Author Topic: RossRoy's Random Viewings  (Read 295003 times)

RossRoy

DOA Dead Or Alive
« Reply #690 on: May 30, 2011, 04:30:29 AM »
    DOA: Dead or Alive (2006/United States)

(Canada)
Director:Corey Yuen
Writing:J.F. Lawton (Screenwriter), Adam Gross (Screenwriter), Seth Gross (Screenwriter)
Length:86 min.
Stars: Jaime Pressly as Tina Armstrong
Devon Aoki as Kasumi
Holly Valance as Christie Allen
Sarah Carter as Helena Douglas
Natassia Malthe as Ayane

Plot:
Filled with non-stop action, eye-popping martial arts stunts, and hot, ass-kicking women, D.O.A. :Dead or Alive follows a group of super-skilled fighters from across the globe invited to a remote Pacific island to compete for the $10 million title of World’s Best Fighter. Led by pro-wrestler 'Jaime Pressly' (My Name is Earn and ninja princess 'Devon Aoki' (Sin City), the finalists must band together to defeat their sinister host. Featuring the hi-octane direction of 'Cory Yuen' [The Transporter), D.O.A.: Dead or Alive delivers a jaw-dropping, pulse-pounding, heart-stopping finish!

My Thoughts:
"Filled with non-stop action"?

Yep, that's pretty much it. There's some sort of background story, but, it's entirely secondary. It's all about the girls fighting, looking pretty doing so. And you know what? I enjoyed it! It was exactly what I was in the mood for today: mindless, beautiful, sexy, action. That's what I got.

Rating:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:41:58 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: RossRoy's Random Viewings
« Reply #691 on: May 30, 2011, 06:34:33 AM »
Not sure if sexy would be the first thing in my mind with a film starring Jaime Pressly :shrug:
She had one of the most annoying voice I've ever heard (even Fran Dreschner sound sexier...), enough to be an instant turn off for my brain.

RossRoy

« Reply #692 on: May 30, 2011, 06:40:00 AM »
Not sure if sexy would be the first thing in my mind with a film starring Jaime Pressly :shrug:

I'm not talking about Jaime Pressly at all ..

I've always liked Holly Valance, and Devon Aoki is also really cute. Natassia Malthe is great too. And the girl playing Helena (Sarah Carter) is very beautiful too!

There's enough pretty lady to counteract Jaime Pressly hahaha

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 30, 2011, 06:46:12 AM »
The only one I knew is Natassia Malthe because of Bloodrayne 2 and yes she is kind of cute, she looks like a normal person and this is what I usually like. By the way she is also in Bloodrayne 3 that I've pre-ordered a couple of days ago.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 30, 2011, 07:09:48 AM »
I had Blake Snake Moan and and off my radar several times. Just wish listed it again...

Well, is it release day, full price worth? Probably not .. but it's been out a while, so you probably can find it pretty cheap, if so, Totally worth it.

Well, I just checked and I paid full price upon release. And I don't regret it either. It's a great movie, a serious (if somewhat simplistic) drama disguised as an exploitation flick, done with verve and style.
Matthias

RossRoy

« Reply #695 on: June 05, 2011, 05:45:17 AM »
I'm currently rewatching

Smallville: Season 1.

I wanted to watch Season 8, but when I put the disc in and started watching the first episode, I was lost. I didn't know what was going on. So I was going to rewatch parts of Season 7 to get into it again, and thought .. why not from the start?  :laugh:

So here I am, watching Season 1 again. Getting hooked and loving just as much as before ... and getting as annoyed with Lana as before.

Really enjoying it .. all over again! 5 episodes to go in Season 1

RossRoy

« Reply #696 on: June 14, 2011, 02:16:15 PM »
Just started watching Season 4 of Smallville yesterday.

Smallville: Season 4.

I had forgotten just how much energy Erica Durance brought to the show. I love how she interact with Clark Kent. There is a chemistry between Tom Welling and Erica that just wasn't there between Kristin (Lana Lang) and Tom.

And I love that face Chloe makes in Façada (4x03) at the end after Lois dumps Clark in a pool of water by throwing a football unto a target and they start smiling flirtily at each other.

RossRoy

« Reply #697 on: July 08, 2011, 06:25:34 AM »
Well, all good things must come to an end. I just finished watching the series finale of Smallville, bringing a 10 years long journey to an end. And I loved it the whole way through! Right on through the last minute of the finale! It's funny because, I know I had that big silly smile the whole time Clark Kent finally endorsed Superman. And you know what? I'm feeling a little down at the moment .. it's over. There's no more Smallville to be watched.

I loved Tom Welling's portrayal of CK. Sure, it was shaky in the first few years, but he's grown as an actor along with CK. Makes you wonder if it was not just an act right from the start ;)

Erica Durance as Lois was just lovable. I said it before, but I'll repeat it here: Her arrival brought a new energy to the show, and it carried all the way through to the end.

Allison Mack as Chloe completely blew me away. Her smile alone makes me meltdown ...

And Lex .. Michael Rosenbaum probably is one of the better live action portrayal of Lex. Sometimes I just wanted to rip his gut out! ;)

---

Anyways, I'm really sad it's over .. I grew quite attached to the whole cast. Even Tess won me over after a time.

---

I'm torn now .. Season 10 is coming out soon, along with a Complete Series set. My mind was set on just getting Season 10 and completing the series and be done but .. I loved it so much, i'm starting to think maybe I should get the complete series on Blu ray now .. decisions decisions ...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 08, 2011, 02:25:04 PM »
I still need to buy Seasons 9 and 10. But I really could watch that series finale again. Wish I still had it on my DVR! :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #699 on: July 09, 2011, 05:12:19 AM »
I still haven't seen any of this show...not sure why I didn't start watching it when it first started airing.