Author Topic: Mr. Popper's Penguins  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Mr. Popper's Penguins
« on: July 16, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »
When I first saw the trailers for Mr. Popper's Penguins, I thought it had the potential to be cute, though I wasn't sure I wanted to see it.  I ended up going to see it with a friend and I liked it overall.  It is a fun, cute, family friendly movie, though it does have some problems.

The plot is silly and not at all believable, but it does make for an entertaining movie.  I know it was based on a book, but I haven't read the book.  From what I read about the book, it seems like the plot has been changed a lot for the movie.  There are a lot of funny moments, though some of the humor is a little gross, dealing with penguin poo and things of that nature.  There are a few sweet moments in the movie as well.  A lot of what happens is just silly, but it works for the movie.

The penguins are really cute.  Jim Carrey can be hit or miss, depending on if he goes too over the top.  I think he did pretty good with this movie.  The other actors are fine in their parts. 

Not everyone will like this movie, but as a family friendly choice, it isn't that bad.  I would have gone with 3.5 stars at Epinions if I had the option.  Since I didn't, I ended up rounding up to 4 stars.

Mr. Popper's Penguins