Author Topic: Charmed: The Complete Series  (Read 1760 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Charmed: The Complete Series
« on: March 21, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »

Charmed: The Complete Series
Housed in The Book of Shadows replica

The supernatural saga begins! Now you can enjoy all 173 episodes of this exciting, critically acclaimed series in this 49-disc DVD collection. Charmed: The Complete Series contains all eight seasons of suspenseful drama, crafty humor and spellbinding effects plus brand-new special features. Experience the “Power of Three” with the Charmed Ones as they face challenging romances, formidable enemies and tragic twists of fate.

Meet the beautiful and bewitching Halliwell sisters –– the vulnerable Prue (Shannon Doherty), who can magically move objects; the shy Piper (Holly Marie Combs), who is able to freeze time; and the uninhibited Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), who can see the future. These modern-day witches are strong individually, but it’s only when they put aside their differences and band together as the Charmed Ones that they can summon the “Power of Three” to vanquish evil and protect the innocent. Charmed will hold you spellbound as you journey inside a mystical world of time travel, fantasy and paranormal action. Experience the siblings’ exciting discovery of their magical half-sister Paige (Rose McGowan) plus all the thrills and gripping suspense as they go head-to-head against demons and warlocks – and sometimes even each other. With each climactic season finale the Charmed Ones face their biggest challenges in love, life and death…and the final episode’s ultimate showdown will leave you breathless!

Stars:
Shannon Doherty as Prue
Holly Marie Combs as Piper
Alyssa Milano as Phoebe
Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
T.W. King as Inspector Andy Trudeau
Dorian Gregory as Inspector Darryl Morris
Jennifer Rhodes   as Grams
Drew Fuller    as Chris
Finola Hughes as Patty Halliwell

My Thoughts:
The Packaging:
I really have a love/hate relationship with this packaging. On one hand I think it is an extremely cool idea to use a replica of the Book of Shadows.  And it came out great! I love the look and feel of it. And it is a perfect size with lots of pages of information you can read... including a complete episode guide for the series.  But on the other hand I am not thrilled with how the actual discs are housed on the pages of the book. I fear with multiple viewings the discs will become scratched.

The Show:
As most of you know already... I love this series. It is one of my all time favorite series. Sure... some seasons are better then others... but on a whole it is one of my all-time favorite shows. Because of this series I became a fan of all the actresses that have played the sisters. The discs included are the same discs released in the individual season sets. This means there is no real extras until the final season of the series. Speaking of the final season. For you fans of the Big Bang Theory out there... Kaley Cuoco (Penny on TBBT) joins the cast as a young witch that the sisters take in and train. If by chance you never seen this series... it is one I highly recommend!

Bonus Disc:
Buying the complete series set is the only way to get this bonus disc. The disc includes...

Unaired Pilot:
This is a 30 minute version of the pilot episode. The main difference is that a different actress plays one of the sisters (Phoebe) and a different actor plays Inspector Andy Trudeau. It is a fun watch... though weird seeing Charmed without Alyssa Milano.

There is also a whole series of Featurettes:
- The Demons of Charmed
- Charmed Effects
- The Men of Charmed
- The Book of Shadows
- The Power of Three
- Directing Charmed
- The Making of a Monster

I haven't watched all the featurettes yet... but what I have watched so far has been interesting.

Over-all Thoughts:
I originally had all 8 of the individual season sets... which I traded off to get the complete series set. And I must say... I really a glad I did. Not only is the complete set very cool... it gave me a reason to re-watch the series again. Over-all I feel the complete series set is more then worth it. I just wish the discs themselves were housed differently.

My Rating:

Pete

RossRoy

Re: Charmed: The Complete Series
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 03:20:25 PM »
I have that set and I love it! I bought a music stand (like the ones they have in orchestras to hold their music) and the book is on it in a corner of my dvd room - it looks glorious! (well, when I remember to dust it anyway  :-[)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Charmed: The Complete Series
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »
Never got into the show. I watched the Pilot twice with a year in between. Never got to the second episode.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools