Do you want the tag to show the profile in a new window

Yes
6 (50%)
No
2 (16.7%)
Don't care
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: The "What ya' Got" tag.  (Read 26114 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The "What ya' Got" tag.
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »
Hi, Eric

currently you are using

index.php?mediaid=[[mediaid]]&action=show

could you use

index.php?lastmedia=[[mediaid]]

instead?

Difference:

http://doena-soft.de/phpdvdprofiler_en/index.php?mediaid=743216829798.5&action=show

http://doena-soft.de/phpdvdprofiler_en/index.php?lastmedia=743216829798.5
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2009, 09:02:02 PM »
Hi, Eric

currently you are using

index.php?mediaid=[[mediaid]]&action=show

could you use

index.php?lastmedia=[[mediaid]]

instead?

Difference:

http://doena-soft.de/phpdvdprofiler_en/index.php?mediaid=743216829798.5&action=show

http://doena-soft.de/phpdvdprofiler_en/index.php?lastmedia=743216829798.5

Anyone but me interested in this?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

RossRoy

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2009, 09:04:33 PM »
No, it makes sense to show it with the list of movies still showing on the left pane.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2009, 10:18:51 PM »
Personally I don't use the tag here, but the plugin that you or Tom (not sure wich one) had made for DVDP. The plugin create a link to the movie only and not the list, I prefer this way but one way or the other don't make a difference for me.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »
Personally I don't use the tag here, but the plugin that you or Tom (not sure wich one) had made for DVDP. The plugin create a link to the movie only and not the list, I prefer this way but one way or the other don't make a difference for me.

It's Tom's.
Karsten

Touti

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2009, 03:18:51 AM »
Karsten I'm sorry you're post was left unanswered back in July, I don't remember seeing it.  As for my opinion I don't really have any preference but maybe you can just create a "short" version of the whatyagot tag for those who prefer that.  Obviously it would be the poster's decision, not the reader.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2009, 07:30:41 AM »
Karsten I'm sorry you're post was left unanswered back in July, I don't remember seeing it.  As for my opinion I don't really have any preference but maybe you can just create a "short" version of the whatyagot tag for those who prefer that.  Obviously it would be the poster's decision, not the reader.
Don't worry. Most of my feature request are "Sidewinders": Fire & Forget. I have an idea, ask for it and one day later even I have forgotten that I asked for it.

I accidentally stumbled across this topic again, nothing more. ;)
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »
Ok, now we have whatyagot (the old one) and right beside it whatyagot2 :)

Karsten

Touti

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »
IF we use both in the same post does it count the as if we owned twice as many DVD's ?

Kathy's making my count go very low so I'm trying to cheat my numbers  :-[

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2009, 07:45:51 PM »
This "What Ya Got" function is one of the reasons (this and the watched banner) I miss my phpdvdprifiler (which I still can't get to work)... a shame we can't have something like this for the Invelos page.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »
This "What Ya Got" function is one of the reasons (this and the watched banner) I miss my phpdvdprifiler (which I still can't get to work)... a shame we can't have something like this for the Invelos page.
What's your problem with phpDVDProfiler?
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2009, 09:00:26 PM »
What's your problem with phpDVDProfiler?

I have no idea what so ever. See I don't understand any of the coding at all. I even had ajm host it for me and he did all the updates to the coding for me. He even set me up with cwRsync so I could easily update my collection. Then one day I had a pretty bad computer crash and had to reformat my hard drive. Then when I went to update phpdvdprofiler it wouldn't update the images or my watched stats... we (ajm and myself) played around with the settings and the next thing I knew it wouldn't even connect any longer. We finally ended up giving up and I went back to using my invelos.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2009, 03:24:21 AM »
Pete, if you want, we could try setting it up on my website. You'd just have to change a few settings in my rsync batch file and you'd be set to go.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
I think my cwRsync needs to be completely redone now any... as it won't even come up now.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
I think my cwRsync needs to be completely redone now any... as it won't even come up now.
If you transfer to a new server that is unavoidable anyway. I'd say, uninstall it, then re-install and then follow Sebastien's lead. You'll have to create a new public key and all that.

I have previously set this up for and with Doug (deadman36g) and it only took us a few e-mail rounds (and I think one online chat) to get it done.