Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 131866 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2012, 07:04:20 AM »
I didn't mind him in Face/Off, I just figured his character is a complete lunatic... The best Hollywood movie by John Woo, which isn't really saying much, but I mean it. For me face/Off always seemed like the only film where he could do what he wants. Maybe also in Windtalkers (hmmmm, Cage again, but actually quite calm there), but that wasn't very good.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »
I didn't mind him in Face/Off, I just figured his character is a complete lunatic... The best Hollywood movie by John Woo, which isn't really saying much, but I mean it. For me face/Off always seemed like the only film where he could do what he wants. Maybe also in Windtalkers (hmmmm, Cage again, but actually quite calm there), but that wasn't very good.

Really .. i the John Woo stuff that I have seen .. 1996 "Broken Arrow", 1997 "Face/Off", 2001 "Windtalkers" and 2003    "Paycheck" although with Paycheck i have to admit almost anyone would be better than Ben Affleck :).  Not rocket science but really adventure/action films really seldom are.  Just a fun watch

Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
Cool, now i got some new suggestions for a few new movies. Thanks Dsig! =)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2012, 12:56:16 PM »
Yupp,
this site is among the most expensive of the whole wide Internet.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »
Yupp,
this site is among the most expensive of the whole wide Internet.

Hehe! :D well, if i find a good movie once in a while, i guess its ok! ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »

Title: Manhunter
Year: 1986
Director: Michael Mann
Rating: 18
Length: 120 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Engelsk

Stars:
William L. Petersen [William Petersen]
Kim Greist
Joan Allen
Brian Cox (1946)
Dennis Farina
Stephen Lang

Plot:
Will Graham is a former FBI agent who recently retired to Florida with his wife Molly and their young son. Graham was a 'profiler'; one who profiles criminal's behavior and tries to put his mind into the minds of criminals to examine their thoughts while visiting crime scenes. Will is called out of his self-imposed retirement at the request of his former boss Jack Crawford to help the FBI catch an elusive serial killer, known to the press as the 'Tooth Fairy', who randomly kills whole families in their houses during nights of the full moon and leaves bite marks on his victims. To try to search for clues to get into the mind of the killer, Will has occasional meetings with Dr. Hannibal Lecktor, a charismatic but very dangerous imprisoned serial killer that Will captured years earlier which nearly drove him insane from the horrific encounter that nearly cost Will's life.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Director's Cut in SD with Commentary.

My Review:
Well, this a movie that i didnt even know was in the Hannibal series, before a few years ago! When a friend of mine asked me if i've seen this one before. And i didnt know about it, since its so many years before the other movies. And i havent read the books or anything. And for the movie i really enjoyed it, from start to finish. It was nice to see Will Petersen in something else than "Gil Grissom" I really enjoyed his part in this. What i didnt like with the movie however was that Sir Anthony Hopkins wasnt in it. Something i was hoping for, since he is in the other movies i mean. I dont know if it is a reason since they did that, that way. But other then that, a real good movie, with a interesting story. And a good horror movie! And i recommand this one for all the horror lovers\Hannibal lovers, that havent seen this one yet.

My Rating:
5/6
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:12:08 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2012, 01:14:14 AM »
This is indeed a great film.  I have this in the first VHS .. William Peterson was great in this.  Of course Anthony Hopkins probably wasn't even a SIR when this was made :) It was the first  "Hannibal the Cannibal" film made. 

And Michael Mann did a great job directing.  And of course any film that the last 18 minutes is to the long version of In-a-Gadda-da-Vida can't be bad .. crashing through the window at the crescendo was a very good bit .. Oh my

Thank you
David

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2012, 06:09:22 AM »
This is indeed a great film.  I have this in the first VHS .. William Peterson was great in this.  Of course Anthony Hopkins probably wasn't even a SIR when this was made :) It was the first  "Hannibal the Cannibal" film made.
Anthony Hopkins is not in thisw one ;) Hannibal Lector is played by Brioan Cox, if memory serves. Some people seem toeven prefer his interpretation of Lecter over Hopkins'.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
This is indeed a great film.  I have this in the first VHS .. William Peterson was great in this.  Of course Anthony Hopkins probably wasn't even a SIR when this was made :) It was the first  "Hannibal the Cannibal" film made.
Anthony Hopkins is not in thisw one ;) Hannibal Lector is played by Brioan Cox, if memory serves. Some people seem toeven prefer his interpretation of Lecter over Hopkins'.

You are totally correct my friend, It was Brian Cox who played HL in Manhunter. Wich i didnt like, beacuse AH plays HL in the rest of the movies. I dont know if it is a reason why did it this way or not. But i think he should have been there anyways :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2012, 01:11:36 PM »
Wich i didnt like, beacuse AH plays HL in the rest of the movies. I dont know if it is a reason why did it this way or not. But i think he should have been there anyways :)

Now this is a bit like dismissing Nosferatu (1922) because the vampire was played by Max Schreck and not by Robert Pattinson, isn't it?

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »
Wich i didnt like, beacuse AH plays HL in the rest of the movies. I dont know if it is a reason why did it this way or not. But i think he should have been there anyways :)

Now this is a bit like dismissing Nosferatu (1922) because the vampire was played by Max Schreck and not by Robert Pattinson, isn't it?

I wouldnt say so really :) Since AH has played in all of the other HL movies.. But thats just me tho :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2012, 06:22:25 AM »
I understand what you are saying, but shouldn't we be more sad that it wasn't Brian Cox all the way...? After all, Manhunter was first. ;)

Anyway, Manhunter was basically remade into Red Dragon; continuity restored :D

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2012, 09:11:32 AM »
Hehe, good point! ;) and anyways i really like the Hannibal series.. So i'm looking forward to start rewatching them on blu-ray as soon i got some time on my hands to get it done! :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
I understand what you are saying, but shouldn't we be more sad that it wasn't Brian Cox all the way...? After all, Manhunter was first. ;)

Except that "Red Dragon" wasn't as good as "Manhunter" :)
Thank you
David

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »

Except that "Red Dragon" wasn't as good as "Manhunter" :)
That might be because Anthony Hopkins didn't appear in it.  :tease: :laugh: