Author Topic: Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
« on: January 20, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »

Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
Year of Release: 2013
Directed By: Eric Radomski, Leo Riley
Starring: Adrian Pasdar, Fred Tatasciore, Dee Bradley Baker
Genre: Action

Overview:
Marvel makes cinematic history again with the most unexpected team-up in the universe! Joining forces for the first time ever, Hulk's pulverizing brute strength and Tony Stark's high-tech brainpower comes together to face-off against the ultimate enemy.

When "Zzzax," a seemingly invincible, energy-devouring monster, threatens to destroy the planet, Marvel's unlikelist pairing of Avengers is mankind's only hope. Alone, neither can defeat the awesome power of Zzax. As a duo, they just might have a chance – if they can find a way to work together without smashing heads before time runs out!

Packed with explosive action, loaded with explosive bonus features and presented in groundbreaking Marvel CG Animation, Marvel's Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United is a must-own movie event that will blow you away!

My Thoughts:
This is a poorly done direct-to-video superhero smashfest.  The animation is frankly terrible - shoddy, cheap, awkward, blurry, poorly focused, and with terrible character design.  The script reads like a throw-away monster-of-the-week 80's comic - there's no depth, not much character and the lines are incredibly cheesy.  I did chuckle a couple of times, and I'd rather watch this than 12:08 Out of Bucharest, so that's gotta count for something.  However, unless you have a small child who's a big fan of these characters (for whom the cheesy dialogue and poor art won't matter so much) you can feel good about skipping this.

Bechdel Test: Fail

Overall: 2/5
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »
Completely agree... was definitely disappointed in this one.
Pete