Author Topic: Hanna  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Hanna
« on: May 08, 2011, 05:33:53 AM »
The previews for Hanna made the movie look interesting, so I decided to see it even though I was still not that sure about the plot.

The plot is interesting, though rather simple.  It is basically just that Hanna has been raised and trained to be a killer for some reason.  That comes out later in the movie, though other things aren't fully resolved.  There is a little mystery earlier in the movie, though that doesn't really add any suspense.  Several scenes are extremely violent and there is something disturbing about a teenage girl being that skilled at killing people.  Hanna can take care of herself in some situations, but she is horribly unprepared by other more every day things.  She is an interesting character, but Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass is better.  Things start off interesting enough and more original, but it turns very predictable.

Miranda serves as the main villain and she is a good villain.  There is something extremely creepy about her most of the time, from the obsessive way she brushes her teeth, to her determination to get Hanna and her father.  She has a weird accent though that is a bit distracting.  She, like the other characters, are flat and not that developed.  The cast does fine with their parts, though none of the performances really stands out.

Hanna is entertaining, but it isn't a movie for everyone.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Hanna

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: Hanna
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:03:31 AM »
Well, you sure were busy...  :) I'm really looking forward to this. The trailer may place it in Kick Ass territory, but I've read some interesting comments that emphasize the fairytale aspects of the movie and claim that Joe Wright has made an arthouse action movie. Plus, his action sequences are supposedly shot very clear without the usual choppy editing of Bay, Nolan and the likes.
Matthias

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 06:26:13 AM »
Yup..I've had some to catch up with. 

I can see the arthouse action movie description..that fits.  The action scenes aren't as full of the choppy editing.  I hate that stuff.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »
Well, you sure were busy...  :) I'm really looking forward to this. The trailer may place it in Kick Ass territory, but I've read some interesting comments that emphasize the fairytale aspects of the movie and claim that Joe Wright has made an arthouse action movie. Plus, his action sequences are supposedly shot very clear without the usual choppy editing of Bay, Nolan and the likes.
I can confirm That the trailer is not representative of the film. Not sure if I'd call it fairy tale, but it certainly concentrates on the girl's journey and finding out more about her roots than on action. Since she was not in touch with society for her entire life there are so e humorous encounters. The action is part of the story, not the story connecting pieces of action...