Author Topic: Horrible Bosses  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Horrible Bosses
« on: August 10, 2011, 10:58:40 AM »
Horrible Bosses

After reading and hearing so many good things about this, I ended up going to see it last week. 

The movie is really funny, though the humor isn't going to appeal to a lot of people.  Some of what happens is rather twisted.  A few things are a bit gross, though the gross humor doesn't go overboard like it has in some other movies.  The movie definitely deserves the R rating and is in no way family friendly.  Some of the funnier things are in the trailer, but there are other things not in the trailer that are really funny too.

The plot, while not the most original - the characters even reference Strangers on a Train and Throw Momma From a Train - but there are differences from those movies and things are handled in a way that is entertaining.  The story works really well and makes the movie a better R rated comedy than Hangover 2 was.  The bosses are all truly horrible in different ways, though men may not have the issue with Julia that Dale has.  There is nothing appropriate about her behavior and she is very blatant in when it comes to sex.  Bobby is a slimey, drug addicted jerk.  Colin Farrell looks so different in this part.  I've read that he helped come up with things for the character, like his interest in kung fu and the hairstyle.  Harken is evil and twisted and it seems like his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top at times.  Kevin Spacey is wonderful in the part.  The three friends are the main characters.  They are mostly likable, though not exactly the brightest bulbs at times.  They have no clue what they are doing more often than not.  That does lead to some very entertaining scenes. 

I really enjoyed the movie overall.  It is worth watching, though it won't appeal to everyone. 

I did get a longer review - though without spoilers - posted at Epinions a few days ago.

Horrible Bosses