Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 127355 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #1050 on: June 10, 2018, 07:27:14 PM »

Title: Con Air
Year: 1997
Director: Simon West
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong Violence
Length: 115 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: PCM: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Icelandic, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
Colm Meaney
Mykelti Williamson
Nick Chinlund
Renoly Santiago [Renoly]
John Malkovich
Ving Rhames

Plot:
Buckle up for "a pure adrenaline rush!" (Sixty Second Preview) as producer Jerry Bruckheimer's explosive hit, Con Air, detonates on Blu-ray Disc®. Starring acclaimed actors Nicolas Cage, John Malkovich, this edge-of-your-seat thrill ride soars to new heights in this remarkable format.

A prison parolee (Cage) - on his way to freedom - faces impossible odds when the maximum security transport plane he's on is skyjacked by the 10 most vicious criminals in the country. Experience death-defying stunts and mind-blowing special effects in eye-popping 1080p while jet engines roar and turbulent action rocks your world in 5.1 48khz, 24-bit uncompressed audio. The excitement takes off and never lets up with Blu-ray™ High Definition!

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Featurettes

My Review:
Since i saw Karsten bought Con Air, i was in the mood to rewatch it, ages since i watched last time. And the movie is just great from start to finish. Great action trough-out, Some great moments here and there. A great Malkowich in the lead as the crazy mastermind and ofc the oldschool Nicolas Cage! I really love the old stuff from Nicolas Cage. I think Nicolas Cage and Jerry Bruckheimer has made alot of great movies together! All in all this a fun and great actionflick! So lets hope we will see Cage back to his oldschool days when he was at the top. Check it out!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 11, 2018, 12:15:24 AM »
I may have to rewatch Con Air as well. It's been 12 yaers since I watched it. I especially remember Steve Buscemi being wonderfully creepy. He's good at that.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 11, 2018, 08:09:15 PM »
Hehe, yeah! Rewatch it! And rewatch it in HD if you can. I think they have done a great job with the transfer.
And when it comes to Steve Buscemi, he is a great creep. He plays the creeps just so wonderful. It seems so real,
and when i come to think of it, i havent seen Steve Buscemi in a part where he didnt play either a creep (pedophile) or
any other type of criminal. There are some actors that just "are made" for that villian part. Like Sir Anthony Hopkins aswell.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas