Author Topic: Within My Lifetime Marathon  (Read 24957 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Within My Lifetime Marathon
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 09:38:36 PM »
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Extended Edition (2013/United States, New Zealand)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Peter Jackson (1961)
Writing:Fran Walsh (Screenwriter), Philippa Boyens (Screenwriter), Peter Jackson (1961) (Screenwriter), Guillermo Del Toro (Screenwriter), J. R. R. Tolkien [J.R.R. Tolkien] (Original Material By)
Length:187 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Ian McKellen as Gandalf
Martin Freeman as Bilbo
Richard Armitage as Thorin
Ken Stott as Balin
Graham McTavish as Dwalin

Plot:
THE HOBBIT BILBO BAGGINS, THE WIZARD GANDALF and 13 Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield, continue their journey to reclaim the Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor. Along the way, they encounter the skin-changer Beorn; giant Spiders of Mirkwood; Wood-elves led by Legolas, Tauriel and King Thrandull; and a mysterious man named Bard, who smuggles them into Lake-town. Finally reaching the Lonely Mountain, they face their greatest danger - the Dragon Smaug.

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

This is a great continuation of the story. I was once again glued to the screen through-out the film. And once again... the visuals was simply amazing. I absolutely loved the dragon in this one. It was very cool how he was done. I look forward of seeing more of him in the final movie... which I so can't wait to see!
Rating:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:40:24 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »
     Captain America: Collector's Edition (1990/United States)
Shout! Factory (United States)
Director:Albert Pyun
Writing:Joe Simon (Original Characters By), Jack Kirby (Original Characters By), Stephen Tolkin (Screenwriter), Stephen Tolkin (Story By), Lawrence Block [Lawrence J. Block] (Story By)
Length:97 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Matt Salinger as Steve Rogers and Captain America
Ronny Cox as Tom Kimball
Ned Beatty as Sam Kolawetz
Darren McGavin as General Fleming
Michael Nouri as Lt. Colonel Louis

Plot:
Long ago, Steve Rogers (Matt Salinger) was a true American hero, a brave super soldier created by scientists to help the Allied Forces fight for freedom in World War II. But during a battle with the sinister Red Skull (Scott Paulin), he was lost, entombed in ice. Decades later, his body has been found and revived and Steve must again don the mantle of Captain America to help save the President of the United States (Ronny Cox) – and the world – from his arch-nemesis once and for all.

For the first time, director Albert Pyun's cult classic is presented in widescreen and in astonishing high-definition!

Extras:
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

I first saw this film on DVD last year.... It took me just over a year but I finally found a blu-ray copy cheap enough to purchase. I am glad I finally tracked down a copy... as I enjoyed every minute of it. I found it to be just plain fun. Though I would have liked to seen Captain America in his uniform more during the middle of the film... that is just a minor complaint. Sure this is a bit on the cheesy side but sometimes that just adds to the fun of it. I found it to definitely be worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »
    Bones: Season One: Disc 1

Plot:
Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan teams up with FBI agent Seeley Booth to investigate the murder of a Senate intern, the political implications of which may prove to be staggering.

Stars:
David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth
Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan
Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro
Eric Millegan as Zack Addy

My Thoughts:
Love this show! Think the cast really works well together. This was a great introduction to all the characters. It has been a while since I seen the early episodes of this series. After watching this pilot again it showed me just how much the characters has evolved over the years.

Rating:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:40:55 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 04:26:18 PM »
     Batman (1989/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Director:Tim Burton
Writing:Bob Kane (Original Characters By), Sam Hamm (Screenwriter), Warren Skaaren (Screenwriter), Sam Hamm (Story By)
Length:126 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, German: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Italian: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Commentary

Stars:
Michael Keaton as Batman/Bruce Wayne
Jack Nicholson as Joker/Jack Napier
Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale
Robert Wuhl as Alexander Knox
Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon

Plot:
Jack Nicholson is the Joker, who emerged from a horrible accident as a maniacal criminal. Michael Keaton is the Caped Crusader, who emerged from a childhood trauma to become a masked crime fighter. Kim Basinger is Vicki Vale, the talented photojournalist desired by both men. And Batman is the movie, the all-out spectacular directed by Tim Burton, set to songs by Prince and a music score by Danny Elfman, and an Academy Award® winner for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration (Anton Furst and Peter Young).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I watched this one the other day. It has been years since I seen it. But that is probably due to the fact that they ran the heck out of it when it was on cable.... and even I got sick of seeing it when flipping through the channels and such. But it is a good movie... I enjoyed it quite a bit. Definitely glad I finally decided to revisit it. I am actually having a hard time excepting this film is now 25 years old! I think Michael Keaton did a very good job portraying both the Batman persona as well as Bruce Wayne's. I was also pretty impressed with Jack Nicholson's version of The Joker.... though I do admit that Heath Ledger's version felt much more psychotic. I think the story itself was well done. If like me and you haven't seen this one in years, give it a go... it is worth the revisit.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 11:32:51 PM »
     Big Hero 6: Collector's Edition (2014/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Don Hall, Chris Williams
Writing:Jordan Roberts (Screenwriter), Robert L. Baird (Screenwriter), Daniel Gerson (Screenwriter)
Length:102 min.
Video:Widescreen :1
Audio:
Subtitles:

Stars:
Scott Adsit as Baymax
Ryan Potter as Hiro
Daniel Henney as Tadashi
T.J. Miller as Fred
Jamie Chung as Go Go

Plot:
With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Big Hero 6 is an action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to Baymax and his diverse group of friends – adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred – who transform into a band of unlikely heroes. Bring home Disney's Big Hero 6, featuring comic-book-style action and hilarious, unforgettable characters – it's fun for the whole family!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • Theatrical Short: Feast

My Thoughts:

I just finished watching this one. I must say, it is such a cute movie. I enjoyed it very much. But not only is it cute and fun... it is also a right sad film. I do not want to spoil anything here... but if you never read the comic this one did the right thing... it did not give too much away in the trailer. Matter of fact... I was expecting a much different film going by the trailer. This is one I definitely recommend checking out.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 05:22:41 PM »
     Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Director:Ethan Spaulding
Writing:Heath Corson (Writer), Geoff Johns (Original Material By), Paul Pelletier (Original Material By), Ivan Reis (Original Material By), Jerry Siegel (Original Characters By), Joe Shuster (Original Characters By), Paul Norris (Original Characters By), Bob Kane (Original Characters By), Marv Wolfman (Original Characters By), George Perez [George Pérez] (Original Characters By), Louise Simonson (Original Characters By), Jon Bogdanove (Original Characters By), William Moulton Marston (Original Characters By)
Length:72 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Sean Astin as Shazam
Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman
Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern
Christopher Gorham as Flash

Plot:
Darkness, mystery, legend – these are the whispers that echo through time regarding Atlantis. A kingdom long since forgotten to surface dwellers, it is here that a hidden empire teeters on the brink of war. When a military submarine traversing this remote domain is attacked, Cyborg plunges to the murky depths to investigate the wreckage. What he encounters is a threat powerful enough to rally together the newly formed Justice League. Meanwhile, thousands of feet above the ocean floor wanders the lone drifter Arthur Curry, a man with strange powers who may be the last chance to bridge the ancient Atlantean world and our own. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League as they face off against Orm, otherworldly weapons and perilous odds. It's an all-new, epic chapter from the DC Universe in which mankind's only hope from the darkness rests upon the guiding light of man – Aquaman!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • 4 Bonus Cartoons

My Thoughts:

I once again really enjoyed an animated superhero film. Of course this is of no surprise to the people that know me. I have always been a big fan of anything superhero related. Though I must admit, while I did like him, Aquaman was never a huge favorite of mine. Though I do think they did this back story of him well. But I must admit where they drew all the Atlantian males with long sideburns seemed to be an odd choice. It was like they were all stuck back in the '70s. Other then that a good film with lots of action. I feel comfortable recommending it.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 02:32:44 AM »
     Land of the Lost (2009/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Brad Silberling
Writing:Chris Henchy (Writer), Dennis McNicholas (Writer)
Length:105 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Will Ferrell as Dr. Rick Marshall
Anna Friel as Holly Cantrell
Danny McBride as Will Stanton
Jorma Taccone as Chaka
John Boylan as Enik

Plot:
Comedic genius Will Ferrell stars as has-been scientist Dr. Rick Marshall, who gets more than he bargained for when his expedition takes a wrong turn into the Land of the Lost. Now, Marshall, his crack-smart research assistant Holly (Anna Friel) and a redneck survivalist named Will (Danny McBride), have no weapons, few skills and questionable smarts to survive in a world full of marauding dinosaurs, fantastic creatures and laugh-out-loud comedy!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • BD-Live
  • D-Box

My Thoughts:

I grew up with the TV Series it is based on so that definitely added some value for me. I was somewhat surprised to see they changed it from a family on a camping trip to a scientist, his assistant and a guide. I think I would have preferred if it was more like the series in this regard... but I was still able to enjoy the movie. The fact that Will Farrell is the star is something else that had me nervous as to me he has always been a very hit and miss actor... I don't like half the stuff I see him in. The movie really is a lot of fun. A non-sense type of fun... but fun nonetheless. Some of it had me laughing out loud... but then again some of it had me shaking my head in disbelief. And I definitely got a kick out of both Chaka and Grumpy. But overall it was more entertaining then anything. Though I will say that for me it did go down hill a bit towards the end. Over-all I am glad I have it in my collection... and I can see myself watching it again

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 02:24:10 AM »
     Ordeal in the Arctic (1993/United States)
Platinum Disc Corporation (United States)
Director:Mark Sobel
Writing:Robert Mason Lee (Original Material By), Paul Edwards (Screenwriter)
Length:91 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Richard Chamberlain as Captain John Couch
Catherine Mary Stewart
Melanie Mayron as Sue
Scott Hylands
Page Fletcher

Plot:
October 30th, 1991, a Canadian Airforce CC-130 Herc, Box Top 22 tail number 322, left Edmondton, via Greenland, on its way to Alert a top-secret military listening post on Ellesmere Island. The captain John Couch, could see the lights of the airstrip at Alert, so he decided to go by his eyes instead of his instruments. Eighteen passengers and only 5 were killed by the crash. Roland Pitre was the first to hit the ground, he was the loadmaster. Although they were only a few miles from the base of Alert, a blizzard and the terrain, made it impossible for help to be sent at once, although every effort was made to get to them.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:

We decided to watch this one tonight. Which was a pleasure... as this is my type of film. A disaster film and true story. It is one I enjoyed very much. There was a couple familiar faces in it. One of course being Richard Chamberlin. The other was Catherine Mary Stewert who I enoyed very much in the '80s horror "Night of the Comet." If you never seen it, this is a TV Movie I would definitely recommend. It is one I hope to add to my own collection before too long.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 05:30:38 PM »
     Charmed: The First Season: Disc One

Plot:
"Something Wicca This Way Comes"
Reunited in the grand Victorian home of their childhood, a trio of sisters, Prue (Shannen Doherty), Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) and Piper (Holly Marie Combs) discovers they are gifted Wicca witches. Little do they know that their newfound powers mean that they are now prey to evil forces.

Stars:
Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell
Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
T. W. King as Inspector Andy Trudeau
Dorian Gregory as Inspector Darryl Morris

My Thoughts:
This is one of my all time favorite series! I have seen not only this episode.... but this entire series countless times. Though this is the first time I got to see this disc on a high-def TV... making me realize that these discs don't look as god as they should. I would so love to see a blu-ray release of this series! But I love the show and it was a lot of fun rewatching the pilot episode again.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 03:32:14 AM »
     Juno: Special Edition (2007/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Jason Reitman
Writing:Diablo Cody (Writer)
Length:96 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Ellen Page as Juno MacGuff
Michael Cera as Paulie Bleeker
Jennifer Garner as Vanessa Loring
Jason Bateman as Mark Loring
Allison Janney as Bren MacGuff

Plot:
Juno MacGuff (Ellen Page) is a cool, confident teenager who takes a nine-month detour into adulthood when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. With the help of her timid boyfriend (Michael Cera) and supportive family, Juno embarks on a hilarious and heartwarming quest to find the perfect parents for her baby.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Digital Copy
  • Screen Tests

My Thoughts:

This is my second time I seen this one... and I must say I enjoyed it this time more then I did the first time. I think it is mainly because I didn't know what to expect the first time around. I think that Ellen Page was great in this movie. While I have liked Jennifer Garner since first seeing her in Alias... I wasn't all that impressed with her in this movie. I don't know... maybe it was just the character she had to work with... but I was a bit disappointed in her this time. Over-all it is a good story that kept my interest through-out.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 07:36:44 PM »
     The Silence of the Lambs (1991/United States)
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Jonathan Demme
Writing:Thomas Harris (Original Material By), Ted Tally (Screenwriter)
Length:119 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling
Lawrence A. Bonney as FBI Instructor
Kasi Lemmons as Ardelia Mapp
Lawrence T. Wrentz as Agent Burroughs
Scott Glenn as Jack Crawford

Plot:
From Thomas Harris' novel, director Jonathan Demme explodes and reconstructs a classic genre, laying a foundation of emotional and political commitment beneath a perfectly constructed psychological thriller. Fourteen years after her controversial role in TAXI DRIVER, Jodie Foster finally makes the transformation from helpless victim to rescuing hero in this dark, gender-bending fairy tale on an American obsession: serial murder. As Hannibal "the Cannibal" Lecter, Anthony Hopkins is the archetypal antihero—cultured, quick-witted, uncontainable—a portrait of all the sharpest human faculties gone diabolically wrong. Winner of five 1991 Academy Awards®, including Best Picture and Best Screenplay Adaptation for Ted Tally.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

I have loved this movie since the first time I ever seen it back when it was first released in the early '90s. I have watched it countless time both on VHS and DVD.... but this is the first time I got to see it on Blu-ray! Both Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins were excellent in this one. This movie is the one that truly made me a fan of Jodie Foster. Even after countless times of watching this movie... it still has me glued to the screen with such an excellent storyline. If you have been living in a cave for the past 25yrs and never seen this movie... it is one I couldn't recommend any higher! It really is a must see movie!
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 01:08:54 AM »
     Mortal Kombat (1995/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Director:Paul W.S. Anderson [Paul Anderson]
Writing:Kevin Droney (Writer), Ed Boon (Original Characters By), John Tobias (Original Characters By)
Length:101 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Christopher Lambert as Lord Rayden
Robin Shou as Liu Kang
Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung
Bridgette Wilson as Sonya Blade

Plot:
Lord Rayden (Christopher Lambert) has rescued them, but he cannot fight for them. They – are martial artist, an action film star, a soldier – are the chosen three. And while the world's fate rests on their shoulders, the rest of us can enjoy the thrills as they compete ti save us all in the body-slamming, mystical-tinged, full-tilt spectacle of creatures and conflict that is Mortal Kombat. Paul Anderson (Resident Evil: Afterlife) directs this astonishing and trendsetting experience that showed how to turn a smash-hit video game into a movie smash. Cheer these intrepid three Kombatants – they're fighting for you!

Awards:
Won:
BMI Film & TV Music Awards (1996)  BMI Film Music Award (George S. Clinton)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

It has been years since I seen this film... and I must say I enjoyed revisiting it! I use to love the game as a teen and watching this movie again today makes me want to play it again so badly! I find it fun to see some of the game characters come to life here. This one has good martial arts action with a supernatural twist. Definitely recommended.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
     Stripes: Extended Cut (1981/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Ivan Reitman
Writing:Len Blum (Writer), Daniel Goldberg (Writer), Harold Ramis (Writer)
Length:123 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, German: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish

Stars:
Bill Murray as John
Harold Ramis as Russell
Warren Oates as Sgt. Hulka
P.J. Soles as Stella
Sean Young as Louise

Plot:
When quick-witted slacker John Winger (Bill Murray) loses his apartment, girlfriend and job all in one day, he decides to embark on a new adventure: he joins the US Army, nearly starting WWIII.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live
  • Added footage marker

My Thoughts:

As you can see by the cover this film is part of a Bill Murray double feature along with Groundhog Day. I found this movie to be just as much fun as I remembered it to be. A good solid '80s comedy. One that I would recommend everyone to see at least once. This film had me literally laugh out loud more then once. The film has a lot of familiar faces in it as well. So if you have never seen this one... put it on your list. And if you have seen it before... maybe it is time to revisit this classic comedy.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »
     Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season: Disc 1

Plot:

Night Work
London 1891. As the police investigate a series of gruesome murders, renowned explorer Sir Malcolm Murray and the strangely beautiful Vanessa Ives know there's something darker at play. In search of someone close to them who has been lost, they recruit American sharpshooter Ethan Chandler and Dr. Victor Frankenstein to help them on their journey.

Stars:
Reeve Carney as Dorian Gray
Timothy Dalton as Sir Malcolm Murray
Eva Green as Vanessa Ives
Rory Kinnear as The Creature
Billie Piper as Brona Croft

My Thoughts:
This one was a blind buy when I found the blu-ray release cheap at a pawn shop. So I didn't know what to think going into it. But I must say... I enjoyed every minute of this one. Of course it didn't hurt that the pilot episode had vampires in it... and I must admit... a very interesting take on vampires at that. After watching this pilot episode (and episode 2)... I can't wait to continue on in the series. I am just sorry to see there is only 8 episodes in the first season.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 01:51:49 PM »
     Smallville: The Complete First Season: Disc One

Plot:
1. PILOT
Rescue Lex, avoid Lana's killer green necklace, stop an avenging scarecrow man and don't reveal your powers to anyone. Who says being a teen hero is easy? Clark also learns he's not exactly from the neighborhood.

Stars:
Tom Welling as Clark Kent
Kristin Kreuk as Lana Lang
Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor
Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan
Sam Jones III as Pete Ross

My Thoughts:
I always really enjoyed this show... it was one of my favorites. I been in the mood to watch this series again for a while and watching this pilot episode was all it took to get me going again. In just one day I have already made it half way through the second disc. I think the pilot episode sets this series up well. All the characters in the series is likable... even at this point Lex Luthor. But watching him go from a likable character that truly wants to do good to the criminal mastermind that he becomes is, in my opinion, one of the things that draws you into this series.

Rating:
Pete