material By), Lawrence D. Cohen (Screenwriter), Tommy Lee Wallace (Screenwriter)
Length:187 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, German: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Italian: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Czech: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai

Stars:
Harry Anderson (1952) as Richard "Richie" Tozier
Dennis Christopher as Edward "Eddie" Kaspbrak
Richard Masur as Stanley "Stan" Uris
Annette O'Toole as Beverly "Bev" Marsh
Tim Reid as Michael "Mike" Hanlon

Plot:
October, 1957. "It" awakens and the small town of Derry, Maine will never be the same, Stephen King brings to life every childhood fear and phobia as seven children face an unthinkable horror which appears in various forms, including "Pennywise" (Tim Curry) – a clown who lives, hunts and kills from the town's sewers. Years later, the surviving adults who are brave enough return to stop the new killing spree, this time for good.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary

My Thoughts:

This is one of the King miniseries I like a lot... but for some reason seldomly watch. I guess it has something to do with the length of miniseries. This one is loaded with big names and is a story that easily keeps your attention. I am not a big reader so I can't compare the miniseries to the book... but it is one of my favorites of his miniseries.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 04:28:04 AM »
     Top Gun (1986/United States)
Paramount Pictures (United States)
Director:Tony Scott (1944)
Writing:Jim Cash (Writer), Jack Epps, Jr. (Writer)
Length:110 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Tom Cruise as Maverick
Kelly McGillis as Charlie
Val Kilmer as Ice
Anthony Edwards (1962) as Goose
Tom Skerritt as Viper

Plot:
Twenty-five years ago, Top Gun took audiences into the Danger Zone with the blockbuster hit that made Tom Cruise a superstar. Now, with the 25th Anniversary Celebration, experience the film that remains one of the most high-octane adventures of all time.

Tom Cruise plays Maverick, a hotshot flyer who is sent to the Navy's prestigious Top Gun program. But in order to become the "best of the best," he'll need the help of his wingman (Anthony Edwards) and new-found love (Kelly McGillis). Co-starring Val Kilmer, action-packed hit will take your breath away!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Multi-angle
  • Music Videos
  • Interviews
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

People have told me for years that I need to watch this film.... but I never did... mainly because I never been much of a Tom Cruise fan. Now I must say I am glad I finally watched it. I really enjoyed every minute of it. I even liked Tom Cruise in it... not to mention several other big named stars that is in this one. If you are like I was... and never seen this one.... it is one I highly recommend. It has a lot of fun action and a great story. Don't be like me and keep putting it off.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 03:44:44 AM »
From Movie Version of TV Series thread...

1979 - Star Trek
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
1996 - Mission Impossible
2002 - The Brady Bunch in the White House
2003 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

From Superhero Showdown Thread...

1974 - Wonder Woman
1978 - Superman: The Movie
1997 - Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero
2014 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 03:55:19 AM »
     The Exorcist: Extended Director's Cut & Original Theatrical Version (1973/United States)
Director:William Friedkin
Writing:William Peter Blatty (Screenwriter), William Peter Blatty (Original Material By)
Length:132 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Japanese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Hungarian: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Polish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish

Stars:
Ellen Burstyn as Chris MacNeil
Max von Sydow as Father Merrin
Lee J. Cobb as Lt. Kinderman
Kitty Winn as Sharon
Jack MacGowran as Burke Dennings

Plot:
Controversial and popular from the moment it opened, The Exorcist marks its historic Blu-ray premiere in a 2-Disc Edition featuring Stunning Hi-Def Presentations of the Original 1973 Theatrical Version and the 2000 Extended Director's Cut. The frightening and realistic tale of an innocent girl inhabited by a terrifying entity, her mother's frantic resolve to save her and two priests – one doubt-ridden, the other a rock of faith – joined in battling ultimate evil always leaves viewers breathless. This greatest supernatural thriller of all time astonishes and unsettles like no other movie.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

This is a favorite of mine and my late wife's both. Though it did use to scare her to the point that she made me go to every room with her after watching it... as she was afraid to be alone. Sure it is a bit slow in parts. But the story is of such interest to me that it didn't "feel" slow. I of course love the head spin scene... and then there is the whole spider walk down the stairs scene... very cool. Definitely one I would recommend.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »
     The Omega Man (1971/United States)
Director:Boris Sagal
Writing:John William Corrington (Screenwriter), Joyce H. Corrington (Screenwriter), Richard Matheson (Original Material By)
Length:98 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, German: Dolby Digital: Mono, Italian: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
Charlton Heston as Neville
Anthony Zerbe as Matthias
Rosalind Cash as Lisa
Paul Koslo as Dutch
Eric Laneuville as Richie

Plot:
Welcome to the future. Biological war has decimated life on Earth. Los Angeles is a windswept ghost town where Robert Neville tools his convertible through sunlit streets foraging for supplies. And makes damn sure he gets undercover before sundown, when other "inhabitants" emerge.

The Omega Man adapts Richard Matheson's novel I Am Legend into a high-impact, high-tension saga of a fate not far removed from reality. Charlton Heston is Neville, fending off attacks by The Family, sinister neopeople spawned by the plague. He also becomes a man with a mission after meeting Lisa (Rosalind Cash), another uninfected survivor – and guardian of some healthy children representing our species' hope.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Introduction By Screenwriter Joyce Corrington and Co-Stars Eric Laneuville and Paul Koslo

My Thoughts:

An enjoyable movie...though I did find it a little slow in parts. The entire cast did well... especially Charlton Heston was great. I can definitely see myself watching it again.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 09:35:35 PM »
     Carrie (1976/United States)
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Brian De Palma
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Material By), Lawrence D. Cohen (Screenwriter)
Length:98 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Spanish

Stars:
Sissy Spacek as Carrie
Piper Laurie as Margaret White
Amy Irving as Sue Snell
William Katt as Tommy Ross
John Travolta as Billy Nolan

Plot:
All hell breaks loose when a tortured, misfit teenager (Sissy Spacek) unleashes her secret telekinetic powers against her psychotic mother (Piper Laurie) and sadistic classmates. Based on the best-selling Stephen King novel, this ultimate revenge fantasy is one of the all-time great horror classics!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:

This is a movie I haven't watched in years. I enjoyed this more then I thought I would actually. I kinda remembered it as being on the slow side. Which it does have a few slow scenes. But it is still a good and interesting story. I liked everyone in the movie. Including Piper Laurie as Carries mother... though I do think that (maybe purposely?) over-acted the part. It wasn't really bad... more like a hard time believing that she was that much of a nut case. I think Sissy Spacek did a wonderful job in it. If there was anything I didn't care for in this movie is some of the split screens they used during the prom. It kinda took you out of the story and reminds you that it is just a movie.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 03:57:22 AM »
     Jurassic World (2015/United States)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Colin Trevorrow
Writing:Rick Jaffa (Screenwriter), Amanda Silver (Screenwriter), Derek Connolly (Screenwriter), Colin Trevorrow (Screenwriter), Rick Jaffa (Story By), Amanda Silver (Story By), Michael Crichton (Original Characters By)
Length:124 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.00:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Chris Pratt as Owen
Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire
Irrfan Khan as Masrani
Vincent D'Onofrio as Hoskins
Ty Simpkins as Gray

Plot:
The Jurassic World theme park lets guests experience the thrill of witnessing actual dinosaurs, but something ferocious lurks behind the park's attractions – a genetically modified dinosaur with savage capabilities. When the massive creature escapes, chaos erupts across the island. Now it's up to Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) to save the park’s tourists from an all-out prehistoric assault.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

This one I enjoyed quite a bit. While the entire cast was good. The two young boys stole the show for me. Of course Chris Pratt was great too. This film has lots of great dinosaur action and even a decent laugh here and there. If you haven't had the chance to see it yet.... I recommend it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 09:44:39 PM »
     Bloody Birthday (1981/United States)
VCI Entertainment (United States)
Director:Ed Hunt
Writing:Ed Hunt (Screenwriter), Barry Pearson (Screenwriter)
Length:85 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:

Stars:
Lori Lethin as Joyce Russel
Melinda Cordell as Mrs. Brody
Julie Brown (1954) as Beverly Brody
Joe Penny as Mr. Harding
Bert Kramer as Sherriff Brody

Plot:
In 1970, three children were born during the height of a total eclipse of Saturn, the planet governing emotion. Ten years later these seemingly innocent children have become heartless killers able to move around under the radar of suspicion because of their youthful facades. What happens when a teenage girl and her younger brother stumble upon the horrible truth?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Production Notes
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:

I remember really enjoying this one back in my early teens when it first came out. I can't say it is quite as good as I remember it being. But I definitely enjoyed every minute of it. Of course I do have a soft spot for '80s horror... after all they are the movies I grew up watching.

Sure, evil children has been done to death. Some probably done better then this one. And more times then not it seems to have to do with an eclipse when the children was born. But that don't take away from the fact that this one is good. It has some creative kills (gotta love the arrow through the peephole!) and a good story.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
     Tales From the Crypt: Midnite Movies Double Feature (1972/United Kingdom)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Freddie Francis
Writing:Milton Subotsky (Screenwriter), Al Feldstein (Original Material By), Johnny Craig (Original Material By), William M. Gaines [Bill Gaines] (Original Material By)
Length:92 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Peter Frazer
Jayne Sofiano
Ralph Richardson [Sir Ralph Richardson] as The Crypt Keeper
Geoffrey Bayldon as Guide
And All Through The House

Plot:
Prepare for a "gruesomely spine-tingling and stomach-wrenching" (Variety) journey into the heart of terror! When five unwary travelers with dark hearts stumble into a series of catacombs, they find themselves in a cavern with no way out. But the horror's only just begun as a mysterious figure appears to reveal to each person the shocking events that will soon lead to their well-deserved, untimely - and unavoidable - deaths!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

I found this to be a very good movie. I enjoyed all the segments (stories) in it. I think my favorite being the first segment. Though I do have to admit I prefer the Crypt Keeper of the HBO Series over the Crypt Keeper in this movie... he was just a whole lot more fun to watch.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 06:50:44 PM »
     Night of the Comet: Collector's Edition (1984/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Shout! Factory (United States)
Director:Thom Eberhardt
Writing:Thom Eberhardt (Writer)
Length:95 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Robert Beltran as Hector
Catherine Mary Stewart as Regina
Kelli Maroney as Samantha
Sharon Farrell as Doris
Mary Woronov as Audrey

Plot:
It's the first comet to buzz the planet in 65 million years, and everyone seems to be celebrating its imminent arrival. Everyone, that is, except Regina Belmont (Catherine Mary Stewart, The Last Starfighter) and her younger sister Samantha (Kelli Maroney, Chopping Mall), two Valley Girls who care more about fashion trends than the celestial phenomenon. But upon daybreak, when the girls discover that they're the only residents of Los Angeles whom the comet hasn't vaporized or turned into a zombie, they do what all good Valley Girls do...they go shopping! But when their day of malling threatens to become a day of mauling, these gals flee with killer zombies and blood-seeking scientists in hot pursuit!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:

Sure this is a cheesy '80s flick..but it is one that I just find plain fun... nothing more then that. Just "leave your brain at the door" fun. It has a nice mixture of comedy that works well in my opinion. It is like a zombie flick with minimal use of zombies. I am so glad I upgraded this one to Blu-ray as the DVD release I had didn't have any extras.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 11:16:24 PM »
     Pulse (1988/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Mill Creek Entertainment (United States)
Director:Paul Golding
Writing:Paul Golding (Writer)
Length:91 min.
Audio:English: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Cliff De Young as Bill
Roxanne Hart as Ellen
Joseph Lawrence [Joey Lawrence] as David
Matthew Lawrence as Stevie
Charles Tyner as Old Man

Plot:
In today's world of modern conveniences, everything we rely on is run by electricity. But what happens if the power we take for granted turns against us? Old man Holger (Charles Tyner) knows. He claims electricity is a living presence, whose voice can only be silenced by getting rid of anything that can hear it. Bill Rockland (Cliff De Young), however, refuses to believe him. It must have been an accident when an electric spark ruptured the gas pipe that nearly killed Bill's son (Joey Lawrence). And it's surely a coincidence when his wife (Roxanne Hart) is severely scalded by their electric water heater. But when his own power tools attack him and an electrical fire turns their home into a blazing inferno, Bill realizes Holger may have been right after all, and perhaps the time has come to finally pull the plug.

Extras:

My Thoughts:

Unfortunately this one is not all that impressive. I mean it has it's moments...but they are few and far between. The movie is slow and I just couldn't get myself to care about the characters. Then there is the fact that the acting itself leaves some to be desired at times.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2017, 06:22:24 PM »
     It Could Happen to You (1994/United States)
Trailer |Wikipedia |IMDb |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Andrew Bergman
Writing:Jane Anderson (Writer)
Length:102 min.
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Nicolas Cage as Charlie Lang
Bridget Fonda as Yvonne Biasi
Rosie Perez as Muriel Lang
Wendell Pierce as Bo Williams
Isaac Hayes as Angel

Plot:
Nicholas Cage, Bridget Fonda and Rosie Perez star in this irrepressible romantic comedy inspired by the true story of a humble cop who leaves a $2 million tip to a hard-luck waitress.

Charlie Lang (Cage) is a neighborhood cop with a heart of gold – and a money-hungry wife Muriel (Perez) who's always looking for a way to cash in. When she asks Charlie to buy a lottery ticket, he agrees, then impulsively promises half the winnings to a waitress, Yvonne (Fonda). When their numbers hit, the real fun begins, as Muriel learns to live large while Charlie and Yvonne learn to love again. A captivating comedy laced with whirlwind romance, "IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU should happen to everyone!" (Joel Siegel, Good Morning America)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

This is a film I haven't seen in many years. And it was even better then I remembered it being. Nicolas Cage is pretty hit and miss for me... but I thought he was great in this one. A feel good movie which apparently is based off a true story. Definitely one I would recommend.

Rating:
Pete