Author Topic: Charmed Marathon  (Read 30478 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Charmed Marathon
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2008, 08:09:14 PM »
Disc 3:

8. Sam, I Am
Cole attacks The Charmed Ones as he realizes that he must eventually give in to his evil destiny in the hopes that the sisters will vanquish him and end his suffering.

My Thoughts:
This is a decent... but standard episode. Though this does does have a couple new things. First after coming to the realization that Phoebe won't have anything to do with him either way... he stops trying to be good. At least as hard as he has in the past. And of course Paige meets her birth father.. her mother's whitelighter.

9. Y Tu Mummy Tambien
A lovelorn demon mummifies Phoebe in his quest to find the perfect body to hold the spirit of his dead lover.

My thoughts:
Another good but standard episode. Nothing to special here... unless you count how good Phoebe looked in that Egyptian outfit.

10. The Importance Of Being Phoebe
After kidnapping Phoebe, Cole's scheming spells create mayhem for the remaining Charmed Ones as he tries to gain access to the powerful spiritual Nexus in the manor.

My Thoughts:
This episode was good. I actually had forgotten about the Nexus until they brought it up in this episode. It has been a while since we seen it mentioned at all. So it was good seeing them go back to it for an episode.

11. Centennial Charmed
Cole's twisted attempts to win Phoebe back destroys the Power of Three. The Charmed Ones must overcome the destruction he has caused and pull together to vanquish the desperate Cole.

My Thoughts:
Charmed's 100th episode! And what a great episode! Thank goodness... Cole is gone! Finally permanently vanquished! Well I do believe his spirit returns for one more episode... in I think it was season 7. But that is OK... as the Cole storyline has finally come to an end. I think they handled the 100th episode with fun... but in a serious way. And they did a great job mixing it together.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2008, 08:21:41 PM »
Thank goodness... Cole is gone! Finally permanently vanquished!

Glad to see I'm not the only one happy to see him go. I was so annoyed by his character.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »
Oh no... you are not the only one. But I do believe there is not many of us. Some reason he seems to be a very popular character for most Charmed fans.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2008, 02:14:24 AM »
Disc 4:

12. House Call
The Charmed Ones become helplessly self-distructive when the council brings voodoo dolls along on a house call.

My Thoughts:
An enjoyable episode... but I did find it a little on the silly side. The curses that the Witch Doctors put on them just seemed a bit silly to me. But was good for a fun episode.

13. Sand Francisco Dreamin'
Terrifying nightmares come to life when a demon attacks The Charmed Ones with dream dust. The sisters must magically re-enter their nightmares to unmask the symbolic meaning of their dreams.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode. It ranks as one of my favorites not only of this season... but of the entire series. I really enjoyed watching the sisters having to deal with their dreams come to life.

14. The Day The Magic Died
At a Summit meeting with the leaders of evil, Phoebe and Paige discover that all magic - both good and bad - has disappeared. Piper needs her sisters' help after she loses her soon-to-be-born baby to the leaders.

My Thoughts:
Another favorite of mine. A huge episode... but of course they were going to make the episode when Piper's baby is born a big one! I thought they handled it very well... like how they made all magic in the world disappear till he was born. Made it show just how special this birth was.

15. Baby's First Demon
Demon kidnappers target Piper's baby for the demonic black market, but when their first attempt fails, the demons use Paige as a pawn to launch an attack on Leo and the baby.

My Thoughts:
This was also a good episode. I actually really enjoyed this whole disc... could it be because of knowing I have gotten past all the Cole episodes? Nah... these are all just good episodes. I liked how the baby learned that when the demon alarm sounds everyone comes running... and took advantage of that knowledge.  Made sense... as we know if a baby learns if they cry and always gets picked up... to just cry all the time. So that kinda fit in this magical show.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2008, 12:11:06 AM »
Disc 5:

16. Lucky Charmed
The Charmed Ones join forces with a Leprechaun to banish a deadly demon who is killing Leprechauns and stealing their magic. Good magic battles bad magic as the sisters tries to reverse the Leprechauns' bad luck.

My Thoughts:
This one is just your decent, fun episode. not really sure what to say about it... so think I will just leave it at... I enjoyed it, even thought there was nothing really special about the episode.

17. Cat House
Piper accidentally casts a spell that sends Phoebe and Paige back in time where, unbeknownst to the sisters, a wicked warlock tries to permanently alter their future by killing The Charmed Ones' cat.

My Thoughts:
This episode was kinda fun. It is a clips episode... if I am not mistaken... and I could be... but I think it is the only clip episode in the entire series. But it was fun looking back at clips from the older episodes. I did take notice that (of course) there was no Prue present... but they didn't leave her out all together... they showed the scene of when Prue was turned into a dog. And a couple other things like that. So it was nice to see they didn't leave the thought of her out... like they had to leave her image out of this episode.

18. Nymphs Just Want To Have Fun
Piper and Phoebe race against time to rescue Paige after she is transformed into a nymph and then captured by a demon who wants to rule the forest.

My Thoughts:
This was a decent episode... but nothing all that special about it. Just a standard good episode.

19. Sense and Sense Ability
An old crone who wants to kidnap Piper's baby weakens The Charmed Ones by stealing their senses. The blind, deaf and mute sisters must overcome their handicaps to defeat her.

My Thoughts:
This episode I really enjoyed. I must say... I definitely like Baby Wyatt much better then I ever did Cole. A lot of time a series will go downhill when they bring a baby into the show... but that is certainly not the case for Charmed.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2008, 02:50:08 AM »
Disc 6:

20. Necromancing The Stone
Halliwell matriarchs who have been summond to bless Piper's baby fall prey to the Necromancer demon who has return to the Spirit Realm to absorb their magical powers.

My Thoughts:
This is a decent, but standard episode. This is actually a pretty big episode for Grams... someone you don't see much of on the series.

21. Oh My Goddess! Part 1 & 2
At the risk of being seduced by their vast new powers, The Charmed Ones are transformed into gorgeous Greek Goddesses possessing the ultimate power to defeat a band of angry Greek mythic gods, the Titans.

My Thoughts:
This was a very good double-length season finale. I really enjoyed every minute of it. This episode started a lot of changes. The biggest which is the introduction of Chris to the show. This is also the episode where Leo becomes an Elder.

Over-All Season 5 thoughts:
This season is a really good one in my opinion. There is so much that happens story wise. So many changes. We finally say goodbye to Cole... and we are introduced to Chris... plus a whole lot more in between. Unfortunately... like previous seasons... there is no extras related to the series at all.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 01:16:28 AM »
Charmed: The Complete 6th Season
The Charmed Ones - Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan) - are back to bewitch and hold you spellbound. Join these modern-day witches in 'Charmed: The Complete Sixth Season' as their fantastic feats and supernatural escapadeswill leave you breathless.

Season Six catapults the sisters into action when they, disguised as Valkyries, must save Leo from an island of gorgeous warrior-maidens; Phoebe and Paige face off with a hungry Spider Demon that emerges to feed upon Piper; Phoebe accidently transforms into a genie; and magical go-go boots transports Paige back in time. Mix that with infectious humor, remarkable special effects, and intriguing storylines and you have a perfect brew of supernatural entertainment.

Disc 1:

1. Valhalley Of The Dolls
Paige tried to cure Piper's memory loss, but her spell goes amiss and Paige suffers total amnesia. Needing Leo's help, Phoebe and Paige discover that he is being he;d captive by warrior-maidens on the island of Valhalla.

My Thoughts:
I loved this episode.... what a way to start off a season! Like I said before.... I like it when the sisters get turned into things, and this is no exception... especially considering how gorgeous the ladies looked in their Valkyries outfits. Besides they hot looking women... this was a really good and strong episode. It did a wonderful job setting up the season. This would have to rank as one of my favorite episodes... of the season... and of the entire series.

2. Forget Me...Not
When a child inadvertently brings a dragon to life, the Cleaners spring into action to protect the magic from being exposed. The Charmed Ones take on the Cleaners in order to protect the child.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. A little on the standard side... but was worth the time put into it. But there really wasn't anything really special about this one at all. And the whole thing about the cleaners... it just seems a little odd that we are into the 6th season and are now just hearing of them. If they existed and was so quick to jump in here... where were they when they were exposed and we lost Prue?

3. Power Of Three Blondes
When The Charmed Ones' identities are magically stolen by three evil sisters, they must outsmart the sinister trio to get their lives back.

My Thoughts:
While not a bad episode... I did find this episode to be a little to silly for my taste. I mean yes it did feel like it was on purpose... but those 3 blondes just couldn't act well enough to fit in with the series. They just wasn't believable. The whole episode was like silliness on overdrive here. So nope... it just didn't do it for me.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »
Disc 2:

4. Love's A Witch
Paige becomes immersed in an ongoing feud between two magical families. the Montanas and the Callaways, and attempts to bring about a truce.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good episode. Here we meet a guy that Paige becomes interested in as she tries to stop two family of witches from feuding.

5. My Three Witches
The Charmed Ones learn a valuable lesson in magical priorities when a Whithlighter and a demon cast them into an alternate reality.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. The Charmed Ones get sucked into a world where their own desires comes true... but takes a tragic turn for the worse... and must find a way out.

6. Soul Survivor
Paige discovers that her new boss has sold his soul to the demon Zahn. Despite her sisters' pleas, Paige makes the ultimate sacrifice to save her boss.

My Thoughts:
This is a good... but standard episode. The storyline of Paige wanting to hand some of these magical problems on her own at times is starting to get a little old. I understand where it is coming from... where she was raised as an only child... but it kinda goes against what Charmed has ever been.

7. Sword And The City
A bevy of magical beings arrive at the manor after the Charmed Ones agree to help the Lady of the Lake protect Excalibur, the legendary Sword in the Stone.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but a bit on the silly side. Not that it was done in a silly way... as it was done quite seriously. I just found the whole storyline a bit silly. Was more of a stand alone episode... not one that served much purpose for future episodes.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »
Disc 3:

8. Little Monsters
The Charmed Ones believe that they can raise a half-demon infant to not be evil when they become foster parents after vanquishing the demon's parent.

My Thoughts:
This is a good but standard episode. Basically all I really can say about it.

9. Chris-Crossed
When a witch from an elite assassin family arrives to take Chris back to the future, The Charmed Ones must pull together to save him.

My Thoughts:
This one is a really good episode. In this one we find out the reason Chris came from the future... what he is trying to save Wyatt from.

10. Witchstock
Paige is transported back in time via a pair of Gram's magical go-go boots. Piper and Phoebe must prevent Paige from changing the past and disrupting the lineage of The Charmed Ones.

My Thoughts:
This is an episode that is just done for fun. Making Grams a '60s flower child. But what I think was the funniest was how they portrayed the '60s Leo.

11. Prince Charmed
Piper's overprotective tendency toward her son causes her to swear off men for the rest of her life. Paige and Phoebe conjure up a Mr. Right to remind Piper of the importance of love.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not what I would consider a great one. In this one the sisters finally find out what it is that Chris is trying to save Wyatt from... which we (the viewers) found out a couple episodes ago.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2008, 07:39:01 PM »
Disc 4:

12. Used Karma
Dangerous supernatural events result when Phoebe is the accidental recipient of the spirit of Mata Hari, a stripper and double agent during World War 1.

My Thoughts:
This was a pretty good episode. In this one Phoebe's boyfriend finds out about them being witches. I loved the reaction he had... Paige accidentally orbs them into a room right in front of him... and he just stares and faints. Very funny! This is another possession episode... but with a twist as she isn't really possessed by a spirit... but by bad karma.

13. The Legend Of Sleepy Halliwell
A Magic School mentor calls upon The Charmed Ones to find out who cast the spell of darkness upon the school and conjured up the Headless Horsemen who's been busy beheading the teachers!

My Thoughts:
This is another really good episode. In this one we don't only get introduced to the Magic School... but Phoebe learns the truth about who Chris really is. I have really enjoyed the Chris storyline... I think they did an awesome job of keeping you interested... first by making you wonder if he is really good or bad... and then making you wonder exactly who he is... teasing you with the info. Which made it a really great ride.

14. I Dream Of Phoebe
Magical misfortune abounds and wishes go awry when phoebe is tricked into becoming a genie after she frees that genie from a bottle.

My Thoughts:
Another fun episode. it is  Phoebe's turn again to get turned into something... this time a genie. And now in this one Chris has to tell Paige who he really is... so now it is only Piper and Leo that don't know.

15. The Courtship Of Wyatt's Father
Phoebe and Paige believe that Leo and Piper are dead after they are accidentally sent to the Ghostly plane by a Darklighter.

My Thoughts:
And yet another good episode. This one of course is there to get Piper and Leo together for Chris' sake. But they end up in the Ghostly Plane... so Paige and Phoebe must rush to save them... so that they can save Chris. At the end of this one Paige and Phoebe tells Piper who Chris is.... and the three of them decide it is for the best not to tell Leo.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2008, 01:19:56 AM »
Disc 5:

16. Hyde School Reunion
Phoebe's wild teenage personality takes over when she inadvertently casts a spell on herself before her high school reunion. Her delinquent former classmates then user her magic for wrongdoing.

My Thoughts:
This was an episode that was more on the fun side. Just basically Phoebe getting in trouble and then having to fix the problem. At the same time they need to save Chris from some demons that are on to him.

17. Spin City
Piper is kidnapped and cocooned by a Spider Demon, a creature who emerges every hundred years to feed off magical beings. Chris mutates into a spider after becoming infected with the Demon's venom.

My Thoughts:
This was a really good episode... and Chris' turn to get turned into something when he gets infected by the Spider Demon... and turns into one himself. We also get a good idea just how bad Chris and Leo's relationship in the future really is. Did I mention how much I really enjoy this Chris storyline. Unfortunately that storyline is coming close to an end.

18. Crimes And Witch-Demeanors
The Charmed Ones are put on trial for recklessly abusing their powers after Phoebe and Paige are caught on tape using their powers.

My Thoughts:
This is another clips episode. Well not really as there wasn't THAT many clips shown. But it does visit scenes from all the other seasons... clear back to season 1.  It is a decent episode that has some consequences for Phoebe. Is a good episode... but think it could have been better.

19. A Wrong Day's Journey Into Right
Paige unknowingly conjures up Mr. Right's evil twin, Mr. Wrong, who uses his magical pheromones to trick her into believing that she must kill her sisters to realize her secret desire.

My Thoughts:
This is a decent standard episode. Nothing really special. Well.. Paige does give in to evil a little bit in this episode... but it was explained away by her being under a spell of sorts... so not really. It is another episode that I though could have been better.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »
Disc 6:

20. Witch Wars
The Charmed Ones' powers are in jeopardy when they are tricked into taking part in a new demonic reality television show, where demon contestants compete to hunt down the sisters. The winning demon acquires their powers.

My Thoughts:
This one I really got a kick out of... was one of the good ones. I liked how they made fun of Reality TV. Definitely one of my favorites.

21. It's A Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World
After Chris and Leo fall through a portal that transports them to an evil mirrored world, Phoebe and Paige must travel to the parallel universe to rescue them while battling their evil counterparts.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode... but not one of my favorites... especially for a season finale. It just came off a little to silly for my tastes. But it wasn't really bad. It definitely had it's moments.

Over-All Season 6 Thoughts:
This is one of my favorite seasons. I really enjoy the character of Chris and how they handled his storyline from beginning to end. I liked how they didn't let us know much about him... and how we just got drabs of info on him through-out the season. Unfortunately, like most seasons of Charmed there is no Charmed related extras what so ever in this set. All you get is a handful of trailers for other series on the first disc.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »
Charmed: Season 7
Follow the Charmed Ones, Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan), on their suspenseful adventures of the supernatural! In 'Charmed: The Complete Seventh Season', the magical Halliwell sisters are called to travel back in time, protect the innocents from the deadly demon Sarpedon, and keep Zankou from claiming the powerful Book of Shadows. join the Charmed Ones in the ultimate battle of impending doom when the almighty Avatars from ancient Egypt plan to vanquish anyone who threatens theirUtopian transformation of the world! 'Charmed: The Complete Seventh Season' is filled with pure excitement, romance and mystical thrills

The Power of Three has never been better!

Disc 1:

1. A Call to Arms
The exotic powers of Hindu's Ultimate Lovers, Shakti & Shiva, overtake Piper and Leo, Phoebe and Paige must stop them from consummating their love or the universe faces destruction.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode... but pretty standard. Especially considering that it is a season premiere episode. I do have to admit... Piper did look pretty freaky with 6 arms.

2. The Bare Witch Project
A mishap at Magic School conjures up a gorgeous Lady Godiva who arouses a spirit of liberation in The Charmed Ones. But the sisters can't bask too long in Lady Godiva's glow when an evil land baron sets his mind to killing Lady Godiva.

My Thoughts:
Was a good episode. Mostly Paige having problems trying to take over the Magic School.

3. Cheaper By The Coven
The Charmed Ones are whirled back in time when Grams arrives for Chris's wiccaning and the sisters are stunned to find themselves to be bickering teenagers once again.

My Thoughts:
This was a really good episode. In this one not only do we have Leo finally starting to become his old self after being betrayed by one of the other Elders... but we have the always lovely Charisma Carpenter guest starring.

4. Charrrmed!
The Charmed Ones are bewildered when the aging curs of an infamous 18th-century pirate is transferred to them. The sisters must bring the Fountain of Youth to life in order the break the curse.

My Thoughts:
Decent episode... of course they make this after the huge success of Pirates of the Caribbean. They even mention the movie in the episode.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »
Disc 2:

5. Styx Feet Under
A bloodthirsty demon, set on destroying his human half, goes on a deadly rampage to kill his remaining blood relatives. Piper is "killed" so that she can help the Angel of Death clean up the mess.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode. As I said many times I like when the sisters become other things... and this time it is Piper that becomes an Angel of Death. I know it has been done a million times before... but I must say I still get a kick out of seeing a huge hole through the gut of someone like is in this episode. And we get to see the lovely Charisma Carpenter again in this episode.

6. Once In a Blue Moon
The light of a blue moon conjures up strange transformations in The Charmed Ones. Could Leo be to blame for the near-death of the sisters' new Whitelights...or is it the sisters themselves.

My Thoughts:
An episode about The Charmed Ones having PMS plus! LOL  Was a decent episode. but nothing really special.

7. Someone To Witch Over Me
Paige's decision to help Agent Brody brings the sisters face-to-face with an evil demon, Sarpedon, who captures innocents' Guardian Angels for his own protection. Piper and Phoebe die at the hands of Sarpedon but Leo can save them - but only if he turns over his free will.

My Thoughts:
Good episode... not only does it have a good weekly story. But it also has an appearance by last season's character Chris. Was good to see him again.

8. Charmed Noir
Paige and Agent Brody are sucked into an unfinished novel and find themselves in the turbulent times of a 1930s film noir. Their only chance of escape is to find the missing author and help him be a hero so that the story can end.

My Thoughts:
To me... this one is only an OK episode. I personally never much been into the Film Noir... so I really wasn't the target fan for this particular episode. Felt a bit slow for my taste.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2008, 03:42:27 AM »
Disc 3:

9. There's Something About Leo
Leo's announcement that he is an Avatar causes pandemonium in The Charmed Ones' lives. Blood is shed when the distracted sisters are unable to fulfill their duty to protect the life of an Innocent.

My Thoughts:
A good... but not great episode... it is one of those episodes I call a "what if Episode"... where something is brought out into the open... just for the one episode to see how things would turn out.  There is nothing really special about this episode... but it isn't bad either.

10. Witchness Protection
Leo is forced to protect the Seer upon the Avatars' insistence that she has information that can help destroy the demons while Agent Brody shares his darkest secret with Paige.

My Thoughts:
This episode I really enjoyed a lot... unfortunately this is the last episode to guest star Charisma Carpenter.

11. Ordinary Witches
The underworld's most powerful demon transfers The Charmed Ones' powers to innocent bystanders who run amok with their new abilites.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but once again nothing really special.

12. Extreme Makeover: World Edition
With the impending doom of the Avatars' Utopian transformation of the world where all humans must be put to sleep, The Charmed Ones become victims of a paranoia spell that attracts and kills an Avatar.

My Thoughts:
Once again an alright episode. For some reason I never really cared about the whole Avatar storyline. I am just glad that the Avatar storyline didn't last the whole season.
Pete