Author Topic: Within My Lifetime Marathon  (Read 24963 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Within My Lifetime Marathon
« on: December 31, 2014, 04:52:26 AM »

Within My Lifetime Marathon
I have done this marathon a couple times before... but this is the first time I am attempting it since going back to work. But since I give myself an entire year that shouldn't be a concern with this one. In the past I did 1 movie that was released for every year of my life. So will be watching 1 film for every year from 1969 through out to 2015 (When I get one). But this year I am upping it to make it even more challenging. This year not only am I going to watch a movie for each year... but also watch a pilot episode for a TV Series that premieres for each year. Upping it from 46 shows to 92!

Films
Year
Title
Rating
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Twelve Chairs
Daughters of Darkness
The Exorcist
Picnic at Hanging Rock
The Last Wave
Grease
Salem's Lot
Stripes
Halloween 3: Season of the Witch
Night of the Comet
Silver Bullet
Labyrinth
The Monster Squad
Beetlejuice
Batman
Captain America
The Silence of the Lambs
Dr. Giggles
Ordeal in the Arctic
Mortal Kombat
Shadow Zone: The Undead Express
Men in Black
The St. Francisville Experiment
Hannibal
Return to the Batcave
The Grudge
The Amityville Horror
Monster House
Juno
27 Dresses
Land of the Lost
Due Date
Dolphin Tale
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Big Hero 6
Justice League: Throne to Atlantis
TV
Year
Title
Rating
The Brady Bunch
Charmed
Smallville
Bones
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Pretty Little Liars
Sleepy Hollow
Penny Dreadful
Fear the Walking Dead
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:51:15 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Within My Lifetime Marathon
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:35:13 AM »
     Pretty Little Liars: The Complete First Season: Disc One

1: PILOT
One year after Alison's disappearance, Aria receives a disturbing text signed "A" – and the mystery begins.

Stars:
Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
Holly Marie Combs as Ella Montgomery
Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz

My Thoughts:
I have been curios about this show for some time as I have always heard good things. And I must say the pilot episode does do a good job pulling you in. Another plus for this series is that it has two actresses that I like/familiar with. First there is Holly Marie Combs (Charmed)... who I have adored for a long time now. Then there is Lucy Hale who I discovered when she played the little sister in the Bionic Woman reboot shortly before this series. Holly Marie Combs and Lucy Hale also just happen to play mother and daughter in this series. As I said, this is a strong story that pulls you in nicely. So I am looking forward to continuing this series. I just fear that it can't keep the momentum that it started with, though I hear it does. Not sure how many seasons is out right now... but I have the first 3 seasons on DVD right now.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:44:56 PM »
     The Last Wave: The Criterion Collection (1977/Australia)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
The Criterion Collection, Home Vision Entertainment
Director:Peter Weir
Writing:Peter Weir (Screenwriter), Tony Morphett (Screenwriter), Pertru Popescu (Screenwriter)
Length:106 min.
Rating:NR
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.77:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Richard Chamberlain as David Burton
Olivia Hamnett as Annie Burton
David Gulpilil [Gulpilil] as Chris Lee
Frederick Parslow as Rev. Burton
Vivean Gray as Dr. Whitburn
Nandjiwarra Amagula as Charlie

Plot:
Richard Chamberlain stars as Australian lawyer David Burton, who takes on the defense of a group of aborigines accused of killing one of their own. He suspects the victim has been killed for violating a tribal taboo, but the defendants deny any tribal association. Burton, plagued by apocalyptic visions of water, slowly realizes his own involvement with the aborigines...and their prophecies.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Interviews
  • 6-page booklet

My Thoughts:
This is one from Danea Cassandra's collection. One that is definitely different then my normal type of film to watch. I found it to be very interesting... but at the same time a little too slow for my taste. I can see myself watching this one again... though it wouldn't be a frequent watch for me.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »
    Due Date (2010/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Warner Home Video
Director:Todd Phillips
Writing:Alan R. Cohen (Story By), Alan Freedland (Story By), Alan R. Cohen (Story By), Alan Freedland (Screenwriter), Adam Sztykiel (Screenwriter), Todd Phillips (Screenwriter)
Length:95 min.
Rating:Rated R : Language, Drug Use and Sexual Content
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Robert Downey, Jr. as Peter Highman
Zach Galifianakis as Ethan Tremblay
Michelle Monaghan as Sarah Highman
Jamie Foxx as Darryl
Juliette Lewis as Heidi
Danny McBride as Lonnie

Plot:
From The Hangover director Todd Phillips, Due Date throws two unlikely companions together on a road trip that turns out to be as life-changing as it is outrageous. Expectant first-time father Peter Highman (Robert Downey Jr.) looks forward to his new child's due date five days away. As Peter hurries to catch a flight home from Atlanta to be at his wife's side for the birth, his best intentions go completely awry when an encounter with aspiring actor Ethan Tremblay (Zach Galifianakis) forces Peter to hitch a ride with Ethan on a cross-country trip that will ultimately destroy several cars, many friendships and Peter's last nerve.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
This is one I wasn't sure what I would think of going by the trailer. I found a copy used cheap so figured I would give it a chance. Turned out I enjoyed it more then I thought I would. Definitely had it's funny moments. Usually Robert Downey, Jr. is hit and miss for me... but here lately he has been more hit then miss. And I seem to always enjoy Zach Galifanakis. This film is worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:54:46 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 07:22:35 AM »
     Night of the Comet: Collector's Edition (1984/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Shout! Factory
Director:Thom Eberhardt
Writing:Thom Eberhardt (Writer)
Length:95 min.
Rating:PG-13
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Robert Beltran as Hector
Catherine Mary Stewart as Regina
Kelli Maroney as Samantha
Sharon Farrell as Doris
Mary Woronov as Audrey
Geoffrey Lewis as Carter

Plot:
It's the first comet to buzz the planet in 65 million years, and everyone seems to be celebrating its imminent arrival. Everyone, that is, except Regina Belmont (Catherine Mary Stewart, The Last Starfighter) and her younger sister Samantha (Kelli Maroney, Chopping Mall), two Valley Girls who care more about fashion trends than the celestial phenomenon. But upon daybreak, when the girls discover that they're the only residents of Los Angeles whom the comet hasn't vaporized or turned into a zombie, they do what all good Valley Girls do...they go shopping! But when their day of malling threatens to become a day of mauling, these gals flee with killer zombies and blood-seeking scientists in hot pursuit!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
Sure this is a cheesy '80s flick..but it is one that I just find plain fun... nothing more then that. Just "leave your brain at the door" fun. It has a nice mixture of comedy that works well in my opinion. It is like a zombie flick with minimal use of zombies. I am so glad I upgraded this one to Blu-ray as the DVD release I had didn't have any extras.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 05:15:03 PM »
     27 Dresses (2008/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Anne Fletcher
Writing:Aline Brosh McKenna (Writer)
Length:111 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Language, Some Innuendo and Sexuality
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Korean, Spanish

Stars:
Brian Kerwin as Hal
Charli Barcena as Young Tess
Peyton Roi List as Young Jane
Jane Pfitsch as Cousin Lisa
Katherine Heigl as Jane
Jennifer Lim as Bridal Salesgirl #1

Plot:
Katherine Heigl stars as Jane, a selfless woman who's been a happy, helpful bridesmaid 27 times. But her own wedding seems to be nowhere in sight, until younger sister Tess (Malin Akerman) captures the heart of Jane's boss (Edward Burns) — with whom she's secretly in love — inspiring Jane to change her "always a bridesmaid" destiny.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I liked this one quite a bit. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that I am a fan of Katherine Heigl. I have enjoyed her work since she was in the TV Series Roswell. Then I also thought she was great in the series Grey's Anatomy. Yes... this movie is very predictable... but then what Romantic Comedy isn't? In my eyes romantic comedies isn't about the ending... but the journey leading up to it. And this one I found to be a lot of fun. I have read other reviews for this movie... and for the most part they seem to agree that this one is nothing special... bordering on boring. Well, what can I say? This isn't the first time I seemed to be the only one to enjoy something a lot. But that does tell me to be cautious in recommending it. So I would have to tell people to try catching it on cable or something. Don't buy this movie on my review alone. But I do see myself upgrading it to widescreen if I get a chance.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 06:51:31 PM »
     Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season: Disc 1

Plot:
1. Pilot
Ichabod Crane awakens in modern Sleepy Hollow and realizes that evil has came with him. While on a call Sheriff Corbin is killed by the Headless Horseman which is witnessed by Lt. Abbie Mills. With her own childhood supernatural experiences, Abbie forms an unlikely bond with Ichabod. The two of them set out to stop evil and figure out mysteries dating back to the 1700s. Captain Irving at first is reluctant to believe Ichabod's tales but soon after Ichabod's former wife Katrina gives clues about coming evil, they all start to believe that Sleepy Hollow is anything but sleepy.

Stars:
Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane
Nicole Beharie as Lt. Abbie Mills
Orlando Jones as Capt. Frank Irving

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
I know I have seen this pilot before... but I must not have given it the attention it deserved at the time as I didn't remember most of what happened. I enjoyed this one very much. I was originally concerned when I found out it was going to take place in modern time... but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. The storyline is good and the characters is likable. Turns out I enjoyed this one so much I couldn't stop at just the pilot episode... I ended up watching the entire first disc (5 episodes).

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 07:25:24 PM »
     Men in Black (1997/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Barry Sonnenfeld
Writing:Lowell Cunningham (Original Material By), Ed Solomon (Story By), Ed Solomon (Screenwriter)
Length:98 min.
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Arabic, Bahasa, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Commentary, Other

Stars:
Tommy Lee Jones as Kay
Will Smith as Jay
Linda Fiorentino as Laurel
Vincent D'Onofrio as Edgar
Rip Torn as Zed

Plot:
Men in Black follows the exploits of Agents K (Jones) and J (Smith), members of a top-secret organization established to monitor alien activity on Earth. The two MiB find themselves in the middle of a deadly plot by an intergalactic terrorist (Vincent D'Onofrio) who has arrived on Earth to assassinate two ambassadors from opposing galaxies. K and J face a simple imperative: track down the interloper or the Earth will be destroyed. It's all in a day's work for the Men in Black.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interactive Games
  • Multi-angle
  • Music Videos
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • BD-Live
  • $5.00 VUDU Movie Credit

My Thoughts:

This movie is just plan fun for me. It is a really good "Turn your brain off... Popcorn Movie"... it has a nice amount of laughs. I enjoyed the performances of both Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in this movie. I especially enjoyed Will Smith firing off that little gun of his... the "Noisy Cricket". If you just want some mindless entertainment for about an hour and a half... this one I will recommend.

I jut recently upgraded to the blu-ray/dvd combo pack. I haven't had the chance to check out the extras yet... but looks like a great set. The movie looked and sound great.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 12:37:03 AM »
    Monster House (2006)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Director:Gil Kenan
Writing:Dan Harmon (Screenwriter), Rob Schrab (Screenwriter), Pamela Pettler (Screenwriter), Dan Harmon (Story By), Rob Schrab (Story By)
Length:91 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: PCM: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Korean: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Ryan Newman as Little Girl
Steve Buscemi as Nebbercracker
Mitchel Musso as DJ
Catherine O'Hara as Mom
Fred Willard as Dad

Plot:
Young DJ always knew there was something strange about the old Nebbercracker house across the street. When the house becomes a living, breathing monster, DJ enlists his pals Chowder and Jenny to learn the secret that keeps the house alive. Suddenly, they find themselves in a hair-raising battle with an unstoppable entity and must save the neighborhood from total devastation. Robert Zemeckis (The Polar Express, Back To The Future) and Steven Spielberg (ET, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones Trilogy) present Monster House - the movie The New York Times A.O. Scott hails "... smartly written and a lot of fun."

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery

My Thoughts:

This is a pretty cute animated movie... though I have seen better. The film went in an obvious direction and I had a hard time caring about the characters. But in spite of all of that... It is definitely worth the time put in to watch it. The story takes place on Halloween so I can see myself watching this one for my October marathon each year.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 08:20:11 PM »
     Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete First Season: Disc 1

1. PILOT
No one is ever safe, least of all Sarah Connor and her son John. Tired of running from the machines, Sarah decides to stand and fight.

Stars:
Lena Headey as Sarah Connor
Thomas Dekker as John Connor
Summer Glau as Cameron
Richard T. Jones as Agent James Ellison

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed revisiting this series. I actually forgot how much I enjoyed this show when it was on. I went into it wanting to just watch the pilot for this thread... ended up watching the entire first disc. This show is more then worth the time put in to watch it... if you never seen this one I highly recommend it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 04:58:22 AM »
     Picnic at Hanging Rock: The Criterion Collection (1975/Australia)
IMDb |Wikipedia |
The Criterion Collection, Janus Films, Home Vision Cinema (United States)
Director:Peter Weir
Writing:Cliff Green (Screenwriter), Joan Lindsay (Original Material By)
Length:107 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.66:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
College StaffRachel Roberts as Mrs. Appleyard
Vivean Gray as Miss McCraw
Helen Morse as Mlle. de Portiers
Kirsty Child as Miss Lumley

Plot:
Twenty years after it swept Australia into the international film spotlight, Peter Weir's stunning 1975 masterpiece remains as ineffable as the unanswerable mystery at its core. A Valentine's Day picnic at an ancient volcanic outcropping turns to disaster for the residents of Mrs. Appleyard's school when a few young girls inexplicably vanish on Hanging Rock. A lyrical, meditative film charged with suppressed longings, Picnic at Hanging Rock is at long last available in a pristine widescreen director's cut with a newly-minted Dolby® Digital 5.1 channel soundtrack.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Liner notes by Vincent Canby

My Thoughts:

I watched this one a few days ago, but just now getting to post about it. While not a bad show... this one was a little on the slow side for my taste, The imagery was outstanding in this one... and the storyline keeps your interest. I didn't even mind that they didn't "solve" the mystery.... I mean not all mysteries get solved. I just really had a bit of a problem with how slow it was. I was doing all I could not to dose off.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 03:32:25 PM »
     The Grudge (2004/United States)
Director:Takashi Shimizu
Writing:Takashi Shimizu (Original Material By), Stephen Susco (Screenwriter)
Length:98 min.
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Karen
Jason Behr as Doug
William Mapother as Matthew
Clea DuVall as Jennifer
Kadee Strickland as Susan

Plot:
From filmmaker Sam Raimi (Spider-Man™, Army of Darkness) and acclaimed Japanese director Takashi Shimizu comes a terrifying tale of horror in the tradition of The Ring and 28 Days Later.

Sarah Michelle Gellar (TV's "Buffy The Vampire Slayer") stars as an American nurse who has come to work in Tokyo. Following a series of horrifying and mysterious deaths, she encounters the vengeful supernatural spirit that possesses its victims, claims their souls, then passes its curse to another person in a spreading chain of horror. Now she must find a way to break this supernatural spell or become the next victim of an ancient evil that never dies, but forever lives to kill.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live
  • Theatrical and Unrated Versions, Two Short Films

My Thoughts:

While this is a good ghost story, I have seen better. Don't get me wrong... it is well worth watching. It is always nice to see familiar faces from TV Series in movies. And this one has 3 people I knew from TV series. Of course Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)... but there is also Jason Behr from Roswell and KaDee Strickland from Private Practice. I do like the way they did the ghosts in this film.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 06:28:41 PM »
     Dolphin Tale (2011/United States)
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Charles Martin Smith
Writing:Karen Janszen (Writer), Noam Dromi (Writer)
Length:113 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Harry Connick, Jr. as Dr. Clay Haskett
Ashley Judd as Lorraine Nelson
Nathan Gamble as Sawyer Nelson
Kris Kristofferson as Reed Haskett
Cozi Zuehlsdorff as Hazel Haskett

Plot:
In an inspiring story of the bond between animals and humans, a boy named Sawyer discovers an injured dolphin, who is brought to a marine hospital and named Winter. Unfortunately, her injuries cost Winter her tail, without which she may not survive. But with Sawyer's devotion, a marine biologist's (Harry Connick Jr.) and the brilliance of a prosthetist (Morgan Freeman) charged with creating a new tail, Winter may receive a second chance at life.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy
  • 2 animated shorts

My Thoughts:
It is not often I give a film a perfect 5 star rating... but I feel this one deserves it. It is just  truly amazing! Even more so considering it is based on a true story. I was drawn in from the very beginning... and it kept my complete attention till the very end. A real feel good movie. One I couldn't recommend high enough. An excellent story that is wonderfully done. It is one of those films where the moment I finish it I feel like I could watch that one again! If that is not a sign of a great movie I don't know what is.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »
     Labyrinth (1986/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Jim Henson Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Jim Henson
Writing:Dennis Lee (1939) (Story By), Jim Henson (Story By), Terry Jones (1942) (Screenwriter)
Length:101 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
David Bowie as Jareth
Jennifer Connelly as Sarah
Toby Froud as Toby
Shelley Thompson as Stepmother
Christopher Malcolm as Father

Plot:
Journey into the fantastical world of Labyrinth, starring David Bowie and a cast of incredible creatures created by Jim Henson. Frustrated with babysitting on yet another weekend night, Sarah (Jennifer Connelly), a teenager with an active imagination, summons the Goblins from her favorite book, "Labyrinth", to take her baby stepbrother away. When little Toby actually disappears, Sarah must follow him into the world of the fairy tale to rescue him from the wicked Goblin King (Bowie)! Guarding his castle is the labyrinth itself, a twisted maze of deception, populated with outrageous characters and unknown dangers. To get through it in time to save Toby, Sarah will have to outwit the King by befriending the very Goblins who protect him, in hopes that their loyalty isn't just another illusion in a place where nothing is as it seems!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Picture-in-picture
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

I watched this one for the first time the other day. I found it to be a fun film... it definitely kept my interest through-out. I may get a little slack on this one... but I did not care much for David Bowie in this film. He just seemed so wooden and forced. Maybe they were going for something like that for the character but in my personal opinion it took away from the film some. At least it did for me. Othert then that it is a good movie and worth the time put in to watch it.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 03:41:38 PM »
     The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: Extended Edition (2012/United States, New Zealand)
IMDb |Wikipedia |
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Peter Jackson (1961)
Writing:Fran Walsh (Screenwriter), Philippa Boyens (Screenwriter), Peter Jackson (1961) (Screenwriter), Guillermo Del Toro (Screenwriter), J. R. R. Tolkien [J.R.R. Tolkien] (Original Material By)
Length:183 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Ian McKellen as Gandalf
Martin Freeman as Bilbo
Richard Armitage as Thorin
Ken Stott as Balin
Graham McTavish as Dwalin

Plot:
The first in a trilogy of films based on the enduring masterpiece The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey follows title character Bilbo Baggins, who - along with the Wizard Gandalf and 13 Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield - is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome Dragon Smaug. Their journey will take them into the Wild, through treacherous lands inhabited by Goblins, Orcs and deadly Wargs, as well as a mysterious and sinister figure known only as the Necromancer. Along the path, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of ingenuity and courage that surprise even himself, he also gains possession of a "precious" ring tied to the fate of all Middle-Earth in ways he cannot begin to imagine.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

What a great start to an amazing story. The storyline draws you in so much that you are glued to the set. So much so that you don't even realize you been sitting there for three hours watching a movie. And even after a full three hours you are left wanting more. This story really does take you on a great adventure. And that isn't even touching on the gorgeous visuals this film has to offer. An epic story... a must see film!
Rating:
Pete