Author Topic: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon  (Read 38767 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 11:33:43 AM »
     The Body Snatcher (1945/United States)

Warner Home Video, Turner Entertainment
Director: Robert Wise
Writing:Robert Louis Stevenson (Original Material By), Philip MacDonald (Screenwriter), Val Lewton [Carlos Keith] (Screenwriter)
Length:77 min.
Rating:NR
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Boris Karloff as Cabman John Gray
Bela Lugosi as Joseph
Henry Daniell as Dr. Wolfe "Toddy"McFarlane
Edith Atwater as Meg Camden

Plot:
 Boris Karloff plays the title role in the Lewton adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's The Body Snatcher, directed with subtle calculation by versatile Robert Wise. A doctor (Henry Daniell) needs cadavers for medical studies and Karloff is willing to provide them - one way or another. Don't miss his scene with fellow horror icon Bela Lugosi.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is my favorite film in the "Val Lewton Horror Collection" box set. It is a film I enjoyed every second of. The thing about this horror film is it is something that can and probably did really happen. This is a true classic with an amazing cast. If you never seen this one before... it is one I highly recommend. A must see.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
TV Eps: 4
Movies: 2
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 11:52:18 AM »
     The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season: Disc Two

5. Wildfire
The group is led by their newest member to the Center for Disease Control while one of the members is forced to make a choice that has harsh consequences.

6. TS=19
An odd scientist lets the refugees into the Center for Disease Control. While they stay at the facility, everything seems peaceful, despite the events going on throughout the outside world. However, peace cannot last forever.

Stars:
Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh
Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes
Laurie Holden as Andrea
Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
These two episodes completes the short first season of the series. It is a great ending to the season... one that leaves us wanting so much more. I remembered when this first aired I couldn't stop wondering what the scientist whispered into Rick's ear at the end. I had a lot of fun re-watching the season. A highly recommended series that must be seen.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
TV Eps: 6
Movies: 2
Pete

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 10:44:37 PM »

The Haunting
Year of Release: 1963
Directed By: Robert Wise
Starring: Julie Harris, Claire Bloom, Richard Johnson, Russ Tamblyn
Genre: Horror

Overview:
"It was an evil house from the beginning, a house that was born bad." The place is the 90-year-old mansion called Hill House. No one lives there. Or so it seems. But please do come in. Because even if you don't believe in ghosts, there's no denying the terror of "The Haunting."

Robert Wise returned to psychological horror for this much admired, first screen adaptation of Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting of Hill House." Four people come to the house to study its supernatural phenomena. Or has the house drawn at least one of them to it? The answer will unnerve you in this "elegantly sinister scare movie. It's good fun" (Pauline Kael, "5001 Nights at the Movies").

My Thoughts:
What a great film!  There's no blood, no gore, no monsters - everything is completely unseen, and you never find out what exactly is going on.  Yet that only makes the events more sinister.  The house is perfectly realized, unsettling from the moment you see it.  The atmosphere is thick, stifling, and genuinely creepy. 

The performances are all quite good - though I never liked Eleanor's character, I thought Julie Harris did a good job with her.  However, what really shines for me is the direction, cinematography and design.  The camera angles, sound, lighting, everything about the way the film is made make it so very, very good.  Highly recommended.

I really want to get this one on blu-ray.

Bechdel Test: Pass

Overall: 4.5/5
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 07:46:57 PM »
     The Haunting (1963/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Warner Home Video
Director:Robert Wise
Writing:Nelson Gidding (Screenwriter), Shirley Jackson (Original Material By)
Length:112 min.
Rating:G
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Julie Harris as Eleanor Lance
Claire Bloom as Theodora
Richard Johnson as Dr. John Markway
Russ Tamblyn as Luke Sanderson
Fay Compton as Mrs. Sanderson
Rosalie Crutchley as Mrs. Dudley

Plot:
"It was an evil house from the beginning, a house that was born bad." The place is the 90-year-old mansion called Hill House. No one lives there. Or so it seems. But please do come in. Because even if you don't believe in ghosts, there's no denying the terror of "The Haunting."

Robert Wise returned to psychological horror for this much admired, first screen adaptation of Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting of Hill House." Four people come to the house to study its supernatural phenomena. Or has the house drawn at least one of them to it? The answer will unnerve you in this "elegantly sinister scare movie. It's good fun" (Pauline Kael, "5001 Nights at the Movies").

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I must say... I liked this one more on the second viewing. On first viewing I found it to be a little too slow for my taste... and was expecting more. On this second viewing... knowing ahead of time what to expect I enjoyed it much more. Very good story... great cast and wonderful atmosphere. Definitely well worth watching.

My Rating:

Scorecard:

Movies: 3
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 08:40:36 PM »
    The Cabin in the Woods (2012/United States)
Lions Gate Entertainment
Director:Drew Goddard
Writing:Joss Whedon (Writer), Drew Goddard (Writer)
Length:95 min.
Rating:Rated R : Strong Bloody Horror Violence and Gore, Language, Drug Use and Some Sexuality/Nudity
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Sigourney Weaver as The Director
Kristen Connolly as Dana
Chris Hemsworth as Curt
Anna Hutchison as Jules
Fran Kranz as Marty
Jesse Williams as Holden

Plot:
A rambunctious group of five college friends steal away for a weekend of debauchery in an isolated country cabin, only to be attacked by horrific supernatural creatures in a night of endless terror and bloodshed. Sound familiar? Just wait. As the teens begin to exhibit standard horror-movie behavior, a group of technicians in a control room are scrutinizing, and sometimes even controlling, every move the terrified kids make! With their efforts continually thwarted by an all-powerful "eye in the sky," do they have any chance of escape?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Digital Copy
  • BonusView Mode

My Thoughts:
Watched this one today... I seen this once before during last year's Ocober marathon. I enjoyed it just as much this time as I did last time. I found it to just be a fun film with a nice amount of gore and lots of creatures. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
Movies: 4
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:44:56 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 01:55:24 AM »
I might have the original The Haunting..maybe in a collection of several movies.  I'll have to look sometime.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 03:46:42 PM »
    The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season: Disc 1

1. What Lies Ahead
Rick leads the group out of Atlanta. On the highway, they are stopped by a threat unlike anything they have seen before. The group searches for someone who has gone missing.

2. Bloodletting
Desperate to find help for Carl, Rick heads for Hershel's Farm. Meanwhile, the rest of the group continues to hunt for Sophia in the woods. Finally, Shane and Otis head into the nearby town to scavange supplies in order to save Carl's life.

3. Save the Last One
The Greene Family and the Grimes family wait for Otis and Shane to return with the medical supplies for Carl. Meanwhile, Shane and Otis find themselves trapped in a school with hungry walkers waiting to eat them. Finally, Daryl and Andrea continue the hunt for Sophia.

4. Cherokee Rose
The survivors have to deal with a huge walker that has fallen into one of the Greene Family's wells. The search for Sophia continues with Daryl finding a sign. Glenn and Maggie go into the town for some supplies, but end up doing more than just scavanging for medicine.Rick and Hershel have a discussion over God's role in the world and about how long Rick's group can stay at Hershel's farm. Finally, Lori asks Glenn to bring her a special item which could have grave effects on her family.

Stars:
Laurie Holden as Andrea
Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
This is the beginning of what I think is my favorite season so far. The farmhouse season is a great continuation from the first season. I really like all the new characters and all of the episodes on this disc are very strong. The story really draws you in... making it so you can't wait to watch the next episode.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
TV Eps: 10
Movies: 4
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 04:22:31 PM »
    Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein: Comedy Legends (1948/United States)
Director:Charles T. Barton
Writing:Robert Lees (Screenwriter), Frederic I. Rinaldo (Screenwriter), John Grant (Screenwriter)
Length:83 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Bud Abbott as Chick
Lou Costello as Wilbur
Lon Chaney, Jr. as Lawrence Talbot
Bela Lugosi as Dracula
Glenn Strange as Monster
Lenore Aubert as Sandra Mornay

Plot:
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein continues the horror-comedy series and features "the boys" with their usual quota of familiar routines providing the backbone of the plot by becoming Count Dracula's victim for a brain transplant. Lon Chaney, Jr. appears as the Wolf Man along with Dracula played by Bela Lugosi and Glenn Strange as the Frankenstein monster.

Abbott and Costello, as railroad baggage clerks, receive a strange shipment—the last remains of Dracula and Frankenstein's monster. But this deadly duo is still very much alive. So when the shipment arrives at the House of Horrors, the Monsters are not in their crates but have disappeared to a secret hideaway island. Blamed for the disappearance, Abbott and Costello follow their trail to the island where not only do they meet up with Dracula (Bela Lugosi) and the Monster (Glenn Strange), but a Mad Scientist (Charles Bradstreet) who wants to switch Costello's brain with that of the Monster. With everyone chasing each other, the Wolf Man (Lon Chaney, Jr.) shows up to scare them all. In the end everything works out: Costello finds romance and the Monsters find their final resting places…or do they?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Whether you are a fan of horror or comedy... this is a must see. You just can't go wrong with this classic comedy team. Not only do you get the genious of Abbott and Costello... you get the likes of Lon Chaney, Jr. and Bela Lugosi recurring ther famous monster roles. This film is just so much fun... more then worth the time put in to watch it. A must see!

My Rating:

Scorecard:
Movies: 5
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:35:10 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 05:30:10 PM »
     Quarantine (2008/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:John Erick Dowdle
Writing:John Erick Dowdle (Screenwriter), Drew Dowdle (Screenwriter), Jaume Balagueró (Original Material By), Luis A. Berdejo (Original Material By), Paco Plaza (Original Material By)
Length:89 min.
Rating:Rated R : Bloody Violent and Disturbing Content, Terror and Language
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Jennifer Carpenter as Angela Vidal
Steve Harris (1965) as Scott Percival
Jay Hernandez as Jake
Johnathon Schaech as George Fletcher
Columbus Short as Danny Wilensky
Andrew Fiscella as James McCreedy

Plot:
When a news team decides to tail a brave firefighting team, they never suspect that the first call for help they responded to that night may be their last. Now they’re trapped in an apartment complex sealed off by the government. With no way of escape, they find themselves surrounded by frightened residents who are infected with a deadly mutant virus. What happens next is only known because of the footage they left behind.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:
This is one of those "found footage" films. So if you do not like that style of movie then this one is definitely not for you. I personally enjoy that style of movie. It is definitely not the best one of this type that I have seen... but I did enjoy it. I like that they had Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter's sister on Dexter) in this movie. Since first seeing her on Dexter I have become a fan of her's. I liked the base storyline. I liked how they had fun with Jennifer Carpenter's character's interaction with the firemen before things got serious... and I liked how things progressed once they got to the apartment complex. Though I do think some of the scenes were a little too dark which took away from the enjoyment a little.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
Movies: 6
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 04:50:33 PM »
     The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season: Disc 2

5. Chupacabra
Rick and Shane argue about whether the search for Sophia should end. Daryl gets hurt and has a hallucination involving someone from his past. Hershel warns Maggie to keep her distance from Rick's group. And Glenn finds out why Hershel doesn't want the group near the barn.

6. Secrets
Revelations begin to come out among the members of the group. Shane teaches Andrea how to fire a weapon but the desire to put the past behind him and focus on survival eats at him. Glenn wrestles with keeping his secret about the barn Walkers from the group. Lori confides in Dale about her pregnancy.

7. Pretty Much Dead Already
The secret of the Walkers in the barn is fully exposed and Shane forces a decision to be made about them. Herschel has given Rick an ultimatum that his group must leave.

8. Nebraska
After the destruction of his family, Herschel demands that Rick and his group leaves immediately. Shane and Rick's differences begin to openly erupt.

Stars:
Laurie Holden as Andrea
Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary

My Thoughts:
Really getting back into this show... loving every second of it. Especially this disc as it has the big barn surprise in it....and even knowing what is coming,,, they did it in a way that it is still thrilling to watch it all play out even knowing the outcome. Most highly recommended.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
TV Eps: 14
Movies: 6
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 09:37:50 PM »
     Twice Told Tales: Midnite Movies Double Feature (1963/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
MGM Home Entertainment
Director:Sidney Salkow
Writing:Nathaniel Hawthorne (Original Material By), Robert E. Kent (Screenwriter)
Length:120 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.66:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:French, Spanish

Stars:
Vincent Price (1911) as Medbourne/Rappaccini/Pyncheon
Sebastian Cabot as Dr. Carl Heidigger
Brett Halsey as Giovanni Guasconti
Beverly Garland as Alice Pyncheon
Richard Denning as Jonathan Maulle
Mari Blanchard as Sylvia Ward

Plot:
It's spine-tingling terror... in triplicate! "Virtuoso of horror" (Los Angeles Times) Vincent Price dials up the depravity in this spellbinding trilogy of Nathaniel Hawthorne's "all-chiller" (LA Herald-Examiner) classics! Featuring "a demented genius! Poisonous plants! Oozing blood! [And] a corpse in a wedding gown" (The Film Daily), Twice Told Tales spins three diabolical nightmares of madness, mayhem and murder most foul!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:
This is one that is in Danae Cassandra's collection. My first thought when I saw the opening credits... Vincent Price! A favorite of mine... can't go wrong here. And it didn't go wrong. I enjoyed this one quite a bit... it isn't my favorite Vincent Price movie out there... but it is definitely a good one.. one I hope to add to my own collection at some point.

This film is an anthology... it has 3 separate stories in the one film.... all three starring Vincent Price. My favorite segment is the last one... very good. Followed by the first segment... which I also enjoyed quite a bit. the second segment unfortunately left some to be desired. But over all I would say this one is definitely worth the time put in to watch it. Recommended.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
Movies: 7
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 12:19:50 AM »
     The Return of the Living Dead: Collector's Edition (1984/United States)
MGM Home Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Dan O'Bannon
Writing:Rudy Ricci (Story By), John A. Russo [John Russo] (Story By), Russell Streiner (Story By), Dan O'Bannon (Screenwriter)
Length:91 min.
Rating:R
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Other

Stars:
Clu Gulager as Burt
James Karen as Frank
Don Calfa as Ernie
Thom Mathews as Freddy
Beverly Randolph as Tina
John Philbin as Chuck

Plot:
Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the cemetery — those brain-eating zombies are back and hungry for more tasty mortals. A fiendish mix of outrageous humor and heart-stopping terror, The Return of the Living Dead is a "Veritable smorgasbord of fun" (LA Herald-Examiner) filled with skin-crawling jolts, eye-popping visuals and relentless surprise!

On his first day on the job at an army surplus store, poor Freddy unwittingly releases nerve gas from a secret U.S. military canister, unleashing an unbelievable terror. The gas reanimates a corps of corpses, who arise from their graves with a ravenous hunger for human brains! And luckily for those carnivorous cadavers, there is a group of partying teens nearby, just waiting to be eaten!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I have always enjoyed quite a bit and watch every year in my big horror marathon. It has a nice mixture of horror and comedy that is just fun to watch. I really liked Linnea Quigley's character in this one. And thought it was a nice touch that they made it so her worse fear is realized in this movie. I just see this one to be a lot of fun... and when I watch this every October I then know my horror marathon is a go. This is one that is definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
Movies: 8
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 02:52:28 AM »
     Night of the Demons (2009/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
E1 Entertainment
Director:Adam Gierasch
Writing:Jace Anderson (Screenwriter), Adam Gierasch (Screenwriter), Joe Augustyn (Original Material By)
Length:93 min.
Rating:Rated R : Bloody Horror Violence/Gore and Language Throughout, Some Sexuality, Nudity and Drug Use
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Tatyana Kanavka as Evangeline Broussard
Michael Arata as Louis Devereaux
Shannon Elizabeth as Angela
Linnea Quigley as Ballerina Lady

Plot:
Angela (Shannon Elizabeth) is throwing a decadent Halloween party at New Orleans' infamous Broussard Mansion. But after the police break up the festivities, Maddie (Monica Keena) and a few friends stay behind. Trapped inside the locked mansion gates, the remaining guests uncover a horrifying secret and soon fall victim to seven vicious, blood-thirsty demons.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
Just finished this one. I definitely prefer the original over this remake. Don't get me wrong... it has it's moments to make it entertaining enough to watch... but leaves a lot to be desired. There is a scene or two that is overly gross when it doesn't have to be. Some of the special effects are not very convincing... and don't get me wrong... I am no prude. I like seeing a naked girl as much as the next straight guy... but this one had nude scenes to the point that it pretty much got boring. Look another topless woman... yawn. So... I would say if you can watch this one for free... go for it... why not? But it is not one would really recommend. It is no more then average... maybe slightly below average in my opinion.

My Rating:

Scorecard:
Movies: 9
Pete

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 05:00:38 AM »

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Year of Release: 1948
Directed By: Charles T. Barton
Starring: Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Lon Chaney Jr., Bela Lugosi, Glenn Strange
Genre: Comedy, Horror

Overview:
Comedy meets horror when Bud and Lou encounter Frankenstein's monster, Dracula and The Wolf Man!

My Thoughts:
This is a very fun romp combining comedy and horror. Abbott and Costello are always funny, and it's a treat to see Bela Lugosi as Dracula again. Sure, there are lots of laughs, but the horror elements are kinda spooky and the monsters are treated with a lot of respect. The film works because of that - it doesn't fall into being too silly or too much of a spoof. The spoof elements combine nicely with the film also being an homage to Universal's classic monsters. Lots of fun, highly recommended.

Bechdel Test: Fail

Overall: 3.75/5
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 05:05:06 AM »

Twice Told Tales
Year of Release: 1963
Directed By: Sidney Salkow
Starring: Vincent Price, Sebastian Cabot, Brett Halsey, Beverly Garland,
Genre: Horror

Overview:
It's spine-tingling terror... in triplicate! "Virtuoso of horror" (Los Angeles Times) Vincent Price dials up the depravity in this spellbinding trilogy of Nathaniel Hawthorne's "all-chiller" (LA Herald-Examiner) classics! Featuring "a demented genius! Poisonous plants! Oozing blood! [And] a corpse in a wedding gown" (The Film Daily), Twice Told Tales spins three diabolical nightmares of madness, mayhem and murder most foul!

My Thoughts:
This anthology film stars one of my all-time favorite actors, Vincent Price, so there's no way as far as I'm concerned to go too far wrong here. If you like Price, you'll enjoy this film.

That's not to say that all things are equal. The final story, "The House of Seven Gables" is by far the best one, and has the most atmosphere and horror attached. Price's character is also the only truly villainous one in this piece, unlike the tortured characters in the other two stories. The first story, "Dr. Heidegger's Experiment," is also quite good, the horror being more subtle here than in the final piece, but nonetheless present. The middle story, "Rappaccini's Daughter," I find to be the weakest and most predictable. There is the horror of the situation, but overall it is also the least 'horrific' if one can use the term here.

Recommended for fans of Price, or fans of 60's style horror. If you liked Tales of Terror (which is arguably better, but still...) you'll like this.

Bechdel Test: Fail

Overall: 3/5
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:06:38 AM by Danae Cassandra »
-- Thorin Oakenshield