Author Topic: The "Quebec Storm" marathon.  (Read 6229 times)

Touti

The "Quebec Storm" marathon.
« on: March 08, 2008, 09:36:21 PM »
The snow storm has started in Montreal now and it's falling hard, we're expecting around 30 centimeters between now and tomorrow.  I got plenty of food for the week-end and no more shopping to do so I'm just gonna sit here and watch movies.

First in line:

I've seen this before but never on DVD.  I'm not a big fan of Ben Affleck but I like Uma Thurman and I'm expecting the surround sound to be good in this, I hope it won't be a disappointment.

Back in 2 hours.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: The "Quebec Storm" marathon.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 09:55:08 PM »
The snow storm has started in Montreal now and it's falling hard, we're expecting around 30 centimeters between now and tomorrow.

Not start here yet, but I'm sure that we will be hit too. Like if we don't have enough snow already  ::)

I live in a basement and I can see nothing from my window...except a lot of snow  :laugh:

Touti

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:08:29 AM »
Less than 3 hours and there's already 6 or 7 inches in the streets here.

Next in line.

See you in 2 hours (or less if I take a break ;))

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 12:44:15 AM »
We got over 12 inches of really heavy snow yesterday. It's been snowing since early Friday afternoon and has been a constant downfall since. I had to babysit today so I came out yesterday because I live on a dead end street that is one of the last to get plowed. I knew if I didn't leave when I did I'd never have made it to babysit. My 45 minute drive took 2 1/2 hours! :o I can't believe we had 60 degrees a couple of days ago! Ahhh spring is in the air - well it was for a day anyway! :)

Touti

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 02:27:50 AM »

I've just finished watching the pledge during which I was twice surprised by huge lightning outside the lighted the whole sky.  It's still falling and blowing pretty hard.

Back to the movie.  I really enjoyed the pledge, this is a suspense as I like them, not a thriller as it isn't an action movie but a real suspense where you don't know until the end what really happened or is going to happen.

This movie is loaded with a panel of good actors, Jack Nicholson in the main role, Robin Wright Penn, Benicio Del Torro, Helen Mirren, Mickey Rourke and more.

The very last scene of the film with Jack Nicholson alone is worth seeing, excuse my language but he's a fuckin' good actor.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:24:48 PM by Eric »

Touti

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 02:45:02 AM »
Next

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »
You never mentioned Paycheck again! Not worth it?  :tease:

Touti

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 03:30:59 PM »

Paycheck:  It's definitely not the movie of the century.....or the decade.....not even the year it came out but it's a good movie anyway.  As I expected the surround sound was interesting, I'm usually not a big fan of 5.1 but in certain movies I like it.  Ben Half Luck is equal to himself in this movie (read "not very good") and Uma Thurman is, as usual, not very pretty but sexy and kind of charming.  I personally never like Eckhart, I think he has the face of a clerk, not an actor, no matter what he plays I always only see him, never his character.

That said, if you want to sit in a vegetative state and watch a movie for two hours "Paycheck" is a good candidate.

Domestic Disturbance:  That's a good thriller with some good actors,  Travolta is good in that kind of movies.  I didn't remember the title but when the movied began I remembered I had seen it before however I didn't mind watching it again although I remembered the whole thing.  There is one of those movies where you can only sit and wait to see when what you already guessed will happen actually happens.  It's a good movie if you've never seen it but it's definitely not a "repeater".
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 08:44:53 PM by Eric »

Touti

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 12:52:47 AM »
The storm is over but they haven't picked up the snow yet so my "Storm Marathon" isn't over.

Next in line:

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 02:01:39 AM »
Speaking of snow storm, here's what it looks like on my street.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/RossRoy79/ZeBancDeNeige2008
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:06:46 AM by RossRoy »

RossRoy

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 01:09:43 AM »