Author Topic: Doctor Who Marathon  (Read 40130 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Doctor Who Marathon
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:15 AM »
It isn't that I haven't been in the mood for the Doctor.  Work got nuts and I've had no time to watch anything.  But it is starting to slow down a bit again, so I hope to get going on this soon.

I was going to post about some of the older episodes that were part of the specials on Epinions...but after today, I can't do that - Epinions is basically shut down.  So I may do that for my blog or this other site I just barely tried last year. 

I will do this...I just will probably be the last one done...again.   :hysterical:  But I will do it.

I did add to my Who collection over the weekend.  I got some keychains - TARDIS, sonic screwdriver, a red Dalek.  A sonic screwdriver flashlight..a blanket/throw that has all the Doctors through Matt Smith on it...well...no War Doctor..I believe the image on it was done before the 50th anniversary episode..a poster tied to the 50th anniversary episode.  I am using the TARDIS and sonic screwdriver keychains...I needed a new one for my car keys.  The one I had was sprung or something.  So now I have the TARDIS and sonic screwdriver for my car keys.  Both of them have little flash lights too.  The sonic screwdrivers - keychain and flashlight are based on Tennant's sonic.  There is a TARDIS lamp that I really want.  I've held out for like a year so far...but I may break down and get it.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 10:24:26 PM »
Doctor Who
Series 2.01 New Earth
Writer: Russell T Davies (Writer)
Director: James Hawes
Cast: David Tennant (The Doctor), Billie Piper (Rose Tyler), Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Noel Clarke (Mickey Smith), Zoƫ Wanamaker (Cassandra), Sean Gallagher (Chip), Dona Croll (Matron Casp), Michael Fitzgerald (Duke of Manhattan), Lucy Robinson (Fran Clovis), Adjoa Andoh (Sister Jatt), Anna Hope (Novice Hame), Simon Ludders (Patient), Struan Rodger (Face of Boe)

An okay episode, but nothing really special. I like the makeup effect of the cat people. And we get to see Face of Boe again.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 10:16:15 PM »
Doctor Who
Series 2.02 Tooth and Claw
Writer: Russell T Davies (Writer)
Director: Euros Lyn
Cast: David Tennant (The Doctor), Billie Piper (Rose Tyler), Pauline Collins (Queen Victoria), Ian Hanmore (Father Angelo), Michelle Duncan (Lady Isobel), Derek Riddell (Sir Robert), Jamie Sives (Captain Reynolds), Ron Donachie (Steward), Thomas J. Smith (The Host), Ruthie Milne (Flora)

Not one of my favorites. I don't think that Doctor Who and a werewolf story fit together. This episode shows the foundation of the Torchwood institute.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »
Doctor Who
Series 2.03 School Reunion
Writer: Toby Whithouse (Writer), Bob Baker (Original Characters By), Dave Martin (Original Characters By)
Director: James Hawes
Cast: David Tennant (The Doctor), Billie Piper (Rose Tyler), Noel Clarke (Mickey Smith), Anthony Head (Mr Finch), Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), Rod Arthur (Mr Parsons), Eugene Washington (Mr Wagner), Heather Cameron (Nina), Joe Pickley (Kenny), Benjamin Smith (Luke), Clem Tibber (Milo), Lucinda Dryzek (Melissa), Caroline Berry (Dinner Lady), John Leeson (Voice of K9)

The story itself is nothing special, but it is great to see the doctor reunite with Sarah Jane Smith. And I like how the meeting affects Rose.