Author Topic: Jimmy's - 2011 Ooctober Horror Marathon  (Read 36498 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy's - 2011 Ooctober Horror Marathon
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2011, 05:06:10 PM »
At least I ain't the only one thinking it's a badly written film :laugh:
Never seen the original but I guess it's a lot better and make more sense. Did you write a review somewhere for it?

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »
No, I haven't seen it since before 1st Jan 2009 when I started to keep meticulous track so no idea when I last watched it. Must've been on TV/borrowed as I don't actually own it either. From what I remember it was definately better than the remake but still had issues with originality and is one of many similar Eastern movies.

I know there are a couple of sequels for the US version though.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
Did they use my idea in the remake :laugh:

Seriously did they made a sequel where all hell break loose at the technology free zone because an electric monster possess a team of telephone technicians who go there to install a cellular antenna :whistle:

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2011, 05:22:54 PM »
I assume you mean the sequels? I have no idea but if they haven't, knowing Hollywood and their lack of morals, and the fact you didn't copyright your idea, Pulse 4 might well go that way. :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2011, 05:28:05 PM »
I assume you mean the sequels?
:bag:
sequel, remake, reboot, prequel this is a lot of words and I'm easilly confused :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2011, 11:25:29 PM »
MOVIE / DVD INFO:

Title: Day of the Animals (1977)

Genre: Horror
Director: William Girdler
Rating: NR (but it was rated PG when it was in theatre)
Length: 1h38
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English
Subtitles: None

Stars:
Christopher George
Leslie Nielsen
Lynda Day George
Richard Jaeckel
Michael Ansara

Plot:
Scientist warn that the depletion of the earth's ozone layer is reaching critical levels, particularly in higher altitudes. How critical? Enough to unleash the vengeful wrath of the entire animal kingdom! No human is safe, particularly a group of nature-loving hikers (including Christopher George and Lyndia Day George) who are constantly menaced by every conceivable mountain-dwelling creature. Dogs, rats, snakes, hawks, owls, mountain lions and bears are out to send a clear message about chlorofluorocarbon abuse. But perhaps the angriest animal of them all is Leslie Nielson (The NAKED GUN Series, FORBIDDEN PLANET) who, fed up with his lily-livered companions, takes matters into his own hands.

My Thoughts:
During the course of his short career William Girdler did a lot of great low budget film improving his craft after each one. This one was made one year before The Manitou who is probably his most known film, The Manitou will be his last film too as he died in an helicopter crash while doing scouting location for his next film (he was only 30 years old).

This film is certainly the champion in the animal out of control category, usually those films feature only one crazy animal not this one since all the animals are in attack mode. Most is the action happen in a mountain location, so it's also a men against the nature film. The film features a very strong cast for a B movie and almost everyone do a good job. Even with a PG rating this film is "scary" mostly because of its isolated vibes and when the dog pack attack this is sure scary.

Also it's your chance to see Leslie Nielsen playing an unlikable jerk fighting a bear, you won't see this often :laugh:

Rating :

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2011, 01:45:13 AM »
Even if it rest two more days to go this one is over for me till next year. I want to watch other things... I need my dose of exploitation :laugh:

Not a record breaking year this time and far from it since I'm 22 films short from my last year record, but considering what happened in real life at the beginning of the month it isn't that bad.

I have done an effort to review almost everything I've seen this time (40 reviews for 45 films watched) contrary to last year. I've even made an effort to put more mainstream stuff than I usually do.

So I hope that you have like my marathon a little bit and get some idea for your wishlist from it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2011, 06:50:53 AM »
Enjoyed reading your reviews Jimmy. :) I have really slowed down myself. I just really haven't been in the mood this year for some reason. But I am going to try to fit some more stuff in today and tomorrow.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2011, 06:54:23 AM »
Funny thing is that I wanted to watch other things and guess what I've started yesterday?  :whistle:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:56:15 AM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2011, 07:18:57 AM »
Great show! I have all the episodes. I haven't watched it in years though.
Pete