Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 128328 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #810 on: June 16, 2014, 02:10:20 AM »
You actually got it on Blu? 
It has been a while since I saw it, but I didn't care for it.  Thought it was a big mess.  I mostly liked the one that has John Travolta as the bad guy.  Very, very gory at times, but it is better than this one.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 17, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »

Title: The Company You Keep
Year: 2012
Director: Robert Redford
Rating: Rated 14A : Coarse Language, Mature Themes
Length: 121 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French

Stars:
Robert Redford
Shia LaBeouf
Julie Christie
Susan Sarandon
Nick Nolte
Chris Cooper

Plot:
Jim Grant (Robert Redford) is a civil rights lawyer and single father raising his daughter in the tranquil suburbs of Albany, New York. His world is turned upside down, when a brash young reporter named Ben Shepard (Shia LaBeouf), exposes Grant's true identity as a former 1970s antiwar radical fugitive wanted for murder. After living for more than 30 years underground as a lawyer, Grant must now go on the run. He is the center of a nationwide manhunt and with the FBI in hot pursuit, he sets off on a cross-country journey to track down the one person that can clear his name.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Dokumentar
Interviews

My Review:
Well, this was a blind buy. And i bought it because of Robert Redford. And the movie isnt anything i havent seen before. But they made it work somehow. Redford & Co made it work with what they had. And we do get some big names other then Redford aswell. its a allright thriller this one. But i have to say that Robert Redford isnt what he once was. He's getting older, and you can see that in this movie. But still an enjoyble movie.

My Rating:

And yes Marie, i got The Punisher on Blu! ;) I got it real cheap, couldnt resist. But i wouldnt doubledip tho.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 19, 2014, 06:26:52 PM »

Title: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows: Triple Play
Year: 2011
Director: Guy Ritchie
Rating: Rated 12 : Moderate Violence
Length: 129 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Tysk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Polish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Turkish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Icelandic, Italiensk, Norsk, Polish, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Turkish, Tysk

Stars:
Robert Downey, Jr. [Robert Downey Jr.]
Jude Law
Noomi Rapace
Rachel McAdams
Jared Harris
Stephen Fry (1957)

Plot:
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law return as Holmes and Watson in this acclaimed new action-thriller. This time, the sleuths face off against their greatest foe, Professor Moriarty, as they travel across Europe bent on thwarting the master criminal's plans for world domination.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Storyboard Comparisons
Picture-in-picture
BD-Live
Digital Copy
Maximum Movie Mode

My Review:
I just watched this again, between all the world cup matches! And the movie was actually allright. A few nice faces, but some familiar faces from the 1st aswell. The movie have some fun moments here and there. And Downey Jr is doing a good job as Mr.Holmes! For me, this was just a enjoyble sequal. If you enjoyed the first Sherlock Holmes you should check this one out. And the bluray comes with some cool extras, and great sound aswell!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 19, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »

Title: The American
Year: 2010
Director: Anton Corbijn
Rating: 15 år
Length: 105 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
George Clooney
Violante Placido
Thekla Reuten
Paolo Bonacelli
Johan Leysen
Irina Björklund

Plot:
Alone among assassins, Jack is a master craftsman. When a job in Sweden ends more harshly than expected for this American abroad, he vows to his contact Pavel that his next assignment will be his last. Jack reports to the Italian countryside, where he holes up in a small town and relishes being away from death for a spell. The assignment, as specified by a Belgian woman, Mathilde, is in the offing as a weapon is constructed. Surprising himself, Jack seeks out the friendship of local priest Father Benedetto and pursues romance with local woman Clara. But by stepping out of the shadows, Jack may be tempting fate.

Extras:
Slettede scener
Dokumentar

My Review:
Uhm, this was interesting really. I kinda enjoyed the movie overall. But they could have done so much more IMHO. The movie was real slow in some places, and then suddenly some of it seemed a bit rushed. And with George Clooney as the only lead, i kinda expected a bit more from him. Knowing what he's done before. But other than that, they made it work with what they got. All in all, if you find it for a cheap penny, check it out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 20, 2014, 04:02:37 PM »

Title: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: Limited Edition Steelbook
Year: 2011
Director: Tomas Alfredson
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Language, Sex, Violence and Bloody Injury Detail
Length: 127 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo, Audio Descriptive: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Mark Strong
John Hurt
Zoltán Mucsi
Péter Kálloy Molnár
Ilona Kassai
Imre Csuja

Plot:
When a disgraced spy surfaces with information concerning a double agent at the top of the British secret service, George Smiley (Gary Oldman), an ex-MI6 agent, is drawn back into the murky field of espionage. Tasked with investigating which of his trusted former colleagues has chosen to betray him and their country, Smiley narrows his search to four suspects — all experienced, skilled and successful agents.

However, past histories, rivalries and friendships make it far from easy to pinpoint the man who is eating away at the heart of the British establishment.

A number on UK box office smash, TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY features an acting masterclass from the best of British film including Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight), Colin Firth (The King's Speech), Tom Hardy (Inception), Mar Strong (Kick-Ass) and Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock). This gripping and tense adaptation of John le Carre's classic spy novel is essential viewing.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Interviews

My Review:
Well, i've had this in my unwatched pile for ages. And now i finally got around to watch it. And i can see why some people really liked it and why it got 3 Oscar noms for it. But for me it didnt quite work. The story was interesting, and the cast worked good together. And we had some great performances. But the whole movie just seemed a bit too rushed. And some of the cast just seemed to be in it for the money. For me this was just avrage.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 22, 2014, 03:15:35 PM »

Title: Jackass 3: Explosive Extended Edition
Year: 2010
Director:
Rating: Rated 15 : Extremely Crude and Dangerous Stunts, and Strong Nudity
Length: 94 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Tysk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Norsk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk

Stars:
Steve-O
Wee Man
Bam Magera
Johnny Knoxwille

Plot:
3 times the laughs. 3 times the stupid. 3 times the pain. The jackass guys are back for their wildest round of mischief and mayhem yet! You'll laugh 'till your bladder pops or your spleen spleens as Johnny Knoxville goes roller-skating in a buffalo herd, Bam Margera barrels through a hallway of high-voltage stun guns, and Steve-O takes to the skies in a fully-loaded porta-potty. Get ready to go AC or DC with your choice of theatrical or unrated version, loaded with all the outrageous footage not shown in theaters. So brace yourself for unbelievable and totally explicit stunts from the idiots you've comes to know and love from a safe and sanitary distance!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Digital Copy
Theatrical and Unrated Versions, 3D Glasses (2 Pairs)

My Review:
Well, either you like Jackass or you dont. And i actually love Jackass. All the crazy and stupid "stunts" they do. And the pain and all the embarrassing shiitake mushroom they are willing to do with their bodies, just for a quick buck.. Well wow! And i've actually watched all the Jackass movies. And maby that make me a bit childish? But you know, i'm laughing as hard everytime i watch'em. Just cheap fun!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 24, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »

Title: The LEGO Movie
Year: 2014
Director: Phil Lord, Christopher Miller
Rating: Rated PG : Mild Action And Rude Humor
Length: 102 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Will Arnett
Elizabeth Banks (1974)
Craig Berry
Alison Brie
David Burrows
Anthony Daniels

Plot:
The first-ever full-length theatrical LEGO® movie follows Emmet (Chris Pratt), an ordinary, rules- following, perfectly average LEGO® minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Outtakes/Bloopers
Digital Copy
'Everything is Awesome' Sing-Along

My Review:
I just watched this in 3D. And i think the movie was allright actually. We get to see some cool characters, some good voice acting. And it was amazing to see how good the details was from the legos. But the 3D wasnt the best i've seen. The dept wasnt any good, and the flying objects wasnt there almost. And a few other things. So check the movie out for a cheap penny, but dont bother with the 3D version IMHO.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 05, 2014, 01:08:45 PM »

Title: The Others
Year: 2001
Director: Alejandro Amenábar
Rating: PG
Length: 104 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French

Stars:
Nicole Kidman
Fionnula Flanagan
Christopher Eccleston
Alakina Mann
James Bentley
Eric Sykes

Plot:
Screen sensation Nicole Kidman delivers an utterly unforgettable performance in this scary and stylish suspense thriller! While awaiting her husband's return from war, Grace (Kidman) and her two young children live an unusually isolated existence behind the locked doors and drawn curtains of a secluded island mansion. Then, after three mysterious servants arrive and it becomes chillingly clear that there is far more to this house than can be seen, Grace finds herself in a terrifying fight to save her children and keep her sanity! Acclaimed by critics everywhere, the unpredictable twists and turns of this compelling hit will keep you guessing as it keeps you riveted to the edge of your seat!

Extras:

My Review:
I decided to finally check this out yesterday. And it was interesting. It was a cool ghost story, but the scaremoments wasnt there for me. And i too saw the twist come early on. For a horror movie i've seen better. But for just a ghost movie it was allright. I enjoyed the movie tho, but not as much as Pete. ;)  Check it out for a cheap penny.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 06, 2014, 07:03:31 AM »
I remember seeing The Others at the cinema when it came out originally. It was rather fresh and genuine back then.

(click to show/hide)

I should rewatch this as a rental maybe, it doesn't have much replay value overall.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 06, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »
I wont spoil too much, but i think you would like it when you rewatch it! I think you would get a cool surpise :D
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 06, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »

Title: Carrie
Year: 1976
Director: Brian De Palma
Rating: R
Length: 98 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono

Stars:
Sissy Spacek
Piper Laurie
Amy Irving
William Katt
John Travolta (1954)
Nancy Allen

Plot:
All hell breaks loose when a tortured, misfit teenager (Sissy Spacek) unleashes her secret telekinetic powers against her psychotic mother (Piper Laurie) and sadistic classmates. Based on the best-selling Stephen King novel, this ultimate revenge fantasy is one of the all-time great horror classics!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers

My Review:
I havent watched this before, but heard alot of great things about it. And i got the remake real cheap, so i decided to check this one out now. And the movie was actually pretty good IMHO. Some real good spots here and there. They made it work. Looking forward to check out the remake. This is must watch for horrorfans.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 07, 2014, 09:30:38 PM »

Title: Carrie
Year: 2013
Director: Kimberly Peirce
Rating: Rated R : Bloody Violence, Disturbing Images, Language and Some Sexual Content
Length: 92 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fench: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Julianne Moore
Chloë Grace Moretz
Gabriella Wilde
Portia Doubleday
Zoe Belkin
Samantha Weinstein

Plot:
Chloë Grace Moretz and OSCAR® Nominee Julianne Moore* star in this exhilarating reimagining of Stephen King's iconic best seller. After merciless taunting from classmates and abuse at the hand of her religious fanatic mother (Moore), Carrie's (Moretz) anger – and her telekinetic powers – are unleashed. And when a prom prank goes horribly wrong, events spiral out of control until the terrifying conclusion of this powerful, pulse-quickening horror story.

*Actress: 2002, Far From Heaven; 1999, The End of the Affair.
Supporting Actress: 2002, The Hours; 1997, Boogie Nights.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Digital Copy

My Review:
So, i just watched this after enjoying the orginal. And they did a' allright job with the remake i have to say. They didnt mess with the story too much really. Just some spots here and there. But even tho i enjoyed the movie, it wasnt as good as the original but still allright. If you liked the first movie, check this one out aswell.  Comes with some good extras aswell.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 08, 2014, 04:48:52 AM »
When Carrie first came out it was GREAT and it still holds up reasonably well.  I like much better than the first.  But then I am not big on remakes.  Like Let the Right One In vs Let Me in, or The Pink Panther vs the pink panther (groan).  I think the only redo I really liked was the Batman series and they took it a whole different direction.
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 13, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »

Title: The Family
Director: Luc Besson
Rating: Rated R : Violence, Language and Brief Sexuality
Length: 111 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Robert De Niro (1943)
Michelle Pfeiffer
Dianna Agron
John D'Leo
FBI Tommy Lee Jones

Plot:
Academy Award® Winners Robert De Niro* and Tommy Lee Jones** star in this action-comedy from executive producer Martin Scorsese and acclaimed director Luc Besson. A Mafia boss and his family are relocated to a sleepy town in France under the Witness Protection Program after snitching on the mob. Despite Agent Stansfield's (Jones) best efforts to keep them in line, Fred Blake (De Niro), his wife Maggie (Michelle Pfeiffer), and their children Belle (Dianna Agron) and Warren (John D'Leo), can't help resorting to old habits by handling their problems the "family" way. Chaos ensues as their former Mafia cronies try to track them down, and scores are settled in the unlikeliest of settings.

*Actor, Raging Bull, 1980; Supporting Actor,
The Godfather Part II,1974.
**Supporting Actor, The Fugitive, 1993.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Dokumentar
Digital Copy

My Review:
Well, that for me was a real good movie! And its always good to see De Niro again, even tho he's getting older. And Michelle Pfeiffer is still looking good. Its not much else to say about it. It was a fun 2 hours! Great actioncomedy that you guys should check out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 05, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »

Title: Kvinnen i buret
Director: Mikkel Nørgaard
Rating: 15 år
Length: 97 Min.
Audio: Dansk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Finsk, Norsk

Stars:
Nikolaj Lie Kaas
Fares Fares
Sonja Richter
Claus Maack Bahnsen
Marie Hammer Boda
Nynne Bojsen

Plot:
Etter en blodig skudduell som etterlater de to partnerne hans henholdsvis død og lammet, blir visekriminalkommissær Carl Mørck tvunget til å lede den nyopprettede Avdeling Q, en avdeling for uoppklarte saker. I avdelingen er det bare Mørck og hans nye assistent, Assad. Selv om de får klare ordrer om bare å sortere og lese gjennom sakene, går det bare én enkelt dag før Carls stahet kaster dem hodestups ut i mysteriet om Merete Lynggaard, en populær og ambisiøs politiker som for fem år siden forsvant fra en ferge, og hvor det eneste vitnet er hennes hjerneskadde bror som blir funnet skrikende på bildekket. Saken blir henlagt som et antatt selvmord. Denne forklaringen overbeviser imidlertid ikke Carl og Assad, og de begir seg ut på en reise som fører dem dypt inn i samfunnets mørkeste avkroker og på sporet av et beregnende og forskrudd sinn.

Extras:
Scenevalg

My Review:
Ah, so the Danish people have done it again huh? This is a tv-movie series that got recommanded to me, by a family member. And it was a great start to the story, its a crimeseries about a new specialforce to solve old cases people dont care about anymore. And with the first movie they delivered big time. Really enjoyed it.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas