Author Topic: Charmed Marathon  (Read 30720 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Charmed Marathon
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 07:42:25 PM »
Disc 2:

"She's A Man, Baby, A Man!"
Original Airdate: November 4, 1999
When Prue casts a spell to catch a demon who kills only men, she turns into a guy who is rendered powerless as the demon's fatal charms zero in on her.

My Thoughts:
This one is more of a fun episode then anything else. It was pretty funny to see Shannen Doherty as a man.

"That Old Black Magic"
Original Airdate: November 11, 1999
An evil witch hunts for her magic scepter, which Prue has found, while Leo, Piper and Phoebe must locate the Chosen One to keep the powerful scepter out of evil's hands.

My Thoughts:
A good episode.. but not one I would call great. I did get a kick out of them putting some lost documentary makers in the woods... claiming they were looking for the Blair Witch.

"They're Everywhere"
Original Airdate: November 18, 1999
The Charmed Ones must save a young man from brain-zapping Warlocks who
are after the power he has collected from ancient tablets.

My Thoughts:
This is a basic filler episode... a good one... but nothing really special here.

"P3 H20"
Original Airdate: October 21, 1999
Prue must face her greatest fear in order to destroy a watery demon when the sisters revisit the place where their mother suspiciously drowned. In the process, they meet a mysterious stranger from their mother's past.

My thoughts:
This is one I liked a lot. Goes back into the mother's past... and were we first learn of Sam. I remember watching this one for the first time.. thinking it is about time they finally face the demon that killed their mother!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 12:23:04 AM »
Disc 3:

"Ms. Hellfire"
Original Airdate: January 13, 2000
Prue assumes the identity of a mysterious assassin, while Piper and Phoebe race against time to protect the next intended victim.

My Thoughts:
This was a very good episode I enjoyed it a lot. Pru really got into playing bad... and made it fun to watch. But I will say... that wannabe witch they saved really got on my nerves to watch... I am glad she wasn't in more of the episode then what she actually was.

"Heartbreak City"
Original Airdate: January 20, 2000
A Demon of Hate steals Cupid's powerful love ring and sets out to destroy all of his recent love matches, including the relationships of the Charmed Ones.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode... but not one of my favorites. It is just a basic good episode. And when you have a series that lasts well over 100 episodes the basic good episodes just don't seem as special.

"Reckless Abandon"
Original Airdate: January 27, 2000
Phoebe brings home an abandoned baby boy so the Charmed Ones can protect him from a vengeful ghost who has been killing off the men in his family.

My Thoughts:
Another basic filler episode... but was fun to watch. I got a kick out of seeing the sisters interact with a baby for the first time.

"Awakened"
Original Airdate: February 3, 2000
Prue and Phoebe ignore the code preventing witches from using spells for personal gain when Piper comes down with a mysterious. life-threatening illness.

My thoughts:
This is one I liked a lot. of course it does center around Piper... so that might have something to do with it. I also liked how they put the disease into a ninja doll and how they made others get infected with the disease. So was a fun episode for me.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 10:07:40 AM »
Disc 4:

"Animal Pragmatisrn"
Original Airdate: February 10, 2000
When Phoebe's friends use a book of spells to turn animals into men, Phoebe's attempt to reverse the spell goes horribly wrong.

My Thoughts:
This episode is nothing more then a done for fun Valentines Day episode. And yes it is a fun episode. I did like how they got around normal people pulling off a spell that only a witch could do.

"Pardon My Past"
Original Airdate: February 17, 2000
Phoebe risks her life by travelling back in time in order to reverse the past in which she was seduced by an immortal warlock to give into the dark side of her power.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode... another one where we are reminded that Phoebe could turn either good or evil.

"Give Me A Sign"
Original Airdate: February 24, 2000
When criminal mastermind Bane Jessup (Antonio Sabato, Jr.) narrowly escapes an attack by a powerful demon, he kidnaps Prue and forces her to use her powers to save him.

My Thoughts:
Nothing really special about this episode. Bane is back... no big deal to me... I didn't care for him the first time. Piper stress over if she should be with Dan or Leo.

"Murphy's Luck"
Original Airdate: March 30, 2000
When Prue rescues a woman who has been driven to attempt suicide by a Darklighter, she finds herself his next tormented victim.

My thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not great. Prue goes hunting for a job as a photographer. Saves girl being tormented by a Darklighter... Darklighter turns his wrath on Prue.  The only really big thing for this episode is not only does Piper make up her mind who she wants to be with... but Leo becomes a whitelighter once again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 02:08:36 PM »
Disc 5:

"How To Make A Quilt Out Of Americans"
Original Airdate: April 6, 2000
The sisters are asked by a family friend to stop a demon who steals skin from corpses, and soon learn that the woman is actually trading their powers for eternal youth and beauty.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... in this one you get to meet Gram's old coven... and just how much people will give up do to being elderly and sick. An elderly and sick witch tries to steal The Charmed Ones powers just to become young and healthy again. Piper... with all her love problems is sick of being a witch and is ready to call it quits.

"Chick Flick"
Original Airdate: April 20, 2000
The Halliwell sisters battle a demon who is bringing horror film characters to life and has called upon a knife-wielding corpse to kill them.

My Thoughts:
This is one of my all time favorite episodes. In this one a demon discovers he is able to go into movies and bring characters out into real life. So what does he do? He goes to horror movies. He brings out an Axe Murder from one movie... and Bloody Mary from another. Then sicks them on the sister... only problem... they are not real so can't be killed.

"Ex Libris"
Original Airdate: April 27, 2000
Phoebe tries to help the ghost of a former student who was killed by a demon wanting to stop the publication of the student's thesis proving the existence of evil.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I liked. One I liked the side story just as much (if not more) then the main storyline. This one has Cleavant Derricks (Sliders) guest starring. He is on the streets searching for a witness to the murder of his daughter.

"Astral Monkey"
Original Airdate: May 4, 2000
A doctor accidentally acquires the powers of all three Halliwell sisters during a blood transfusion and begins using them to harvest organs from innocent victims.

My thoughts:
A decent episode... but nothing really special here. Though I did like the way it picked up from the episode "Awaken". We find out what is done with the blood drawn from The Charmed Ones.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »
Disc 6:

"Apocalypse Not"
Original Airdate: May 11, 2000
Piper, Phoebe and Leo must rescue Prue, who has become trapped in a vortex with one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... though basically a filler episode. Nothing really all that special about it.

"Be Careful What You Witch For"
Original Airdate: May 18, 2000
Prue is killed and Piper and Phoebe are powerless to reverse the deadly damage when a fast-talking genie working for a Dragon Warlock grants each of the sisters a wish.

My Thoughts:
they decided to end this season with more of a fun episode then something serious. They had French Stewert to guest star as the genie... which I doubted the first time I heard about it... but he actually did a good job. It is kinda odd how they temporarily killed Prue in this episode what with what happens at the end of the next season.

Over-All Season 2 Thoughts:
Over-all I felt this was a good strong season. I am kinda glad Dan (Piper's boyfriend neighbor) is now gone... as I never much liked that character. Unfortunately this season has no extras what so ever... besides basic promo trailers on the first disc.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 06:16:41 PM »
As much as I been absolutely loving this marathon... I need to put it on hold for a bit now. I found out that this week there will be a lot going on with my mother. I unfortunately found out that her lung cancer is definitely back... though not to what degree. She has an appointment for some tests tomorrow that should tell us more once the results get back to us. Which I am guessing will probably be on her next general doctor appointment.

Anyway with a lot going on starting this week I just don't know how much of what I will be able to watch so I think it will be better if I started watching a disc at a time  on different shows and a movie here and there again for a while. Maybe weekends will be better to do my Weekend Movie Marathons.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »
Pete, it's so bloody unfair. Best wishes to you all, and keep your spirits up. I so wish that Charmed was actually a documentary and we could call up one of those girls to wave a magic wand and put it right.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »
Thanks Jon... I appreciate...

Yeah.. unfortunately there is no real magic in the world... but hey... either one of the women that play the sisters could always come comfort me in my time of need! sorry... I am back now!  ;D
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 10:19:53 PM »
I wish your mother the best of luck. Hope she can fight it back again.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 12:16:17 AM »
Thanks Karsten... but afraid it will be a tough battle... she is much weaker then she was the first time around.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »
Maybe I will buy this show this year. In Europe its comes in a nice package:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000LXGRSK/
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000NIN02Y/

But it's currently a bit too expensive for me.
After Amazon reduced the price for the first season, I made a blind buy yesterday. I ordered both parts of the first season (Charmed is sold as half season around here), 14.95€ each.

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 10:42:53 AM »
Very cool... hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 10:45:05 AM »
Very cool... hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)
Currently I am stealing your cover image to build me a virtual "Season 1" box that can get a collection number. :D
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »
lol... that's cool... go for it! :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »
With all the talk of the complete series set... I just can't help myself. I must finish off this marathon! So this evening I will start it back up... taking  over where I left off... Season 3!  :tv:
Pete