Author Topic: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2011  (Read 32832 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2011
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »
I dunno... whatever you want to call it!  :tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
     Shock-O-Rama (2006/)

Director:Brett Piper
Writing:Brett Piper (Writer)
Length:89 min.
Rating:Rated R : Sexuality, Nudity, Language and Some Violence
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Misty Mundae as Rebecca Raven
Duane Polcou as Zombie
Michael Thomas as Frank
David Fine as Gaylord
Erika Smith as Sarah

Plot:
Veteran horror master Brett Piper (Screaming Dead, Bite Me!) unleashes his newest mad creation... a gruesome, grotesque horror comics-inspired monster movie adventure. Shock-O-Rama drips with bone-chilling terror and unearthly monstrosities and delivers it all with the outrageous special FX for which Piper is renowned.

Axed from the movie studio that made her a household name, world famous horror actress Rebecca Raven (Misty Mundae) travels to the country for rest & relaxation - and a battle with a flesh-starved ghoul hungry to turn her into zombie left-overs. Meanwhile, the studio executives rifle through past productions to find a sexy new star for their next film, and two fright flicks grab them by the eyeballs. One of them features killer aliens crash-landed in a junkyard that wage war on its shotgun-toting owner with a 50-foot-tall demon borne of scrap metal and car parts. In the other, an over-sized, under-stimulated hunk of evil brain experiments on beautiful young women for the purpose of experiencing human sensual pleasure. Can these bloodthirsty creatures somehow be real? And will there be a brand new "Rebecca Raven" to send them kicking and screaming back to monster hell?

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • 6-Page Booklet

My Thoughts:
This is an anthology horror that I just got which has Misty Mundae in it. Needless to say it is a low budget release. This one I enjoyed quite a bit. Definitely easier to understand then Sinful was. I liked how they tied all the stories together... using a studio trying to find a new star so watching tapes of others work. My favorite story in this one is Zombie This which just happens to be the one with Misty Mundae. It is also a big part of the wrap around story. If you don't mind the look/acting in low-budget films this is one that I would recommend. I had a lot of fun watching it.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 24
TV Ep. Count: 51
Other Count: 1
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »
See I told you those movies are fun ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:32 PM »
     Halloweentown (1998/United States)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Home Entertainment
Director:Duwayne Dunham
Writing:Paul Bernbaum (Screenwriter), Jon Cooksey (Screenwriter), Ali Marie Matheson (Screenwriter), Paul Bernbaum (Story By)
Length:84 min.
Rating:TV-PG
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Debbie Reynolds as Aggie
Judith Hoag as Gwen
Kimberly J. Brown as Marnie
Joey Zimmerman as Dylan
Phillip Van Dyke as Luke
Emily Roeske as Sophie

Plot:
On her 13th birthday, Marnie learns she's a witch, discovers a secret portal and is transported to Halloweentown – a magical place where ghosts and ghouls, witches and werewolves live apart from the human world. But she soon finds herself battling wicked warlocks, evil curses and endless surprises.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
My daughter is off from school for a 4 day weekend this weekend. And since I have all 4 Halloweentown movies recorded we decided to watch 1 each day that she is home. This is a cute little Disney family movie. Something nice to watch this time of the year with your kids.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 25
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2011, 11:14:58 AM »
I guess you all can tell by my numbers that my heart really isn't in it this year. I am going to try to do better... but the numbers will definitely be low this year.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
You aren't the only one this year. Mine don't go too well and the level of activity in the group thread is inexistant. Except for you, me and Marie nobody review what they watch :(

Sam review some horror movie too but not in a dedicated thread. Achim participate but don't review. Sebastien doesn't watch anything since he have too many new games to play with. I've no idea why Hal, Kevin and Jon don't participate (except real life coming in the way of course...).

Not the best mararthin for everyone here this year I thing :(

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »
Sam review some horror movie too but not in a dedicated thread.

Yeah, I didn't go out of my way to review horror, just how the viewing happened to fall. I'm not really one for genre-specific marathons, especially month-long ones as I find I quickly find I require something of a different pace.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »
     Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010/United States)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Paul W.S. Anderson
Writing:Paul W.S. Anderson (Writer)
Length:97 min.
Rating:Rated R : Sequences of Strong Violence and Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Milla Jovovich as Alice
Ali Larter as Claire Redfield
Kim Coates as Bennett
Shawn Roberts as Albert Wesker
Sergio Peris-Mencheta as Angel
Spencer Locke as K-Mart

Plot:
After a one-woman assault on the Umbrella Corporation's fortress, Alice's (Milla Jovovich) superhuman abilities are neutralized. Now, fleeing the Undead masses created by the T-virus, Alice reunites with Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) and her brother, Chris (Wentworth Miller). Together they take refuge with other survivors in an abandoned prison, where a savage zombie mob stands between them and the safety of "Arcadia." Escaping these bloodthirsty mutants will take an arsenal. But facing off with Albert Wesker and the Umbrella Corporation will take the fight for survival to a new level of danger.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I ever seen this movie. Watching it I felt a little lost at first. This may be because it has been a very long time since I seen the previous movies. But once I got into the storyline I enjoyed it just as much as the previous movies. I love the combination of horror and action in these movies. Great visuals and action sequences that are just a lot of fun to watch.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 26
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
     Charmed: The Third Season: All Halliwell's Eve (2000/United States)

Paramount Home Entertainment
Director:Anson Williams
Writing:Constance M. Burge (Created By), Sheryl J. Anderson (Writer)
Length:43 min.
Rating:NR
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell
Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
Dorian Gregory as Inspector Darryl Morris

Plot:
Original Airdate: October 26, 2000
The Halliwell sisters travel back to the 1600s to protect a coven in danger of extinction and save their own future.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
One of my favorite episodes of one of my favorite TV Series! I normally don't care for what I call "Period Pieces"... movies/episodes that take place well into the past. But this is definitely an exception. I liked the way that they showed there was a lot of magic know-how lost over the years. And I especially liked the reveal of who it was they went back in time to save. Excellent episode!

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 52
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2011, 11:25:49 PM »
     Charmed: The Final Season: Kill Billie: Vol. 1 (2005/United States)

Paramount Home Entertainment
Director:Michael Grossman
Writing:Constance M. Burge (Created By), Elizabeth Hunter (Writer)
Length:43 min.
Rating:NR
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwelll
Kaley Cuoco as Billie
Brian Krause as Leo

Plot:
After Billie freezes in fear upon seeing her demon target, The Dogan, she opens up to The Charmed Ones about a Halloween long ago when a demon kidnapped her sister.

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Really good episode... and another Halloween one. I keep forgetting about this Halloween episode... as it is really low key... Halloween is not the main focus of the storyline. More of a backdrop for the story. It is fun seeing an episode with Kaley Cuoco again. It has been a while since I watched this season. I almost forgot that she joined the cast!

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 53
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »
You aren't the only one this year. Mine don't go too well and the level of activity in the group thread is inexistant. Except for you, me and Marie nobody review what they watch :(

Sam review some horror movie too but not in a dedicated thread. Achim participate but don't review. Sebastien doesn't watch anything since he have too many new games to play with. I've no idea why Hal, Kevin and Jon don't participate (except real life coming in the way of course...).

Not the best mararthin for everyone here this year I thing :(

I just haven't had the time to join in. I do have a couple of horrors on my slate, but certainly not marathon quantity. Sorry! :bag:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2011, 06:07:06 AM »
Achim participate but don't review.
My October is a big busy this year, that I just can't get myself to write reviews to the movies I watch. :-[ I am happily reading anout what other watch though.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2011, 06:08:34 AM »
and I do an effort this year as many of the films I watch are more mainstream than what I usually watch :whistle:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2011, 12:29:51 PM »
And I haven't watched any horror DVDs in the longest time.   :giljotiini:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »

The Walking Dead: Season 2: Bloodletting
Rick possibly stumbles upon another safe spot while attempting to come to the aid of someone in danger. Meanwhile, Shane heads off on a mission for much-needed medical supplies

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. Not quite as much as the first one of the season... but still very good. Maybe I am getting spoiled by DVDs... but I found myself getting aggravated by all the cliffhangers and having to wait for a week for the next episode. While watching it on DVD I don't have to wait. So watching it as it airs is a bit off-putting. While there is a bit of zombie action in this episode... it is much more story oriented then action-packed.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 54
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:34:39 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete