Author Topic: A/V Receiver  (Read 1857 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
A/V Receiver
« on: November 15, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »
My old A/V Receiver is starting having problems, so I decided to replace it.

After months of doing meticulous research on various specialized websites (i.e. reading half an hour worth of one-star ratings on Amazon) I bought this one:

Yamaha RX-V471
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

hal9g

Re: A/V Receiver
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »
That's a lot of receiver for the price!  Nice!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »
This evening I had the time to srt it up and it was really easy. It comes with a microphone that is placed where you usually sit (it can be mounted on a photo camera tripod) and then the system adjusts itself, basically using Sonar.

It also tells you when you've accidentally switched + and - on your speaker cables.

So far I'm really satisfied.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 05:18:48 AM »
This evening I had the time to srt it up and it was really easy. It comes with a microphone that is placed where you usually sit (it can be mounted on a photo camera tripod) and then the system adjusts itself, basically using Sonar.

It also tells you when you've accidentally switched + and - on your speaker cables.
That sounds awesome. Things they can do with modern technology never fail to amaze...

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »

Yes, my Onkyo has the same system. Makes it a doddle to set up! I was glad of it, because I can get very pedantic about being sure I've got the speakers set up right and it was great to be able to pass responsibility onto that little microphone.  :laugh: