Author Topic: Super Buddies  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Super Buddies
« on: February 05, 2014, 04:56:54 AM »

Super Buddies
Year of Release: 2013
Directed By: Robert Vince
Starring: Trey Loney, John Ratzenberger, Jeremy Shinder, Cooper Roth, G. Hannelius, Ty Panitz, Tenzing Trainor
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi

Overview:
Watch the fur fly as a new breed of superhero is born in Disney's fun-filled epic adventure.

An ordinary day at Fernfield Farms turns extraordinary when Budderball, Mudbud, B-Dawg, Buddha and Rosebud discover mysterious rings that grant them each a unique superpower. Before you can say, "Buddies, assemble," the pups unleash their amazing abilities and race to the rescue when a shape-shifting bully from outer space threatens the planet. But can they succeed in kicking major tail without revealing their new secret identities?

A must-own movie event packed with laughter, action and incredible new characters, Super Buddies proves when you use your wits and work together, you don't need superpowers to be a superhero!

My Thoughts:
I don't know that there's much of a review to write here.  The plot is cheesy, the performances about average, the production values straight-to-DVD.   Yet, I have all the Buddies movies, and I've enjoyed watching them all.  So ask yourself these questions to know if this film is for you:

Have you watched and enjoyed any of the other Buddies movies?   Do you want to watch a kids movie about talking puppies with super powers?  Do you want a movie that's family friendly, kid friendly, and super hero themed?  If any of that gets a yes, you'll enjoy this film.

Are you expecting something besides silly fun?  Do you need deep seated angst in your super heroes?  If those get a yes, you should skip this movie.

Bechdel Test: Fail

Overall: 2.5/5
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield