Author Topic: New home for phpDVDProfiler  (Read 2347 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
New home for phpDVDProfiler
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »
Hi guys,

just so you know, I'm planning on adding a few new forums for the support of phpDVDProfiler in the next weeks.

Their original home is here: http://dvdaholic.me.uk/forums/index.php

The problem is that Fredlooks is not the admin of that site. A few weeks ago mediadogg from the Invelos forums tried to register there. Since he had problems getting past the security questions I also registered a second test account there. We finally managed to give the right answer but the accounts still need be be approved by the admin. And he seems to have gone AWOL. I don't know if the admin is on a prolonged vacation and is about to return shortly or if he just lost interest.

Anyway, as I said, I intend to add a couple of support forums in a new section of this board. :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:56:07 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New home for phpDVDProfiler
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »
Andy (ajm) seems to have lost interest quite a while back. While he obviously hasn't shut down the site, he also seems to barely visit (if at all, I haven't checked) and also obviously is to doing his admits ration duties. You should not expect him to return.

I hope he is well, whatever he is doing now.

Have you talked to Fred about this? If he doesn't have one, I might be able to look up an old e-mail address for Andy, so you guys could at least let him know that things are moving on.

EDIT:
Now I have looked. He has not logged in since December 2012. His phpDVDprofiler shows the latest watched event in January 2013.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:39:35 PM by Achim »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »
Yeah, I did not build a new phpDVDProfiler forum without consulting Fred first. ;)

The problem seems to be that ajm doesn't approve new registrations which stops mediadogg from downloading the software (only registered users see the files).
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 06:03:44 AM »
Yeah, I did not build a new phpDVDProfiler forum without consulting Fred first. ;)

The problem seems to be that ajm doesn't approve new registrations which stops mediadogg from downloading the software (only registered users see the files).
Only after posting did I see that Fred is moderator in this section, at which point I fully understood. In fact, I had accessed all threads from the front page, so I hadn't noticed yet that I was indeed in a new section...

Like I said, Andy was even absent for the last nine months, so obviously also no admin duties in that time.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »
Is it normal, that the posts in these new forums do not appear in the "unread posts since last visit" list?

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »
Is it normal, that the posts in these new forums do not appear in the "unread posts since last visit" list?

Now it should. Thanks for the hint
Karsten