Author Topic: Mirror Mirror  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Mirror Mirror
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
Mirror Mirror

I wanted to see Mirror Mirror from the first time I saw a preview of the movie. 

The movie is a version of Snow White.  It tells the same basic story of Snow White growing up with a stepmother after her father disappears.  The stepmother keeps Snow confined to the castle before trying to do away with her.  There are a few new elements, like the Queen having money problems and deciding to marry the young Prince Alcott who shows up and the dwarves being bandits.  Some of what happens is a bit predictable since the basic story is so well known, but that doesn't keep the movie from being fun and entertaining.  There are even a few small surprises thanks to the changes to the story.  There is a decent amount of humor added that I think works.  Some people might think that the movie is too silly.  Some parts are a little silly, but that works for the movie, helping to make it fun and entertaining.  The characters are all tweaked in ways that are interesting and the cast is great.  I really enjoyed the movie and I'm sure I'll add it to my collection eventually.

I did post a longer review of the movie at Epinions.

Mirror Mirror