Author Topic: The Alphabet Marathon: Blu-ray Edition  (Read 15223 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: The Alphabet Marathon: Blu-ray Edition
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 12:05:37 AM »
     X-Men Origins: Wolverine: Ultimate 2-Disc Edition (2009/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Gavin Hood
Writing:David Benioff (Screenwriter), Skip Woods (Screenwriter)
Length:107 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Commentary, Trivia, Other

Stars:
Hugh Jackman as Logan / Wolverine
Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed
Danny Huston as Stryker
Will.i.am as John Wraith
Lynn Collins as Kayla Silverfox

Plot:
You'll go "berserker" for this pulse-pounding action thriller that sinks razor-sharp adamantium claws into the mysterious origins of Logan/Wolverine (Hugh Jackman). Discover his epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed/Sabretooth (Liev Schrieber), his encounters with new, legendary X-Men, and the ominous Weapon X program that unleashes his primal fury!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Picture-in-picture
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I have always liked the character of Wolverine... so it was a no brainer to watch this one. I enjoyed watching this one very much! It has a lot of the mutants and a lot of action. This movie is just so much fun to watch. That being said there is something I didn't like about it. That being what they did to Deadpool. The character they made here is not Deadpool! And unfortunately that is what people seem to remember the most about this film. Remembering what is bad about this film and forgetting about all the good it has to offer. This one I not only recommend watch. But I recommend that you re-watch it if you seen it before re-watch it to remind yourself it is not all bad.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 02:57:13 AM »
     Young Adult (2011/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Paramount Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Jason Reitman
Writing:Diablo Cody (Writer)
Length:94 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Charlize Theron as Mavis Gary
Patton Oswalt as Matt Freehauf
Patrick Wilson as Buddy Slade
Elizabeth Reaser as Beth Slade
Collette Wolfe as Sandra Freehauf

Plot:
Teen lit writer and one-time prom queen Mavis Gary (Academy Award®-winner* Charlize Theron) returns home determined to recapture her fading glory by winning back her married high school sweetheart. But her unlikely plan sends Mavis' life spiraling further out of control, until she forms an unlikely bond with another old classmate who forces her to face adulthood's harsh realities. Critics rave this darkly hilarious film from Academy Award®-winning** Writer Diablo Cody and Academy Award® nominated† Director Jason Reitman is "brilliant and brave" (A.O. Scott, THE NEW YORK TIMES).

*Best Actress, Monster, 2003.
**Best Original Screenplay, Juno, 2007.
†Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Director, Up in the Air, 2009.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:

I been pretty lucky with the movies I have watched lately... so knew it had to be coming. I really didn't care for this one much at all. While there was some good scenes and I was able to watch it all the way through... this one just didn't do it for me. The characters was unlikable. The storyline was a bit on the boring side. There just wasn't that much here to keep me interested. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with this one.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 04:43:48 AM »
     Zombieland (2009/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Ruben Fleischer
Writing:Rhett Reese (Writer), Paul Wernick (Writer)
Length:88 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Jesse Eisenberg as Columbus
Woody Harrelson as Tallahassee
Emma Stone as Wichita
Abigail Breslin as Little Rock
Amber Heard as 406

Plot:
Nerdy college student Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) has survived the plague that has turned mankind into flesh-devouring zombies because he's scared of just about everything. Gun-toting, Twinkie-loving Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) has no fears. Together, they are about to stare down their most horrifying challenge yet: each other's company. Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin co-star in this double-hitting, head-smashing comedy.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Picture-in-picture
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this one quite a bit. I literally laughed out loud on more then on occasion. While I liked the entire cast... Woody Harrelson made the movie for me. He just played the character perfectly. This film is definitely worth the time put in to watch it... if you never seen it I highly recommend this one.

Rating:
Pete